Season Losses: 0

Fantasy Team Page

Read more about The Silver Surfer at Wikipedia

Official Site: Marvel

Battle Terrain

Combat Terrain: Planet Endor

terrain_endor.jpg

Guest Dinsdale Piranha

Terrain is pretty irrelevant in this match. I'm tempted to say Surfer but I don't know enough about Spawn.

Guest force_echo

If Surfer tries to blast away, he'll probably lose. If he uses his more... esoteric powers and sends him to another dimension or something, then he wins. Basically, it depends on how creative Surfer is. He can definitely win though, not too different from all the times he's been up against Mephisto.

Guest sirmethos

Except for the fact that Spawn can only be put down by divine(or demonic) weapons/energy.  And the version that fits the slot, is definitely powerful enough to go up against the Surfer.

Guest sirmethos

Maybe because the Power Cosmic is manipulation of the Fundamental Forces of the universe, at its most basic.

Divine and Demonic energy doesn't fall under that category.

Guest Omega11

I'm fairly ignorant on Spawn but how do we know that ONLY divine/demonic powers can defeat him? Has he encountered EVERY kind of power and found all others ineffective?

Because I feel this argument is like claiming that paper can ONLY be destroyed by scissors because rock is ineffective against it.

Just because Spawn has not been defeated by powers other than divine/demonic does not guarantee that he can not be.

Guest sirmethos

I'm fairly ignorant on Spawn but how do we know that ONLY divine/demonic powers can defeat him? Has he encountered EVERY kind of power and found all others ineffective?

Because I feel this argument is like claiming that paper can ONLY be destroyed by scissors because rock is ineffective against it.

Just because Spawn has not been defeated by powers other than divine/demonic does not guarantee that he can not be.

Because that has been directly stated in the Spawn comics -.-

Wiccan magic can technically take him down as well, but only if he is willing to let it affect him.

Guest Omega11

Exactly! The SPAWN comics.

Nothing besides divine/demonic powers from his own universe may be able to affect him, but Silver Surfer is not from Spawn's universe.

Absolute statements don't necessarily hold up outside of their original parameters.

Guest Dinsdale Piranha

When the Silver Surfer fought Dracula it Tomb of Dracula #50, his powers had a strange effect on the vampire. Two issues later when Dracula faced his son, Janus, he said that Janus' powers weakened him in the same way the Surfer's had.

Janus was a strange creature, sort of an anti-vampire with a personality and powers that seemed as angelic as Dracula's seemed demonic. In the Surfer's own series (at least when Stan Lee was writing it) his victories were credited as much to his virtue, which Mephisto had a physical reaction to, as to his cosmic power. 

Guest force_echo

Except for the fact that Spawn can only be put down by divine(or demonic) weapons/energy.  And the version that fits the slot, is definitely powerful enough to go up against the Surfer.

That's incorrect. Spawn can only be KILLED by heavenly energy. That's not the only way to win a fight, hence why I said if Surfer is creative and doesn't just blast away at Spawn. Use some imagination.

but spawn can do most of the same things surfer can time manipulation transmutation open up wormholes into other realms telepathy. these are all mid level spawn feats not god spawn but I am not sure he can do these things on the same level though cool fight.

Guest force_echo

I agree. Spawn's powers are extremely versatile, Cog once said he can do near anything he wants if he has enough control of the suit, but so is the Power Cosmic, and there are multiple sources in the MU that say the same thing about the Power Cosmic. That's what makes this such an interesting and great fight. I don't know who wins, but it'll be interesting.

Guest Betterman

Spawn has these powers. 1st - 3rd Age:

Abilities:

Hell Blast. - Can melt the gates of heaven.
Super Strength - I cant calculate I think its around Coleuses level or more.
Super Speed - Has bien shown to Fly, React, and teleport at vary, extremely high speed.
Transmute- Like full metal Alchemist, he can transmute objects to his will - No seals!
Reality Warping- He altered his own reality (himself), As king of hell he can alter reality of hell itself!.
Super Healing, Has bien shown to heal at Deadpool, Hulk, Lobo rate. That's not bad at all. He doesn't need to use his powers to heal. As long as there is a form of a living person or creature and has don a "Sin" he can use that as a secondary source of power to heal its self.
His suit- It acts like a symbiote like Venoms only stronger. No weakness so far, and has auto protecting features to aid the host.
Has Spider-Man like senses or Precog thanx to the suit.
Can teleport, Himself or others to where ever he wants.
High resistance and damn near absolute Immunity to poisons and such.
Has to power to make potent poisons.
Has Psychic powers. So far he can read minds compared to God Like Cable. (Yup he two once linked his mind to all living things on earth to locate a certain someone more than once.)
Can tolerate high levels of mind *vulgarity*ing.
Stop Time.
His Chains, are nearly indestructible, and acts at the will of his command
He can do some serious mind *vulgarity*ing ala Ghost Riders' Penace Stare.
Thanks to his ability to transmutation, hi can make potent poises on the tip of his finger nails.

