Season Wins: 0

Season Losses: 0

Fantasy Team Page

Read more about Brainiac 5 at Wikipedia

Official Site: DC Comics

Battle Terrain

Combat Terrain: Tiny Island

terrain_island.jpg

Dang I thought I had vader benched. I think he uses the force to crush brainic5 into a tin can.

Hmmm... he looks benched now.  Can you tell me, was he off the bench and you just put him back or has he always been on the bench.  Trying to determine if there's a bug.

Guest sithisson

Well benched or not Vader I think has this. Brainiac is intelligent to be sure and he does have that shielding right? Yet not so certain he'd have anything to deal with a Force Crush among the other powers Vader can employ.

Guest bigballerju

Their is a reason why Brainac 5 sits back and lets the rest of the Legion battle. He is the one that stays back at base and guides the team through their mission. Brainac 5 plans, makes brilliant inventions, and more from base. But in a battle like this not even his force field will keep Vader from destroying him.

only problem with everyone's theory is that Vader can get through Brainy's shield.  Booster had an early version and it stood up to a few blows from Doomsday, Brainy's is even stronger.  He is also a super genius and smarter than anything Vader has ever encountered.

Brainy wins by staying in his shield, while uploading a virus that shuts down the cybernetic parts to Vader that keeps him alive.

Guest badpierce

Vader's force powers can go through shields can it not? I would asume there are midichlorians inside his force field.

Vader's force powers can go through shields can it not? I would asume there are midichlorians inside his force field.

Brainy's shield is advanced enough that it can filter out anything.  It can recycle the air inside and never have to open until Brainy decides to let it down.  He can basically filter anything he wants in or out.

Guest bigballerju

Brainac's force field has no way of protecting him from Vader force choking or force crushing him to death. Those aren't actually physical attacks that would be trying to get through the force field. 

Guest Omega11

The Jedi's inability to effect Droidekas through their shields suggests that an uninterrupted link to the target of their force powers is needed.

Guest bigballerju

The Jedi's inability to effect Droidekas through their shields suggests that an uninterrupted link to the target of their force powers is needed.

That's the Jedi though and it could be because whatever Jedi that tried it wasn't powerful enough. Also the Jedi's form of attacks are different from Sith. They didn't try force crush, force choke, or any of those other deadly Sith attacks.

Guest Red_Dragon

Actually, a lot of that was just dramatic convinience for the movies. Jedi in the EU could force push a droideka over.

Guest Dinsdale Piranha

That's the Jedi though and it could be because whatever Jedi that tried it wasn't powerful enough. Also the Jedi's form of attacks are different from Sith. They didn't try force crush, force choke, or any of those other deadly Sith attacks.

Yeah, but dark side or not, it's still the Force. The form of the attack may be different but the attack is still essentially the same. The Jedi or Sith projects the Force as a form of energy to affect the target. It doesn't matter that the Force is everywhere because we have a canon source showing that a force field can interfere with Force attacks.

And, while Vader is doubtless stronger than the Jedi, Brainiac 5's shield belt is incredibly strong. Superboy and mon El were unable to break through in the Legion series, and Superman was unable to affect it in Superman #8 (vol 2) If Superman doesn't have the raw power to break through, neither does Vader.

Guest sirmethos

Yeah, but dark side or not, it's still the Force. The form of the attack may be different but the attack is still essentially the same. The Jedi or Sith projects the Force as a form of energy to affect the target. It doesn't matter that the Force is everywhere because we have a canon source showing that a force field can interfere with Force attacks.

And, while Vader is doubtless stronger than the Jedi, Brainiac 5's shield belt is incredibly strong. Superboy and mon El were unable to break through in the Legion series, and Superman was unable to affect it in Superman #8 (vol 2) If Superman doesn't have the raw power to break through, neither does Vader.

We also have a canon source showing that Vader can use the Force despite force fields being between him and his target.

Namely Vader choking a person(officer) he's talking to via inter-ship communication, in the original movies(I don't remember which of the movies).

We also have a canon source showing that Vader can use the Force despite force fields being between him and his target.

Namely Vader choking a person(officer) he's talking to via inter-ship communication, in the original movies(I don't remember which of the movies).

but those shields were not on par with Brainy's level.  Brainy can block out the air and just recycle what he has for an undefined time.  Also how long would it take a 12th level intellect to upload a virus into quite frankly low level cybernetics?

but those shields were not on par with Brainy's level.

iirc Vader crushed a mans throat from the bridge of his Super ISD, on the bridge of another ISD...

A Supers Shields can withstand the impact force of 3+ ISD (Several Million Tons of Super Hardened Warship) traveling at Relativistic Speeds.

Let me pipe that through a Calc...

That's a minimum of 1.125e+26 joules of energy. Which is equivalent to the total energy output of a Star per second.

Brainy can block out the air and just recycle what he has for an undefined time.

Which wouldn't help him at all. The Force Bypasses Shields, it doesn't matter how Powerful they are.

Also how long would it take a 12th level intellect to upload a virus into quite frankly low level cybernetics?

He would have to make physical contact with some kind of input port on the suit. Still even if he didn't need to make physical contact, he'd still need to See and Recognize an input port, as well, there would actually Have to be an input port on the suit in the first place... or at least one unarmoured and unshielded.

If it were armoured or shielded, he would then have to make physical contact with the suit. And before he could do that his head would look like a squished ball of tin foil.

Well I cant persuade anyone but Brainy's shield has been able to block out all forms of assault.  Therefore Vader's attacks should be no exception.  

Brainiac 5 is a 12th level intellect.  Smarter than really anyone but a large margin.  He could actually upload a virus into Vader, regardless of a 'port'.  He could easily access the machines with his tech and alter them like he has to other countless machines.  Without his cybernetic parts functioning properly, Vader wont even be able to think straight.