Ken Masters: 4

Guardian (Marvel Comics) vs. Captain Britain
MATCH SCORE
Guardian (Marvel Comics): 0
Captain Britain: 4

Tournament - Naughty Bear vs. Tom Nook

IKA

[Enjoyable kid’s show opening theme music] 

Hello everyone, and welcome to the show. My name is IKA (Insert clapping track here) and today we’re going to take a look at some of the best gaming characters! 

Today, I’d like to take a look at Tom Nook. Tom Nook is a character in the Animal Crossing series of games. He looks like a Racoon! He is a shop owner and a real-estate agent. That means he likes money! (Insert applause track here) 

Today, Tom Nook has to collected rent from one of his newest tenets! Let's go have a peak at how our renter is doing! 

[Camera pans over to Naughty Bear] 

Oh, Naughty how are you today? 

*Naughty Bear lowers his head and shoulders. * 

What’s wrong? 

*Naughty pulls out his wallet and shows us it’s empty. * 

(Insert pity noise here) Oh Naughty, where did all your money go? 

*Naughty points towards Tom Nook’s shop. * 

Oh my, did he take all your money? And now you have to work for years to pay him back? He over works you? (Insert Booing noises here) 

*Naughty nods his head* 

Well Naughty you don’t want to be working for him, forever do you? 

*Naughty shakes his head to say no.* 

Well, what are you going to do about it? 

*Naughty pulls out a Machete* 

OH, Naughty. That’s reminds us kids, today’s phrase of the today is, “Payback is a bitch!”. (Insert Applause Track here)

This setup is so cute and unexpected. I enjoyed this enough to make me want to play Naughty Bear lol

Naughty stomps. I don't think Tom Nook has any combat feats to speak of but I could be wrong.

4 hours ago, The Boob Tube said:

As much of a savage Naughty Bear is, I'm still going to have to give it to the Nook. He's always been one chill dude

But how does that translate to him winning? Lol

I don't see him fighting off a teddy bear with murderous intent.

Mismatch here. Tom Nook isn't a fighter, and doesn't really stand a chance.

Also, I don't get why people hate Tom Nook so much. He gives you a house without any interest on the loan for it, and no pressure to pay it back. The set-up was really short and wasn't much of a story. Just sort of "Character A is mad at Character B, so he's gonna go kill him." I give it 3 stars I guess.

Voting for Nook because I don't like mismatches like this. Putting a non-combatant up against a murderous killer who he has no prior knowledge of isn't really a fun fight to discuss

On 7/4/2020 at 9:52 AM, Peypeypeypey said:

Mismatch here. Tom Nook isn't a fighter, and doesn't really stand a chance.

Does he not though? Every time you delete a character in animal crossings, who is the one that tells you they can help you with that?

Also, I don't get why people hate Tom Nook so much. He gives you a house without any interest on the loan for it, and no pressure to pay it back.

I actually like Tom Nook, I just seen these two on the list and thought I could come up with a cute funny setup. Wasn't really intended to be a serious brawl type fight. At the same time though, it's not in Naughty's character to be just nice. 

The set-up was really short and wasn't much of a story. Just sort of "Character A is mad at Character B, so he's gonna go kill him."

That is literally the entire point. With Tom Nook, all he really has as introductions to his character, he doesn't need a grand side story, I thought he was best left like that, an introduction. As for Naughty Bear.. That's literally the entire plot of his games, he's mad because he wasn't invited to something so he kills everyone. To add anymore would be a fault to his character. 

If you didn't enjoy the setup I apologize, I thought I would go out of my norm to try something different, my setups are usually 3-4 pages and this is by far my shortest setup I've ever made (For the reasons I said above. Aside from your thoughts on the fight itself, did you find the setup funny at all? That is what I was mostly going for so if I failed on that, I know I failed. 

59 minutes ago, IKA said:

Aside from your thoughts on the fight itself, did you find the setup funny at all? That is what I was mostly going for so if I failed on that, I know I failed

It was funny, in my opinion.

It's been awhile, EF. 

Decent commentary-style match, IKA, It could've some more content, though (like some dialogue, etc. from Tom Nook's point-of-view, for example). I'll give it 3 stars.

As for the match, from what I can tell from looking up the characters, I ... don't think Nook survives this. :)

• Like 1

Match Final Results

Member Ratings:
CBUB Match Judge : 4 Stars x 2
CBUB Member : Join date after Dec. 31 2019. Not counted.
CBUB Match Judge : 2 Stars x 2
CBUB Match Judge : 3 Stars x 2
CBUB Member : 4 Stars

FPA Calculation:
0 + 3 + 6 + 2 + 0 = 11 Total Votes
( (0 * 5) + (3 * 4) + (6 * 3) + (2 * 2) + (0 * 1) ) = 34 Total Stars Score
34 / 11 = 3.09 Total Rating

MATCH SCORE
Naughty Bear: 7
Tom Nook: 4