Tournament - MST3K vs. Athena (Tomorrowland)
MATCH SCORE
MST3K: 4
Athena (Tomorrowland): 0

Rumble 20540 Oroku Hiroto vs. Samael vs. Kim Minsu
MATCH SCORE
Oroku Hiroto: 0
Samael: 1
Kim Minsu: 3

Rumble 20539 Whitespikes vs. The Xenomorphs
MATCH SCORE
Whitespikes: 0
The Xenomorphs: 3

Cameron Poe vs. Castor Troy
MATCH SCORE
Cameron Poe: 3
Castor Troy: 0

Raphael (Mirage) vs. Ken Masters
MATCH SCORE
Raphael (Mirage): 4
Ken Masters: 6

1:1 - Elektra vs. Roland the Gunslinger

Guest Incredible Hulk

I might as well get the ball rolling on this match.

From what I've learned, Rolland doesn't seem like anything Eleketra can't handle. He seems like just an above average marskan compared to some of the other well known marksmen in fiction.

Guest Jason Redfield

I might as well get the ball rolling on this match.

From what I've learned, Rolland doesn't seem like anything Eleketra can't handle. He seems like just an above average marskan compared to some of the other well known marksmen in fiction.

I don't know. I read the first novel in the Dark Tower series and one particular fight put him somewhere close to superhuman. I think he can certainly give Elektra a good fight and have a decent chance at winning the process. But it's by no means guaranteed.

I don't know. I read the first novel in the Dark Tower series and one particular fight put him somewhere close to superhuman. I think he can certainly give Elektra a good fight and have a decent chance at winning the process. But it's by no means guaranteed.

Well from the wiki he's supposedly descended from 30 continuous generations of gunslingers, as well as King Arthur... and his guns are apparently crafted from the same metal as Excalibur...

Genetically speaking, he'd probably have ALOT going for him in the way of Gunslinging. It's just Darwinism in action, as only good gunslingers would gunsling their way long enough to get a chance to breed. Survival of the fittest would pick off all the weakest gunslingers, leaving only prime Gunslinger genetic material to be passed on. Do this for 30 consecutive generations and you would have someone who would presumably be far beyond Peak Human in regards to all the required attributes of a Gunslinger.

Somewhere on about the third or fourth book in the Dark Tower series - I forget exactly, it is a long series and it's been awhile.

Anyways there is kind of an epic battle where Roland and some friends take on an army of Dr. Doom clones. That as in Dr. Doom from Marvel comics. Leave it to Stephen King to come up with that.

King also does a crossover of sorts with his novel Salem's Lot and has Roland and crew dealing with vampires.

Anyways, he seems pretty durable and cagy.

Mh, like FoxFingers it's been a long time since I read Roland's series but I'm of the opinion that if Elektra somehow manages to close the distance between her and Roland, Roland's going down.

Guest Incredible Hulk

I'm of the opinion that if Elektra somehow manages to close the distance between her and Roland, Roland's going down.

Yah it will pretty much come down to whether or not Rolland is a good enough Marksman to hit Elektra before she closes the gap. For those who have read the series, does Rolland have any good shooting feats worth mentioning to help his case?

Yah it will pretty much come down to whether or not Rolland is a good enough Marksman to hit Elektra before she closes the gap. For those who have read the series, does Rolland have any good shooting feats worth mentioning to help his case?

Most of the things I remember about the series have nothing to do at all with Roland's marksmanship.  It is a reaaallllly long read and the parts that stuck with me over time were mostly the more chilling horror scenes which King does so well.

However, It is just supposed to be a given that he's a dead shot.  And if I were to turn it around and ask if Electra would have made it to the Dark Tower or not, I'm not sure that she would have.  Your mileage may vary.

Guest Incredible Hulk

Most of the things I remember about the series have nothing to do at all with Roland's marksmanship.  It is a reaaallllly long read and the parts that stuck with me over time were mostly the more chilling horror scenes which King does so well.

However, It is just supposed to be a given that he's a dead shot.  And if I were to turn it around and ask if Electra would have made it to the Dark Tower or not, I'm not sure that she would have.  Your mileage may vary.

I'm wasn't trying to say he isn't a dead shot, I was just trying learn more about him ,since I never read the series, so I could I figure out which one would win.

I'm wasn't trying to say he isn't a dead shot, I was just trying learn more about him ,since I never read the series, so I could I figure out which one would win.

Of course, I didn't suggest you were.  Probably read his wiki page, that might help. 

Guest Dinsdale Piranha

I haven't read the whole series, but there's a fight in THE GUNSLINGER that says a lot about Roland's abilities. He effectively has to take on a whole town. They are ordinary, unarmed people but there are a lot of them, like several hundred. Roland kills them all. The detail I remember is that he has been trained to reload his guns (old style revolvers) with amazing speed.

I haven't read Wolves of the Calla so I can't comment on how much like Dr. Doom the Wolves are. Apparantly, some of them are armed with lightsaber-like weapons.

Roland is a sorcerer as well as a gunslinger, but his magic isn't the sort that would be useful in this sort of combat.