Raphael (Mirage): 4
Ken Masters: 6

Helena Shaw vs. Lori Quaid
MATCH SCORE
Helena Shaw: 2
Lori Quaid: 3

Tournament - Teletubbies vs. Sesame Street

SSJRuss

Can you tell me how to get, how to get to Sesame Street?

To Sesame Street!

To Sesame Street!

Sesame Street…

Cookie Monster appears in front of a blue backdrop. He stands behind a table. The table has an empty plate on top. Cookie Monster holds a large sack over his shoulder.

“Oh ah. Hello. Ha Ha… Me is Cookie Monster. Today, ah--” He stares at the camera, eyes glossy. “Oh yes. Today we learn about accidents. Yes, accidents. Accidents happen. Cookie Monster was in a cookie accident. Nevermind Cookie Monster’s band-aid.”

The camera switches over to a different backdrop. This one is yellow with Abby Cadabby in front. “Cookie Monster wasn’t supposed to talk about accidents that day. He was assigned the letter ‘O’.”

Big Bird sits next to Mr. Snuffleupagus on the front steps of his home. “He wasn’t paying attention, but we could tell something was wrong with him, right, Mr. Snuffleupagus?” He nods with his long hairy trunk and Big Bird continues, “Would you wear a bandaid and not tell anybody how you got it? And what was with that sack?”

Back to Cookie Monster, who has put his sack on the table. “Okay. Me going to show you what’s in the--”

“Hey, Cookie Monster!” calls a high-pitched voice from offscreen. Elmo joins him in the shot, smiling as usual.

Cookie Monster is startled. “Oh, Elmo. I didn’t see you there.”

“How are you doing?” Elmo asked.

“Me fine, me fine. I was just about--”

“What’s in that bag?” Elmo asked, reaching for the opening of the sack.

Cookie Monster stares at him and pulls it away. “Me was going to show them, Elmo. These special--”

Elmo notices the band-aid on Cookie Monster’s arm. “Oh, Cookie Monster, what happened to your arm!?” he cried.

“That. That nothing Elmo, leave it alone.”

Elmo tries to grab Cookie Monster’s arm to get a closer look. Cookie Monster is pulling away. The two of them engage in a tousle before Elmo gives up.

“It was accident!” Cookie Monster shouts, “Accidents happen!”

“Yes they do,” Elmo agrees, “I’m- I’m glad you’re okay, but I think you should see a doctor.”

“No, me fine,” Cookie said as he reached into his bag.

The camera swings to Elmo later on. He’s sitting in a chair, interview style. “He wasn’t fine.”

Back to Cookie Monster, who pours the bag onto the table, revealing bread with smiley faces on them. “This is toast. Okay? It like a cookie. It crunchy. It munchy. Oh, it’s very good--” Cookie Monster jams the toast in his mouth, crumbs and pieces falling all over the place.

“Toast?” Elmo inspects one of the smilies. “Where’d you get these, Cookie Monster?”

Cookie eats a second toast before he answers, “Me found them…” He continues eating.

The camera switches back to Big Bird on the steps. “We have no idea where he got that toast. We were all concerned so we started an intervention.” Mr. Snuffleupagus nods next to him.

The camera goes back to Cookie Monster, but time has elapsed. He’s sitting behind a round table and his Sesame Street friends are with him. They are all looking at the half empty bag of ‘toast’.

“None of the kids said they made these, Cookie Monster,” Abby says, “You didn’t buy them and we didn’t make any, so we want to know where you found them?”

“Me… don’t want to say. Me, embarrassed.” Cookie Monster responds, fumbling with his fingers.

“What does embarrassed mean?” asks Javi, a four year old boy, standing next to Big Bird.

Big Bird leans down to the child, “Well Javi, it’s when you are afraid of what someone might think about you. Like if they’ll still be your friend or not.” He gestures to the others. “We’ll all still be Cookie Monster’s friends, won’t we?”

Everyone at the table cheers and agrees.

Grover pats Cookie Monster’s arm, avoiding the band-aid. “It’s okay, Cookie Monster. We’re your friends. You can tell us anything.”

