Skar King: 1

Rumble 20547 UNSC Pillar Of Autumn vs. Re Verse vs. Lotta Litter
MATCH SCORE
UNSC Pillar Of Autumn: 1
Re Verse: 3
Lotta Litter: 0

How time has changed...

IKA

I thought I'd remind us all just how old we have all gotten.

So, I'd like to use this thread to show us what has happened in the last 7 years when the website closed to us all until now, when it has come back. 

A whole new Dragon Ball Series (Super) has come and gone.
Marvel was rebooted
DC was rebooted
16 Marvel movies were released to theater
8 DC movies were released  to theaters
A Whole generation of consoles has passed by us. 

Feel free to add some more. 
(PS: You're old now)

Thanks to ViceCityMobster I remembered this nugget.

A new Wrestling Promotion emerged under the name "AEW" or "All Elite Wrestling" and has a good shot at matching WWE in the near future. 

19 hours ago, Gizmo Hibiki said:

Stan Lee moving to Valhalla.

:(

I was beyond shocked when he passed, the man while old, always seemed to live longer than most could hope for. He will be missed gravely.

He wasn't the only one we lost either, many more including the likes of Casey Kasem, Harold Ramis, Joan Rivers, Philip Seymour Hoffman, etc. passed away in 2014 alone. ):

Ghostbusters, Jumanji, Star Wars, Terminator all getting new movies and making me feel like the 70s-80s just got repackaged.

My old ass on this site.

There have been five Star Wars films released, with two TV series (Mandalorian and Clone Wars) that have all been released since this site was last running. That means there have almost been as movies released in the past five years than in the prior 30 (From A New Hope to Revenge of the Sith). I had to use IMBD to confirm because that seemed a little crazy to me.

1 hour ago, Magnamax said:

There have been five Star Wars films released, with two TV series (Mandalorian and Clone Wars) that have all been released since this site was last running. That means there have almost been as movies released in the past five years than in the prior 30 (From A New Hope to Revenge of the Sith). I had to use IMBD to confirm because that seemed a little crazy to me.

More than two actually, Rebels, Forces of Destiny and Resistance all came and went as well.

1 hour ago, Z451 said:

More than two actually, Rebels, Forces of Destiny and Resistance all came and went as well.

Damn, I feel really old that I had to look two of those up. I was vaguely aware of Rebels because of some toys we sold at Target while I was working there in college, but had no idea the others existed. Things and time change, apparently...

Back then Disney hadn't bought Fox yet either. They had only just gotten the rights to Lucasfilm.

Dr. Stone 
My Hero Acedemia
Demon Slayer
7 Deadly Sins

None of those even existed yet. 

Mortal Kombat X amd 11 have come out with plenty of new characters, Injustice 2 came out, Kingdom Hearts 3 came out finally.

RoboCop, Joker, Leatherface, Freddy Krueger, the Xenomorph and a Predator are now in Mortal Kombat alongside Spawn.

There's a fanfic joke to be made here.

Akuma was brought into the Tekken series as canon now too. Fighter games have grown quite a bit this gen. 

Don't forget cross platform play is becoming more and more common too. 

Technically we can add many gaming Universes together into one extended universe now too!

Which reminds me... I never did get to write that PlayStation All-Stars story I wanted to do. 

A fan made a  My little Pony fighting game and got canceled by Hasbro, the fan project turning into a fighting game in the art style of MLP by Friendship is Magic creator Lauren Faust called Thems Fighten' Herds.

Killer Instinct and Samurai Shodown came back with great success.

A shit ton of guest characters as well as wanted characters appearing in Smash such as Daisy, Terry Bogard, Ryu and Ken, Banjo and Kazooie as well as Bayonetta and Little Mac.

Let's see, what's happened since the EF's last shutdown ... 

- The Legend of Korra had three more Books (seasons) and a comic book series. Book 2 was kind of a letdown, especially with having the Avatar franchise's least interesting lead villains (albeit also its most powerful combined threat). Book 3 almost more than made up for it, though, and Book 4 was decent.

- Young Justice was eventually renewed for a third season (The Weisman Curse was finally broken, yay!). Too bad I've still only seen the first few eps of Season 1. :(

- Black Panther finally got his own feature film, and it was actually worth the wait!

- There's a DuckTales reboot, and in some ways it's better than the 1987 'toon, at least from what I've seen of it.

- The 2012 TMNT 'toon wrapped up, and just in time to be replaced with another TMNT series. Eh, one take take or leave its art style and animation (I choose the latter). 

- Two Super Mario Maker games have come out, and believe me when I say Nintendo really outdid itself with the latest update to SMM 2.  

4 hours ago, DSkillz said:

Let's see, what's happened since the EF's last shutdown ... 

- The Legend of Korra had three more Books (seasons) and a comic book series. Book 2 was kind of a letdown, especially with having the Avatar's franchise's least interesting lead villains (albeit also its most powerful combined threat). Book 3 almost more than made up for it, though, and Book 4 was decent.

- Young Justice was eventually renewed for a third season (The Weisman Curse was finally broken, yay!). Too bad I've still only seen the first few eps of Season 1. :(

- Black Panther finally got his own feature film, and it was actually worth the wait!

- There's a DuckTales reboot, and in some ways it's better than the 1987 'toon, at least from what I've seen of it.

- The 2012 TMNT 'toon wrapped up, and just in time to be replaced with another TMNT series. Eh, one take take or leave its art style and animation (I choose the latter). 

- Two Super Mario Maker games have come out, and believe me when I say Nintendo really outdid itself with the latest update to SMM 2.  

Heehee, seems like you got some catching up to do on Young Justice. 

On the topic of TMNT, two new live action movies came out in 2014 and 2018 respectively, neither one was spectacular.

"Are you Afraid of the Dark?", the old Nickelodeon series some of you might remember from the 90's, was revived just last year as a three episode mini series.