Hollow vs. X-23
MATCH SCORE
Hollow: 2
X-23: 5

Zeorymer vs. Crimson Typhoon
MATCH SCORE
Zeorymer: 2
Crimson Typhoon: 4

PlayStation 4 Vs. Xbox One. Which one will you be getting?

The Void

14 members have voted

1. 1. Which one will you be purchasing?

• PlayStation 4
    • Xbox One
    • Meh...Consoles are for people on welfare. PC MASTER RACE
    • Neither sticking with old consoles.

sony-unveils-the-playstation-4-1.jpg6C7512049-new-image-consoles.blocks_desk

Okay we all been hearing and seeing this back and forth between the two consoles. But which console will YOU be purchasing. Which console do YOU think feels your gaming needs. Me personally I already put money down on a PS4 pre-order. I already have the WiiU but its my families and I don't really use it...

PS4 strong points for me are:

• Be able to share/stream your games with a click of a button.
  • Can help people progress with their games by just jumping into their game.
  • First party studios.
  • Stronger hardware and easy to program for devs.
  • $100 less.
  • Cheaper online and also PS+.
  • PS4 currently has support from 500+ game developers
  • PSN will not charge for MMO's and other free to play games
  • PSN will not charge for medias like Netflix.
  • No double A batteries or any type of batteries for controller
  • Can play PS4 games on the PSVita
  • Headphones come with console

PS4 weak points for me are:

• Like the Xbox One design better.
  • Controller is too small and analogs are in terrible places.
  • I think Live will have a larger community than PSN.
  • At launch it's looking like Xbox One will have more exclusives at launch. 

Xbox One strong points for me are:

• Comfortable controller for hands. Fits perfectly in hands.
  • Slick console design.
  • Cloud gaming.
  • TwitchTV Integration.
  • Skype Integration.
  • Xbox Friends List increased to 1000.
  • TV
  • Appears it will have more exclusives at launch
  • Full Smartglass integration.

Xbox One weak points for me are:

• Kinect and it will always be on.
  • $100 more than the PS4
  • It seems PS4 will have the stronger hardware and will also be more easy to develop for.
  • PSN will be cheaper than Live
  • Non removable hard drive.

Note: Will add more.

So again which console will you be purchasing? Which console will feel your gaming needs? Be sure to VOTE!

Guest Shoggoth breeder

Which one of these doesn't need an internet connection for everything? That's the one that I'd pick.

Guest Nihlium

Originally I was planning on getting both but decided to get the Xbox-One and then upgrade my laptop (This was before Microsoft "fixed" the Xbox-One). Why? Because the PS4 is simply what the PS3 and PS2 were; suped-up versions of their predecessors; the only reason I even considered buying the PS4 was for the exclusive games like Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy and The Last Of Us.

The Xbox is a better choice to me because it is not just a gaming system anymore, it is more of an hub for everything from gaming to socializing.

Guest Shoggoth breeder

Thanks for the answer. I'm actually too strapped for cash to consider buying either one of these, so I'll just be (finally) buying a PS3 and maybe upgrading my PC.

All I want is a machine that lets me play the handful of video games that still interest me, and I want said machine at a reasonable price.

I'll get a PS4 eventually, once there are enough games I want and once the price has dropped after a couple of years. Until then, the PS3 will suffice.

The only way I'd jump on it any earlier is if a new iteration of Street Fighter comes out soon and is only available on a new system.

Guest sirmethos

I'll stick with my trusty PC.

PC > consoles, any day of the week.  If I had to pick one though, I'd go with the PS4.

The CPU is better, there's no required internet connection, removable harddrive, and it has bluetooth, which the Xbox One doesn't.

Guest Nihlium

The question hardcore gamers should be asking isn't which console they should buy, what they should be asking is which pc they should be buying or if they should build their own. 

I'll blow my earnings from the last year on a PS4. Always preferred their exclusives. I'll take plot and character-driven stuff like Uncharted and Last of Us over Halo any day of the week.

PC is still > all, though. Only reason I still use my PS3 is the exclusives, really. That and fun online play from time to time.

Guest Red_Dragon

PS4 for me. For one, I hate the controllers for the Xbox. I prefer the Playstation design. Not really a PC gamer either. My favorite genre is fighting games, and I just can't play them on the PC. Although I do have strategy games like Civilization on it. Of course, I'm only buying it once the price goes down and some good titles come out for it.

My favorite genre is fighting games, and I just can't play them on the PC.

This is why I'll never buy or build a gaming PC. Fighting games rarely get PC releases, and when they do they're usually inferior products.

Prolly close to 1 k if not slightly more.

Someone people believe you must pay higher than 1k in order to get into PC gaming...Seriously most people do not know a $600 gaming PC is good enough.  But with a 1k budget you can build a beast of a computer. B)

I paid $800 for my build, but I am in need for an upgrade. Might upgrade it later after I get the PS4. 

Guest Nihlium

The way I see it the only thing the PS4 may have over the Xbox are the games which comes down to preference; I doubt there are any console exclusive fighting games that I could give two $hits about but show me a good RPG and I'll throw my money at you. Price wise, I have no problem with either of their price tags since you get less with the PS4 (hence the smaller price tag). At the end of the day it comes down to which one gives you more bang for your buck which in my opinion is the Xbox. If I want an expensive piece of hardware for the sole purpose of gaming I'll buy an Alienware PC (or build one) that I can upgrade on on a monthly basis rather than a PS4 that will take years to get an upgrade.

Guest sirmethos

If I want an expensive piece of hardware for the sole purpose of gaming I'll buy an Alienware PC (or build one) that I can upgrade on on a monthly basis rather than a PS4 that will take years to get an upgrade.

Yea, 'cos throwing money into a product that you could get for half the price(if that) if you talk to someone who knows what they're doing, is absolutely the way to go when you want a good gaming computer.

Someone people believe you must pay higher than 1k in order to get into PC gaming...Seriously most people do not know a $600 gaming PC is good enough.  But with a 1k budget you can build a beast of a computer. B)

I paid $800 for my build, but I am in need for an upgrade. Might upgrade it later after I get the PS4. 

Nah I don't want the minimal to kick ass. I want the Beast option. B^D

Plus it'll be used for college so the extra performance would be wunderbar.

Nah I don't want the minimal to kick ass. I want the Beast option. B^D

Plus it'll be used for college so the extra performance would be wunderbar.

Good taste man. I already have a laptop for college though.

My friend is trying to save up for the Nvidia GeForce GTX Titan 6. :D

Would you really pay 1k for a graphics card? 

Guest Nihlium

I have major trust issues when it comes to handing my money over to people (especially when it's in the range of thousands). I have seen people with custom PC's breakdown too many times resulting in them having to money on parts too many times (me being one of them.). If I can find someone with more than adequate skills I'll be more than happy to have them build a PC for me; until then I'll stick to Alienware. 

Good taste man. I already have a laptop for college though.

My friend is trying to save up for the Nvidia GeForce GTX Titan 6. :D

Would you really pay 1k for a graphics card? 

I have a pretty decent laptop so it'll be for when I need a comp outside my snazzy flat at College.

Uh not really. I'd be happy with a superb graphics card and a kick ass monitor. I'm willing to go up to 2k but even I think that's obscene, heh.