“Me know.” Cookie Monster looks down at the table until he raises his head to look at everyone gathered around him. “Thank you for being friends. Me tell you where I found them. On a trip. Far away from Sesame Street.”

“But how did you hurt your arm?” Big Bird asks.

Before Cookie Monster answers, several loud metal thuds sound from outside and the camera shakes as the Sesame Street residents jump up from the table and rush to the window.

The Count makes it to the window first and laughs, “Ah, ah, ah! We have new guests! One, two, three, four guests!”

From outside, a faint singing could be heard.

“And what is that they are carrying?” the Count continues, “One, two, three, four bats! Ah, ah, ah!”

Abby Kadabby tilted her head, confused. “Bats?”

“Baseball bats! Ah, ah, ah!”

Ernie points and gasps, “That’s Oscar’s trash can! It’s all bashed in!”

The camera pans away from the table where Cookie Monster is shoving as much toast as he can into his mouth and jostles as it finds a place to film at the window. The area is crowded and the viewer can barely see past a clump of Big Bird’s feathers.

Four large, tubby-looking figures sway down the street to the rhythm of their own song. One purple. One green. One yellow. One red.

“They’re scary,” Javi whimpers from somewhere offscreen.

“Tinky Winky,” the purple one sings, spinning its bat in a circle. It seems to hear Javi’s whimper, as it stops in front of 123 Sesame Street and looks directly into the second floor window.

“Dipsy!” sings the green one, excitedly kicking Oscar’s can onto the ground.

The yellow one smashes a window across the street with its bat. “Laa-laa!”

The red one brings his bat down on Oscar’s head, “PO!”

Everyone gasps and Javi starts to cry for his mommy.

Tinky Winky stares at the camera through the window and whispers, “Tubby toast...”

Big Bird knocks the camera back as the Sesame Street gang all turn to look at Cookie Monster.

The table is empty and Cookie Monster is frantically licking up tubby toast crumbs. “Ah-- It was accident you see. Accidents happen.”

• Like 1

Aww man, excellent match! And stop giving points to Callisto, she doesn't belong in the leaderboard!

Can baseball bats harm the Count? Big Bird is a pretty big fella too, I'm not sure if just one Tubby can take him.

It was smart to take out the toughest one, Oscar, out first it really hurt the morale of the SS crew.

I think I'm gonna give it to the Tubbies, they're blood lusted and have bats!

tickle GIF

5 Stars!! Serious notes, I would love to see more fun stuff like this, good introduction to the characters, and awesome match!

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, OMFG said:

Aww man, excellent match! And stop giving points to Callisto, she doesn't belong in the leaderboard!

Can baseball bats harm the Count? Big Bird is a pretty big fella too, I'm not sure if just one Tubby can take him.

It was smart to take out the toughest one, Oscar, out first it really hurt the morale of the SS crew.

I think I'm gonna give it to the Tubbies, they're blood lusted and have bats!

tickle GIF

5 Stars!! Serious notes, I would love to see more fun stuff like this, good introduction to the characters, and awesome match!

Thanks man. But you know I can't write fun stuff like this all the time. I need my crazy serious story arcs lol.

I'm happy how this turned out. My wife had some great ideas that she helped with. Pure genius, she is.

But I knew I had to make the match when I saw this.

Screenshot_20200725-114052~2.png

Great set-up, Russ! :D I know next-to-nothing about the Teletubbies, but reading a scenario about two groups from children's shows having RL issues is just about hilarious!

As for the match, the fact that the Teletubbies are willing to get violent might mean that the Sesame Street gang might be in trouble here. 

• Thanks 1

Match Final Results

Member Ratings:
CBUB Match Judge : 5 Stars x 2

FPA Calculation:
6 + 0 + 0 + 0 + 0 = 6 Total Votes
( (6 * 5) + (0 * 4) + (0 * 3) + (0 * 2) + (0 * 1) ) = 30 Total Stars Score
30 / 6 = 5.00 Total Rating

MATCH SCORE
Teletubbies: 7