The Xenomorph Queen: 5

Rumble 20588 Waldstein vs. Metera vs. Mutagen Man
MATCH SCORE
Waldstein: 0
Metera: 1
Mutagen Man: 2

PS5 vs. XSX

IKA

I was wondering who is jumping to the next generation of console when it is available. Which are you going for and why?

I personally will be getting the PS5 as soon as I can, I just love the exclusive offers from Sony, and even if it turns out to be the less powerful hardware, that won't bother me much as long as they still release good games. 

37 minutes ago, I_KNOW_ALL said:

I who is jumping to the next generation of console when it is available. Which are you going for and why?

I personally will be getting the PS5 as soon as I can, I just love the exclusive offers from Sony, and even if it turns out to be the less powerful hardware, that won't bother me much as long as they still release good games. 

... I've never been a Microsoft guy, so any system in the X-Box family line might feel odd to me, then again, Sony has disappointed me these days as the PS4 never truly held my interest either...

I would probably get a PS5 over a XSX, just because it seems more "natural", or "usual" to me.

Also, you might want to check on your grammar in the first sentence IKA.

Heh, sorry, my wife called me as I was typing that and my mind wandered away I guess. 

For me, I just like the way Sony games tell stories. Microsoft games usually seem like they were written by Michael Bay and I prefer a more story driven approach than "explosion = cool" if you know what I mean. 

Something tell me I'll be buying TLOU Part 2 twice like I did the first one though.  

Why anyone would be excited by Microsoft and XBOX at this point is beyond my comprehension. The Xbone was basically just a "play it because your friends have it" online machine. No real exclusives worth pursuing. Meanwhile, PS4 blew them out of the water and Nintendo is finally getting enough third party support to match their hardware. I'm saying this, knowing that I may not buy either one, but I don't understand any XBOX blind buying. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Magnamax said:

Why anyone would be excited by Microsoft and XBOX at this point is beyond my comprehension. The Xbone was basically just a "play it because your friends have it" online machine. No real exclusives worth pursuing. Meanwhile, PS4 blew them out of the water and Nintendo is finally getting enough third party support to match their hardware. I'm saying this, knowing that I may not buy either one, but I don't understand any XBOX blind buying. 

But... but... Halo...

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Magnamax said:

I just realized today that it's been ten years since a good Halo game was out, and that's if you like Reach.

Hehe, such happens to most games, but Halo/COD are some of the most prolific offenders out there, they just get worse and worse.

That said, X-Box has a notoriously limited amount of 1st party and X-Box exclusive games, compared to the other two.

1 hour ago, ViceCityMobster86 said:

I am choosing door 3 and saying PC

I don't believe I that was an option. This was about XSX or PS5. I have a strong PC as well, but that wasn't really the point of this topic. 

11 hours ago, Z451 said:

Hehe, such happens to most games, but Halo/COD are some of the most prolific offenders out there, they just get worse and worse.

That said, X-Box has a notoriously limited amount of 1st party and X-Box exclusive games, compared to the other two.

True, I liked Ori and the Bind Forest but other than that I am not sure if I can name a single exclusive I liked on the last gen.

The last Microsoft console I owned was the 360. I ended up having two of them throughout the last decade. They were fine but I pretty much agree with everyone here. PlayStation is where it's at. I still own my PlayStation 2, PlayStation 3, and 4. Oh and PSVR if that counts.

So yes I will buy the PS5. But probably not right away. I'll wait 6 months to a year when they start cranking out updates and improving the system. I have plenty games in my catalog to keep me occupied until then.

I'm actually in the same boat as VCM, don't think I'm getting a console this go around. Exclusives are hitting less and less, and there's whole genres of games that work better on mouse and keyboard instead of controllers. Think it might be time to finally hop off the console train.

On 5/15/2020 at 4:56 PM, DamagingRob said:

Psnprofiles.com/damagingrob Do you even need to ask? :/ But I don't know if I even need it. I have built up a pretty large backlog of PS4 games...

Oh man, I forgot to say I have one of these now. Love keeping track of my trophies. I was addicted for awhile.

https://psnprofiles.com/TheGreatRuss

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

i have been  an x-box guy since for the last 2 consoles  but iam thinking i will go back to playstation   i also want a nintindo i would love to see them drop a less gimmicky system the gamecube was the weakest of the 3 but was  still alot of fun  i think it would be cool if they released something that was like 200 dollars cheaper  than the other consoles but in exchanged  no online play  and  just focused on fun game play 

• Like 1