Inhumanoids: 3

Tournament - Juggernaut vs. Mr. Incredible
MATCH SCORE
Juggernaut: 10
Mr. Incredible: 0

Tournament - Arthur Morgan vs. Doc Holliday

Episode 190

Match 2: High Noon

Pat: “Welcome back to Comic Book Universe Battles and if you are just joining us, you missed one Hell of a bout between Ellie from The Last of Us and Clementine from The Walking Dead.”

Jay: “Honestly, I didn’t even know zombie’s guts could splatter like that. Ahahaha!”

Pat: “Oh ho, Jay. Well moving on to our next matchup, this is literally going to be a showdown at O.K. Corral as the wild west will be won, once more, with another newbie match between Arthur Morgan from Red Dead Redemption and the infamous outlaw Doc Holliday!”

Jay: “These rootin’ tootin’ gunslingers have endured a lot of obstacles throughout their Wild West days. Up until their utter demise from tuberculosis within the late 19th Century.” 

Pat: “However; through the wonders of the advanced technology here at the Khazan Arena, we are fortunate enough to acquire both of these cowpokes while they are still in their prime. So let’s go over the statistics between both of our combatants here tonight for another Newbie Match.”

Jay: “Starting with Doc Holliday. He received his Doctor of Dental Surgery degree from the Pennsylvania College of Dental Surgery at the age of 20, became a professional gambler as a side hobby, and would later be deputized by legendary gunslinger Wyatt Earp to assist him in taking down a multitude of outlaws throughout the rest of his career. Some say that because of his extremely fast quick draw, that he was able to perfect, he was able to take down outlaws in the dozens. Quite the fascinating stuff.”

Pat: “Well Jay, while Arthur Morgan may not have the educational experience like Doc he sure as hell makes up for....everything else. Being one of the top lieutenants in the Van der Linde gang, Arthur Morgan has led quite the reputation in 4 fictional states, excelling in every challenge and skill he is able to overcome, and let’s not forget his quickdraw skills have been known to take down multiple enemies at once within a couple of seconds.”

Jay: “Truly this is one match that middle-aged men, like ourselves, are dying to see who will come out on top. As the arena finishes itself reforming into the town of the western landscape of Valentine, let’s go to the local saloon where local die-hard Texan, Stone Cold Steve Austin, will meet up with our combatants to go over the rules.”

Arthur Morgan enters the saloon where he sees several folks inside along with Doc Holliday, sitting in a corner of the room, as he shuffles a deck of cards. Arthur makes his over to Doc as his opponent merely looks up, locking eyes with each other.

Arthur: “Ah reckon that you’re the feller I’m supposed to tango with?”

Doc: “‘Ah reckon’ so. How do you wanna do this, partner?”

Steve Austin: “Alright you two. I wanna good clean hoedown for this match. You can either get it on in here or out there. Don’t matter to me how you wanna do it, just as long as I don’t get hit by one of your buckshots because of the way you aim those shooters back in your day.”

Doc gets up from his chair and gestures Arthur to meet him outside as he nods along in agreement.

Steve Austin: “Alrighty then, let’s get it on!”

Pat: “As our gunslingers make their way outside to settle it, like real cowpokes, let’s see what the viewers at home have to say about this.”

Oh my two favorite cowpokes!

Now is this going to like a brawl? When you say "step outside", or are they going to take the 20 steps, turn around a shoot?

This is going to help me with my answer!

• Like 1

It's going to be be a shootout, that's for sure. I would say they're going outside to get a lot more distance from each other in order to have one of those classic hoedowns. Whether they stand their ground or run to cover after the first couple of shots is entirely up to both of them.

I know little to nothing about these guys so I'll have to do some research. That said, I like the way you set this up like the last one. I also like that they just kind of met in a saloon and that's Steve Austin is the referee. Neat idea.

You could have drug this out a little more. I know the style lends itself to being shorter but I kind of want to read more.

My thoughts on the match would be about the same as what I wrote for the 'Ellie v. Clementine' match.  This one really could have used some more lines I think.  It somehow feels even more truncated that the previous one.  

And again, the sports caster construct lends itself to the fast and fluid description of action taking place. We, the audience, do not get to see any combat action through the sportscaster's eyes.  That is arguably the main strength of using that writing format.   2 cents.

Match Final Results

Member Ratings:
CBUB Match Judge : 4 Stars x 2
CBUB Match Judge : 3 Stars x 2
CBUB Member : 4 Stars
CBUB Match Judge : 4 Stars x 2

FPA Calculation:
0 + 5 + 6 + 0 + 0 = 11 Total Votes
( (0 * 5) + (5 * 4) + (6 * 3) + (0 * 2) + (0 * 1) ) = 38 Total Stars Score
38 / 11 = 3.45 Total Rating