MATCH SCORE
Zeorymer: 2
Crimson Typhoon: 4

Super Smash Bros Thread

Guest Shockwave

Guest Darxeth

I'm also excited for Megaman.

Okay so I need opinions:

-Do you guys think that character creation should be allowed in SSB? and if so, how would you limit it? (Because really, if you were to create your own move set, you could make a totally broken character)

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Darxeth

Oh and if Simon Belmont was in it I would lose my shit.

I might even switch Link as my main for him, and that's saying something, since I've been playing Link for 10 years, competitively for 3.

Guest potterpuppetpals

Given that Snake's creator apparently begged Sakurai to include Snake way back in Melee's development, I doubt he'll be leaving. Sonic is also very likely.

As for other third party characters, I don't think Nintendo's going to go with any conventional characters. Dig Dug would be awesome for a Namco character.

I know Sakurai has stated that he would only include video game characters, can't he just slip in a couple of non-video game characters. Admit it, if that happened, you'd probably be shocked out of your skin.

As for character creation, Miis would be a better idea.

Guest Darxeth

It'd be kinda cool to to see a WaveRace character (like Ryota Hayami or Ricky Winterborn) in a SSb game.

Guest Kate Awesome Is Awesome

I'm against custom characters but willing to accept "Mii" (and whatever Miis on your Wii U) as a selectable character.

I'm only against it because of the cluster*vulgarity* that is Soul Calibur when you play online. In Soul Calibur I'm fine with (and actually enjoy it) it but in something like Smash Bros. having a bunch of characters with rainbow wigs or cat mascot costumes would be.... disorienting.

Guest Darxeth

Yeah. I'm adamantly against it as well.

And yeah. I hope they didn't replace Sonic with Megaman :/

And if so, maybe they replaced Olimar with The Villager and Snake with the wii Fitness female. All of which would be very disappointing.

Guest Shockwave

We'll see, but I think Sonic's gonna stay....maybe. 

It's only been a few days since E3 so nothing breaking.  Just new screencaps of Wii Fit Trainer.

They're going to milk this hype like they did with Brawl, so I wouldn't expect any new news right now, I mean they DID reveal 3 characters new to the franchise already.

Guest Shockwave

True.  Why waste the best reveals...but Megaman is freaking epic....COME ON GIVE US BASS AND OR ZERO TOO!

Guest Darxeth

Or Megaman vs. Samus. It'd be cool if the alternatrle costumes would be more detailed than just a color change.

Perhaps Zora Armor for Link when he's blue or Fierce Diety Link as an alternate color/outfit.

I was hoping they'd make Megaman look more proportionate and older (Similar to how Megaman X is)

Since the 3DS version looks cellshaded, I think it'd be cool for Link to be Toon Link on there.

Guest potterpuppetpals

The Link in SSB4 is Skyward Sword version with a few of Twilight Sword's weapons I think. Even though Nintendo has released an official timeline, they still can't get it right. I think we should compile a top 20 list of the characters who should be in there.

My picks would be... hmm...hmmmmmm... Damn it!

Guest Darxeth

My top 5 list:

1. Ridley (Metroid Series)

2. Simon Belmont (Castlevania series)

3. Mew. Just Mew. (Pokemon series)

4. Boo (Super Mario series)

5. Eggman/Dr. Robotnik (Sonic series) [i personally think he'd be a good fit, even though I wouldn't play him much]

Honorable mentions:

-Shadow the hedgehog (he'd be too much like Sonic)

-Fierce Diety Link (though they could just make this an alternate appearance for Link)

I think I can come up with 15, sticking to Nintendo first party...

1.) Ridley - Metroid Series

2.) Bayonetta - Bayonetta 2

3.) Little Mac - Punch Out series

4.) Andy - Advanced Wars

5.) Shulk - Xenoblade Chronicles

6.) Geno - Super Mario RPG

7.) Girahim - Skyward Sword

8.) Midna and Wolf Link - Twilight Princess

9.) Saki - Sin and Punishment

10.) Skull Kid - Majora's Mask

11.) Isaac - Golden Sun

12.) Professor Layton - Professor Layton Series

13.) Crom - Fire Emblem Awakening

14.) King K. Rool - Donkey Kong Country Series

15.) Trainer X & Y - Pokemone  X & Y (Female version with starters Chespin, Fennekin and Froakie or evolved versions of them)

Bonus third party section

1.) Crono - Chrono Trigger

2.) Simon Belmont - Castlevania Series

3.) Siegfried - Soul Calibur Series

4.) Bomberman - Bomberman Series

5.) Dig Dug - Dig Dug Series

Guest Shockwave

Or Megaman vs. Samus. It'd be cool if the alternatrle costumes would be more detailed than just a color change.

Perhaps Zora Armor for Link when he's blue or Fierce Diety Link as an alternate color/outfit.

I was hoping they'd make Megaman look more proportionate and older (Similar to how Megaman X is)

Since the 3DS version looks cellshaded, I think it'd be cool for Link to be Toon Link on there.

I think they stuck with original Megaman because that's what the fans wanted.  X would be a lot more fitting for Brawl.  

Guest Darxeth

I concur. Original Megaman is more fit for this Super Smash brothers.

Who do you all hope to see improve move-wise?

Guest Shockwave

Pit's Up Special and Side Special are different.  Up no longer appears to flap the wings and has pinpoint control.  It appears more to be like Fox's.  Side as stated before is more Falcon Uppercut.  Down is now full reflector.  Otherwise I don't see much difference so far.

Guest Shockwave

Anywho, my own top 

1. Sora (Kingdom Hearts Chain of Memories loophole)
  2. Krystal (Starfox needs another girl again)
  3. Chrono (Chrono Trigger)
  4. Little Mac
  5. Phoenix Wright (Most epic final smash ever)
  6. Dark Magician (I know third Party but come on, you would see some kick ass moves from him)
  7. Cave Story Robot (don't know his name)

Guest Darxeth

I'd like to see Ganondorf have some cool moves instead of using the cloned moveset he has now.

Seriously, he was such a bad character in Brawl, they need to help improve his moveset so he doesn't appear to be a strung-out Captain Falcon.

Guest potterpuppetpals

I'd like to see Ganondorf have some cool moves instead of using the cloned moveset he has now.

Seriously, he was such a bad character in Brawl, they need to help improve his moveset so he doesn't appear to be a strung-out Captain Falcon.

Yeah, Ganondorf's run animation was just hilariously bad.

Anywho, my own top 

1. Sora (Kingdom Hearts Chain of Memories loophole)
  2. Krystal (Starfox needs another girl again)
  3. Chrono (Chrono Trigger)
  4. Little Mac
  5. Phoenix Wright (Most epic final smash ever)
  6. Dark Magician (I know third Party but come on, you would see some kick ass moves from him)
  7. Cave Story Robot (don't know his name)

Cave Story robot is called Quote.

This, this so hard....