Nathan Drake: 0
The Xenomorph Queen: 5

Rumble 20588 Waldstein vs. Metera vs. Mutagen Man
MATCH SCORE
Waldstein: 0
Metera: 1
Mutagen Man: 2

2:4 - Voldemort vs. Mattias Nilsson

I don't see the airstrikes being any different from summons in the sake of all fairness.  That being said, Mattias has such a wide range of airstrikes, any of them could take Voldemort out.  From Nuclear Bunker Busters, to Fuel Air Bombs to Carpet Bombing runs.

I don't see the airstrikes being any different from summons in the sake of all fairness.  That being said, Mattias has such a wide range of airstrikes, any of them could take Voldemort out.  From Nuclear Bunker Busters, to Fuel Air Bombs to Carpet Bombing runs.

Outside help is allowed? Well then, let's see how Matt handles the full force of the death eaters+whatever the hell else Voldemort had with him at the battle of Hogwarts.

Outside help is allowed? Well then, let's see how Matt handles the full force of the death eaters+whatever the hell else Voldemort had with him at the battle of Hogwarts.

Going by the army he had at Hogwarts, he would have access to:

• More than a hundred Death Eaters and Snatchers
  • Dozens of Imperiused wizards
  • Dozens of Ministry officials
  • Some Slytherin students
  • 1 snake
  • Several Werewolves
  • 100+ Dementors
  • A Group of giants
  • 100+ Acromantula

Also, no, there should be no outside interferance. I don't think Summoning would be allowed either. Special case would be for Pokemon Masters who actually carry around Pokemon with them...

Yeah... it's living fire. I doubt even a full barrage of hellfire rockets would kill it.

Guest sithisson

I'd not consider an airstrike similar to a summons by any measure. About the only similarity holds is that both are assistance from others on the outside of battle; which in this case should not happen as it's been suggested already that it is only Mattias against Voldemort. Baring that a summons is done by a person compelling the will of a creature/s or person/s to come forth from another plane of existence in order to fulfill an order given by the summoner and then sent back until such time it's needed again or defeated. An airstrike is a communication given to a person of free will who doesn't necessary have to come to the one calling's aid, note that in 2 you're one pilot tends to take off if the area is too hot for any sort of extraction meaning they have some determination if they want to do the job or not. 

Even if it was some robotic or computerized assistance controlling the bombing run or air strike that still requires an intelligence behind it helping Nelson. In terms of the airstrike you're calling someone who may or may not want to deal with the likes of Voldemort. Let's say you are the one calling in an airstrike and I'm the pilot. If you've irked me lately, or more important to that series not paid me any of the cut, what's the likely reaction going to be when the communication comes over the radio for aid? 

If both ended up getting aid Voldy has a better chance that his aid will do his bidding, whether out of fear, similar philosophical outlook or in the case of some of the creatures a possible controlling compulsion. Nelson only hopes that he's paid enough to be asking a pilot to come crossing into another dimension of strange geographical proportions and hope their first run does anything at all,

As long as you have the resources in Mercenaries games, you can call in the airstrikes.  People mentioned what amounted to summons so if they are factored in so should airstrikes. This is WHY I put Mattias were I did. I was under the assumption this would be factored in. 

If Mattias can use his airstrikes then he can easily kill Voldemort. One well placed powerful airstrike quickly kills him.  Fuel air bombs, carpet bombing and nuclear bunker busters, MOABs are all used by Mattias just to name some of the airstrike he has.  Like I stated earlier this kind of fire power is why I made Mattias my anchor.

Guest sithisson

Actually people were suggesting what Riddle could summon if Nelson was being allowed the airstrikes they were not factored in until the airstrikes were brought up.

The airstrikes are resources that are used by people that are being called in by Mattias which is outside interference. Again as far as it seems to have been established it's only Voldy vs Mattias so no there should really not be help coming from the outside and I'm not sure how that would be considered the anchor then. If that's the established case then we'd be having this...

Puck would be calling all sorts of creatures he could.

The Flash would have acessed the Watchtower and the JLA.

Mumma-Ra would be getting the Mutates and whomever else he's allied with in the past to help him out. Hint :there's a few you don't want to be coming into a single on single battle as backup.

Here's the ideal behind the team anchor:

SLOT Five: The team's anchor

general high powered character - could not destroy a city quickly. Could possibly destroy a city block quickly.

Nothing that suggested high powered character plus one. If the resources was something he could call in that were automated I'd say that would fall more better into that idea. However the airstrikes are Nelson calling in to Misha, Misha coming and doing the strike with whatever you, as Nelson, called in or targeted. It's not him doing it on his own or summoning them like some creature; it's a direct two way communication with cause and effect. 

