Michelangelo (Mirage): 7
Ken Masters: 4

Guardian (Marvel Comics) vs. Captain Britain
MATCH SCORE
Guardian (Marvel Comics): 0
Captain Britain: 4

2:3 - Lobo vs. Namor the Submariner

Guest badpierce

the thing was never leagues beneath namor he was always right there with him in strength  the main advantage namor had was his speed and flight.

I'm not sure why it matters, lobo would crush the Thing anyway.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the thing and namor are equals in strength and did someone say the thing wasn't a class 100 lol the guy has toppled buildings and traded punches with thor hyperion and gladiator all are comparable to superman so yes he would fair nicely against  someone who can fight superman

Guest Dinsdale Piranha

Right, he incapacitated him.  The whole fight was pretty even, but Ben ended up defeating him.

@Thanos-If Ben who isn't even a 100 ton in strength could over power Namor under water, then what will happen when he fights someone who can match Superman in strength?

EDIT: Also, just because you think something is "jobbing or PIS" does not take the validity of what happened.  If you were a writer for Marvel, then I'd say you have the authority to make such claim, but you are not.  Most people call things "PIS" when it works against their argument, but at the same time will use feats that other fans deem "PIS" to help their argument.

Ben is not as strong as Superman, but (despite Marvel Handbook) has done lots of things that put him far above the 100 ton mark. 

Guest bigballerju

Have people read the last 6th issue of AvX? It's obvious from that issue the fights in that miniseries shouldn't be taken serious. Alot of the fights were done for fun and the hell of it. I don't think much thought was really put. I feel like that 6th issue confirms that. I don't know why people keeping using it. I wouldn't use that series in a debate. 

I'm not sure why it matters, lobo would crush the Thing anyway.

not really other then lobo's city eating feat  the thing can match lobo fights superman the thing fights Hyperion thor and gladiator who are all comparable to superman hell lobo once killed himself with a gun which means the thing or namor are much more durable. the only thing that gives lobo an edge is his healing and clone making abilities but since the new 52's we don't know if lobo can do that.   

the thing and namor are equals in strength and did someone say the thing wasn't a class 100 lol the guy has toppled buildings and traded punches with thor hyperion and gladiator all are comparable to superman so yes he would fair nicely against  someone who can fight superman

No, they're not equals in strength. Especially when Namor's underwater. -.-

Since I am not able to see a setup (my bad, perhaps?) .... I will post this first bros.: (In case the setup comprised an actual drag out fight) Tough fight, but Lobo wins. Lobo's power levels may be 'varied' with the writing chores, but it is a given, and stated in standard DC stats that he is at Superman's level, in strength, endurance and somewhat in speed. He is unpredictable, a cheat, and the ability most folks just failed to mention is his instant healing ability, on record as faster and more durable than Wolverine's. He ca regenerate instantly from a single drop of his own blood. While I call it PIS, I go with it. That means that Lobo will withstand mostly what Namor, who is in no way, equal to Superman in strength, throws at him.

If there is indeed a Setup that didn't somehow creep up on my screen, then I will reserve my thoughts till I hear from someone otherwise.

Guest bigballerju

When Superman is not in the mood he has kicked Lobo's ass. Honestly Namor at his most powerful is probably right next to Lobo. So their very close in strength. Namor has the speed and flight advantage. Also Namor could easily smack Lobo off planet and then destroy his bike to teach him a lesson before it even reaches Lobo. Lobo would be stranded in space. That's if Namor doesn't from the start take Lobo's bike and smash it to pieces just to piss him off for fun.

If there is indeed a Setup that didn't somehow creep up on my screen, then I will reserve my thoughts till I hear from someone otherwise.

It is just the graphic of the Terrain used in the opening post.  That's all the set-up the Fantasy Teams battles use.

When Superman is not in the mood he has kicked Lobo's ass. Honestly Namor at his most powerful is probably right next to Lobo. So their very close in strength. Namor has the speed and flight advantage. Also Namor could easily smack Lobo off planet and then destroy his bike to teach him a lesson before it even reaches Lobo. Lobo would be stranded in space. That's if Namor doesn't from the start take Lobo's bike and smash it to pieces just to piss him off for fun.

The 'mood' factor goes both ways. Over the years, I have read upteen times, that Lobo didn't smack someone because he was not serious. Other times, when he was pissed, or simply meant business, he beheaded an opponent like Devillance at whim, literally within seconds. The primary thing here in favour of Namor are his published stated feats, and none of which have showed he can take licks from someone like Superman and stand his ground. Even under water, he had his hands full with with opponents barely matching him in strength in A vs X, one of the more recent outings. Lobo's feats though muddled, are substantiated more by his stated abilities and scribe discussions and comments. That is just the way it is. One thing for sure in this: Namor has not faced off or withstood directly an opponent as strong, fast or durable as Superman; Lobo has, or is stated on record to be able to do so. In that context, I can not see this as a cakewalk for Namor the way it is being said bro; that Namor will simply space toss him. I think with Lobo, it is going to be much much difficult for our pointy eared Atlantean, perhaps even the most difficult he has had it.