Koba: 5

Michelangelo (Mirage) vs. Guile
MATCH SCORE
Michelangelo (Mirage): 7
Guile: 3

Super Smash Bros Thread

Guest Shockwave

Guest Shockwave

Just to try and contain all Super Smash Bros news so the Video Game thread doesn't get clogged up by it.

Returning characters:

Mario:  Appears to basically be the same as in Brawl with differnt Colors.

Link: Same as Mario

Kirby: Same

Pikachu: Same

Bowser: Same

DK: Same

Samus: Same, but costume is based off of Other M.

Pit:  Side attack no longer spinning reflector, now a Falcon Uppercut and has twin shields for reflector special

Fox: Appears to be the same as previous incarnations.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Shockwave

New Characters:

Wii Fit Trainer:  A surprise to say the least.  Appears to hold her own at least.

Villager Animal Crossing:  A potentially strong character can catch ENERGY BLASTS and use them later

Megaman:  It's freakin Megaman he got his own badass entrance video much like Sonic.

Guest Kate Awesome Is Awesome

Unbelievable pumped for this game

I REALLY hope Snake and Sonic are still part of the roster. I would understand if they weren't but it'd be nice if the third party roster grows along with the franchise.

Guest Shockwave

Unsure returns:

Sonic:  this could go either way now that Nintendo bought Sega.

Snake: Not sure of.

Ike: Didn't seem so much like but that's just me.

Lucario: Mewtwo syndrome.

Toon Link (though there is a train he kinda appears in)

R.O.B.: again, not a lot of like for this.

Olimar:  OP I think.

Metaknight:  Banned from tourny play

Wolf: just a clone

Lucas: see wolf

King Dedede: unsure of.

each will update with new news.

Guest Incredible Hulk

Are these all the characters they will have? Or are there going to be more on the way? I honestly like as much variety as possible in Super Smash Brothers games...

I'm sure there will be more on the way or a lot of people will be ticked.

Guest Shockwave

Pretty sure we'll see daily updates.  Last time I practically called Sonic's reveal at E3 because of one segway about 3 months before it's release.

Guest Incredible Hulk

Almost makes me want a WiiU.

Of course, I have been itching for a 3DS...

I wonder if there will be any small differences between the games since the WiiU can is a console and not a handheld. I really hope not though.

Unsure returns:

Sonic:  this could go either way now that Nintendo bought Sega.

Nintendo didn't buy Sega however they do have a Sonic exclusive partnership which does lend credence to Sonic probably showing up.

Guest Shockwave

Nintendo didn't buy Sega however they do have a Sonic exclusive partnership which does lend credence to Sonic probably showing up.

ok misheard that then.  I thought HardNews said Nintendo bought Sega but I could be wrong.

Guest Shockwave

I actually kind of liked R.O.B. but I get that he wasn't the most popular of characters. Surely Zelda and Ganondorf will come back?

I've saved my opinions on them because of their two year tenure.  I also didn't say anything about Marth, Peach, Falco, Yoshi or a lot of characters.  Just the Newcomers of Brawl. 

Guest potterpuppetpals

Sorry about the other Smash thread. I haven't done much here in a while, so I might have to catch up with some stuff.

Anyway, I really like the more humorous and cartoony approach the game is taking. I wasn't too fond of the serious, slightly more realistic tone of Brawl. All the characters at least have personality this time around. Link and Mario were so boring in Brawl. Now they're both playing Wii Fit.

Guest bigballerju

Sonic will be in. They just did a Sonic and Mega Man crossover in the comics just recently that may be going still. The two actually fought. I could see them wanting both characters in the game.

I'm about a 85% feeling Sonic will be in, with the only reason why he wouldn't be in would be if Sakurai himself felt there's too many third party characters.

Snake I'm a little more concerned about. When Snake was announced waayyy back when he just had an outing on a nintendo system (twin snakes on GC.) He hasn't really shown up on Nintendo hardware except for the Snake Eater 3DS port. Plus there isn't that "omg" factor this time with Snake. Still like I said for continuity, awesomness and the fact that he was my main I really hope he's in the new game.

If we DON'T see a Namco character I'd be shocked. The problem is WHICH Namco character. The whole "gotta be on a nintendo system" stipulation makes a lot of modern choices unavailable (sorry Klonoa and Robbit!) Tekken characters would be boring but Soul Calibur characters (limited to Soul Calibur 2) would be interesting.  Pac Man is probably the obvious choice but seeing what was done with him in SFxT i'd rather hope they don't use him.

My personal pick would be Dig Dug or Mr. Driller

Guest Shockwave

I'm about a 85% feeling Sonic will be in, with the only reason why he wouldn't be in would be if Sakurai himself felt there's too many third party characters.

Snake I'm a little more concerned about. When Snake was announced waayyy back when he just had an outing on a nintendo system (twin snakes on GC.) He hasn't really shown up on Nintendo hardware except for the Snake Eater 3DS port. Plus there isn't that "omg" factor this time with Snake. Still like I said for continuity, awesomness and the fact that he was my main I really hope he's in the new game.

If we DON'T see a Namco character I'd be shocked. The problem is WHICH Namco character. The whole "gotta be on a nintendo system" stipulation makes a lot of modern choices unavailable (sorry Klonoa and Robbit!) Tekken characters would be boring but Soul Calibur characters (limited to Soul Calibur 2) would be interesting.  Pac Man is probably the obvious choice but seeing what was done with him in SFxT i'd rather hope they don't use him.

My personal pick would be Dig Dug or Mr. Driller

Someone has never seen Soul Caliber Legends for the Wii

Someone has never seen Soul Caliber Legends for the Wii

someone chooses to ignore the fact that it exists

(also I'm pretty sure the cast of Soul Calibur legends doesn't contain any new characters from SC3 onward)

Guest Darxeth

Eh. Olimar should return. He wasn't even that high on the tier.

The most OPd characters are:

-MetaKnight

-Diddy

-Snake

-Wario

-Marth

-Falco

Wolf should stay, he's less like Starfox than Falco.

Also, the Villager looks cheap by the looks of it. I have a feeling I'm going to dislike him. (Though his entrance was hilarious)

Megaman is chill.

I could see Ridley making an appearance over Pacman in the future.

I loved the darker tone of brawl, but I'm sure this game will be even better.

Just hope the mechanics aren't too different from Brawl; I don't want to have to remaster Link all over again.

Guest Shockwave

I'm going to have so much fun with Megaman.

And apparently, the blob robot master is either a boss or an assist trophy based off of Megaman's trailer.