Also summons once more would be more indirectly controlled monsters or people coming to the aid of the summoner not of their free will. Misha might be suicidal but still it would be his choice to perform the strike not Nelson forcing him to do so. Game mechanics wise yes they seem to be like summons in RPG games; however there is that underlying quality of difference between them and that is the will behind the force called.

Guest badpierce

As long as you have the resources in Mercenaries games, you can call in the airstrikes.  People mentioned what amounted to summons so if they are factored in so should airstrikes. This is WHY I put Mattias were I did. I was under the assumption this would be factored in. 

If Mattias can use his airstrikes then he can easily kill Voldemort. One well placed powerful airstrike quickly kills him.  Fuel air bombs, carpet bombing and nuclear bunker busters, MOABs are all used by Mattias just to name some of the airstrike he has.  Like I stated earlier this kind of fire power is why I made Mattias my anchor.

well fox said you can't have them so you can't have them. Live and learn. Just bench him this season and you will know better next season. On a side note, the pilot much have a hard time finding this place anyway.

Actually people were suggesting what Riddle could summon if Nelson was being allowed the airstrikes they were not factored in until the airstrikes were brought up.

The airstrikes are resources that are used by people that are being called in by Mattias which is outside interference. Again as far as it seems to have been established it's only Voldy vs Mattias so no there should really not be help coming from the outside and I'm not sure how that would be considered the anchor then. If that's the established case then we'd be having this...

Puck would be calling all sorts of creatures he could.

The Flash would have acessed the Watchtower and the JLA.

Mumma-Ra would be getting the Mutates and whomever else he's allied with in the past to help him out. Hint :there's a few you don't want to be coming into a single on single battle as backup.

Here's the ideal behind the team anchor:

Nothing that suggested high powered character plus one. If the resources was something he could call in that were automated I'd say that would fall more better into that idea. However the airstrikes are Nelson calling in to Misha, Misha coming and doing the strike with whatever you, as Nelson, called in or targeted. It's not him doing it on his own or summoning them like some creature; it's a direct two way communication with cause and effect. 

Also summons once more would be more indirectly controlled monsters or people coming to the aid of the summoner not of their free will. Misha might be suicidal but still it would be his choice to perform the strike not Nelson forcing him to do so. Game mechanics wise yes they seem to be like summons in RPG games; however there is that underlying quality of difference between them and that is the will behind the force called.

People mentioned summons of some kind against Mattia's chopper. I talked with people in chat here at one point and was advised to put Mattias as the anchor BECAUSE of his abilities.

Also in the first Mercenaries game the player merc, buys the airstrike or is given them by a faction. The ones that are bought are paid for and once they are can be used at anytime.  Assuming he bought the airstrikes this way in advance, Mattias could have a lot of them ready to go. All he would have to do is hide somewhere, call them in over a wide area and hopefully Voldemort will be caught in the blast areas.  Carpet bombing runs and fuel air bombs can both cover a wide area and calling multiple strikes of these over several areas would cause a lot of damage.

Guest badpierce

Voldemort has his own Network too if we were going that route (e.g. the death eaters and related allies).  Just mentioning. 

But yeah we generally look at characters as they exist on their own for Season purposes.

Maybe you missed it but Fox has spoken. So say we all.

If this is Mattias is at his most powerful, doest that mean he is in a Tank or helicopter?

Maybe you missed it but Fox has spoken. So say we all.

If this is Mattias is at his most powerful, doest that mean he is in a Tank or helicopter?

That would likely put him in an AH-64 which would be very powerful in its own right.  You could also put a G36 and Fuel Air RPG in his hands if he is on foot along with grenades or C4.

Guest sithisson

Fiendfyre I'd put more as a sentient flame that's brought out by a curse more then a summons Vice. Opinions might vary on what it should be classified as but its a curse in the series that just happens to bring about flames that auto-target what they are sent after. So if we give Nelson a vehicle then yeah Fiendfyre would be the weapon to use against it.

I's not that I don't like Nelson mind you and kudos for running a mostly under-powered, in comparison to a lot of the teams, group in this season. (well save for Doctor Doomsday I'd say) .Yet it should be a given that being skilled individuals alone with weaponry  they are bound to be hard pressed in some of these battles when you factor in all the sorts of powers you see being flung around.

I do think it's a little strange that Vice specifically asked about his character being able to call in airstrikes and now he's being told that he can't do that, but live and learn I suppose. Vice, I would definitely follow BadPierce's advice and bench Mattias.

However,

It makes little to no difference in this fight because you can't really call in an airstrike over R'lyeh to begin with right? I doubt the pilot would even be able to find it and even if he did he's more likely to go crazy than drop the bomb where it needs to go