X-23: 5

Zeorymer vs. Crimson Typhoon
MATCH SCORE
Zeorymer: 2
Crimson Typhoon: 4

Super Smash Bros Thread

Guest Shockwave

Guest Shockwave

The problem with that is now he's had two games installed with that.  It'd be realistically jarring for that to suddenly change to projectile weapons or something like that. 

Idk, LET HIM USE THAT SWORD HE KEEPS UP HIS ASS!

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Kate Awesome Is Awesome

The problem with that is now he's had two games installed with that.  It'd be realistically jarring for that to suddenly change to projectile weapons or something like that. 

Idk, LET HIM USE THAT SWORD HE KEEPS UP HIS ASS!

It'd be about as jarring as Jill switching from Hybrid Keep Away/Ground combo character (MVC2) to execution heavy insane-o  fast combo character (MVC3)

Actually probably LESS jarring, he can still be a heavy power character, I just want him to have different moves!

Guest Darxeth

I don't think anyone would really care. I mean seriously, I've been to a good bit of Tournaments and not a single person used Ganondorf. The only person I know that tries to main him is my brother, who insists that he use his sword for something other than whatever the hell he does with it. (Perhaps it's a rare practice for Hylian buttsecks?)

Guest Darxeth

Oh and I also finally got my PVR: Gaming Edition.

I may put some Brawl videos online for you guys to enjoy.

Guest potterpuppetpals

Bowser has been changed quite a bit, and reaction to that is positive. Bowser's now some kind of speedy wrestler.

Guest Shockwave

You mean the double drop kick?  I'm not sure that's the same thing.  Though I haven't had a chance to test-play it so I could be wrong.

Guest potterpuppetpals

Sakurai never wanted Smash bros to be a hardcore fighting game to begin with. I find it quite funny when there are two guys seriously discussing silly things in Smash bros like tripping. I never really cared about tripping, but to them it completely ruins the game. :angry:

Sakurai never wanted Smash bros to be a hardcore fighting game to begin with. I find it quite funny when there are two guys seriously discussing silly things in Smash bros like tripping. I never really cared about tripping, but to them it completely ruins the game. :angry:

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2013/06/sakurai_new_super_smash_bros_to_strike_a_balance_between_hardcore_and_casual

What I think Sakurai is saying is that he wants to make sure that each game has a new direction. He made Melee for the hardcore gamers and Brawl for the casual folks. It looks like he's using this as his master plan to bridge the two together. Even then, Brawl does have a competitive scene in general.

Still, I can't see how anyone could think tripping was a good idea. Even the people I played with that did it for fun hated it.

Guest Darxeth

I didn't mind the tripping. If you're good enough at the game, you can capitalize on your opponents trips and not trip yourself.

It gives the great players an advantage over the good ones and forces players to be more precise and careful while moving so they don't just mindlessly dash all over the stage.

Guest potterpuppetpals

In the videos, I saw Battlefield with a background that looks like some abandoned floating city structure, and one with weird mountain ranges. And I think I saw one with no small platforms at all. Could it be a training stage or a new Final Destination? 

Guest potterpuppetpals

And just when I thought he couldn't get creepier:

daily.jpg

What's creepy about that?

Anywho, has anyone heard the news that most previous Smash characters will be left out except Mewtwo? That means a whole new roster!

Guest Shockwave

What's creepy about that?

Anywho, has anyone heard the news that most previous Smash characters will be left out except Mewtwo? That means a whole new roster!

HE'S GLOWING PINK!  WHY IS HE GLOWING PINK!?

And where did you hear this news?  Cause if that were true do you know who wouldn't be in it? PIT.

Guest Kate Awesome Is Awesome

And where did you hear this news?  Cause if that were true do you know who wouldn't be in it? PIT.

Pitt's like confirmed in, he was in the reveal trailer and is now based off his appearance and attacks from Kid Icarus Uprising.

Sakurai has said that the roster MAYBE smaller due to the limitations of the 3DS (which is silly, if there's no cross play why keep the rosters the same between platforms?) The way he's said it in interviews it's not something he wants to do but he also doesn't seem to want to make any promises either.

Guest potterpuppetpals

Who's glowing pink? All you've posted is a picture of Mega Man and Mario fighting in Toon Link's train. :wacko:

Guest Incredible Hulk

Here's what Sakurai said

“I can answer that: no. We don’t have the time to fully recreate every single character who’s been in Smash Bros at this point. Adding new characters is not a simple addition – it’s really multiplication. The amount of work, adding a character is multiplied and becomes bigger and bigger as you go. We can’t because of the amount of work it takes. However, I do believe I understand that each character has its own set of fans out there who really like that character.â€

“So we’re not going to cut characters out of the way, we’re going to put in as many characters as we can, we really want to do that, because it’s good for the fans and good for all of us. But in the event that we do have to cut some characters, I’d like to apologise in advance to those fans.â€

source: http://gamerant.com/not-all-characters-returning-super-smash-bros-wii-u-3ds/

Guest Shockwave

Who's glowing pink? All you've posted is a picture of Mega Man and Mario fighting in Toon Link's train. :wacko:

That wasn't what I copied.  Hold on:

villager6.jpg

I don't think it will mean that the roster will be smaller. There's requests from all over the place, including people that were cut in Melee. It probably means that not everyone people wanted will be back. It also probably means Toon Link's gone which I'm fine with...as long as they make regular Link good again...

Guest potterpuppetpals

Just because Toon Link appears as a stage interaction doesn't mean he's out. I mean, the Toon Link on the stage is Spirit Tracks Link, not Wind Waker Link.