Weaknesses:

Decapitation - Supposed to be the only way to definitively kill some Hellspawn.
Heavenly Forged Weapons, such as Angelic Lances, Whips, Daggers, etc.
Celestial Fire - Such as that wielded by The Redeemers and The Disciple
Wiccan Magic - Such as that used by Nyx but he has to be willing to submit to it.
Heaven - His presence in Heaven, or in safe-zones of Heaven weaken him and his costume because of his nature as a hellborn warrior.
Greenworld - He has no power in the ethereal realm of Greenworld

4th Age Spawn:

Divine Powers:
Following Issue #161, the Man of Miracles had given him fruit from the Tree of Life and propelled his power to nigh-omnipotent levels, enabling him to rival God and Satan. Now with the powers equal to both God and Satan, Spawn is the third power in the battle of Armageddon. Spawn has apparent control over the Earth itself, using it to his will when in battle against both armies. Spawn used the Earth to swallow all other Hellspawn and imprison them back in Hell.

Many of these weaknesses appear to have been entirely removed, as shown by his conflict with Zera, who was the favorite warrior of God in the Amageddon story arc. Despite being armed with heavenly power and weaponry, and even after almost completely bisecting him, Zera was unable to kill Spawn. Since becoming nigh-omnipotent as of issue #161, Spawn no longer has weaknesses.

• 2 weeks later...

Also, shouldn't results be back for these matches again? The site came back up on Sunday night, so round 12 has been going on for at least 4 days.

Remember that Fox is likely still re-installing some things, so Callisto and UMPIRE have probably been put on hold for the time being.

If this is true, this means that we all have that much more time to discuss, vote on, and grade all of these matches, CP rumbles, and Fantasy match-ups.

Guest LoneWolf

Surfer easy. If he can't kill him, oh well just destroy the planet and fly away. He moves at light speed and has unlimited strength, barring PIS Spawn has no chance. 

Surfer easy. If he can't kill him, oh well just destroy the planet and fly away. He moves at light speed and has unlimited strength, barring PIS Spawn has no chance. 

Blowing up the planet isn't going to destroy Spawn and Spawn has just as much "limitless" strength as Surfer. Spawn has a plenty good chance, as he heals instantly and can dish out damage to hurt Surfer.

I think the setup should have included some angles (eg: what counts as a victory here).

Spawn can be killed by only specific energies that can 'unmake' him. They are not energies, per say, but rather divine forces. Surfer only comrpises the power cosmic, that has no divinity attached to it. I only mention this as some bros. have tried to mention it as such. While there is divine purpose perhaps behind the energy dispersion by Surfer, there is no sense of dvinity in the power itself. It is a science based power, coming together by the manipulation of elements and energies period.

That said, is this is a pinfall match, I will give it to Surfer, as he (judging from Spawn's routine conventional foes, and his reaction/pro-action times), will nail Spawn with enough salvo to blast holes through him, or disperse him. The problem begins if the match is a put down period. If it is indeed a 'more than a pin or first blood' match, Spawn wins as he will instantly regenerate, and come back with all sorts of counter measures that are too expansive to explain.

Simply said, Surfer's backup is the Big G, or power cosmic, which was spawned as a fore of nature, undoubtedly by a higher force; Spawn has direct access to just such a force, not to mention the self thinking and oft self acting necro attached to him. His 'pick this and that' and blast away potential will outlast Surfer, not to mention his involuntary ability or tendency to rip open portals and teleportation channels that Surfer will not trump or escape from, as he has a soul that is to put it bluntly, ridden with a certain guilt.

And bros., being a pacifist, and definitely holding back, will not help Surfer at all, as Spawn is a upper grade military man who can unleash all those shiny barrels at whim.

Again, if it is a one pin situation, Surfer will win, definitely as is only apparent from Spawn's previous scuffles and his almost, always, implied hesitation in attacking well meaning folks

If this is a drop dead situation, Spawn will win, solely due to his backup resources being primary ones and which will definitely outlast Surfer's in a long stretch.