MATCH SCORE
Zyclops: 2
Whitespikes: 1

Nightcrawler vs. Shatterstar
MATCH SCORE
Nightcrawler: 4
Shatterstar: 0

1:1 - Naruto Uzumaki vs. Vilgax

Alright! first match! My opinion on this one depends heavily on what version of Naruto we're looking at. If this is before shippuden, Naruto's rasengan should be able to deal some heavy damage but I do think Vilgax would win because he's smarter, more experienced and tougher to take down than most characters that naruto's run into. If it's during shippuden, Vilgax is out of his league.

I think Naruto gets pissed off and rips Vilgax apart.

Guest Incredible Hulk

Alright! first match! My opinion on this one depends heavily on what version of Naruto we're looking at. If this is before shippuden, Naruto's rasengan should be able to deal some heavy damage but I do think Vilgax would win because he's smarter, more experienced and tougher to take down than most characters that naruto's run into. If it's during shippuden, Vilgax is out of his league.

Omega11 will have to answer that since Naruto is his charcter.

Here is a video showing what Vilgax can do for those unfamiliar with him:

actually after seeing that vid, this is much closer than I thought.  Have to think longer before voting now.

Guest tomisntblue

I think Vilgax will be hard pressed to find a counter for fox mode, pre or post time skip. I'll hold off my vote for now, wait for some Vilgax arguments to come in. But my initial edge goes to Naruto, especially if he has the Rasenshuirkian. 

I think Vilgax will be hard pressed to find a counter for fox mode, pre or post time skip. I'll hold off my vote for now, wait for some Vilgax arguments to come in. But my initial edge goes to Naruto, especially if he has the Rasenshuirkian. 

I think wth Fox mods, it becomes a classic speed vs strength and durability, except instead of the speed being tactical, it charges... I'm leaning towards vilgax on this one but I'll wait to vote.

Guest bigballerju

Naruto does have a bit more abilities Vilgax will find very hard to counter. I may go with him but will wait as well.

Guest tomisntblue

I think wth Fox mods, it becomes a classic speed vs strength and durability, except instead of the speed being tactical, it charges... I'm leaning towards vilgax on this one but I'll wait to vote.

Fox mode also greatly depends on how many levels it goes. 0-2 Tails, Vilgax can handle - provided he can lay a hand on Naruto. But 3+ and the scales begin to tip in Naruto's favor. 

Another thing to consider, is, if this is conqurer of 10 world's Vilgax or not.

Guest sithisson

Agreed with the most of the above in that I'm not seeing anything against the fox mode. However I'm open to hear otherwise before picking anything.

Guest Omega11

*Potential Naruto spoilers ahead*

I believe the only version of Naruto that exceeds the boundaries of the defined "street level" would be his latest Tailed Beast Mode in which he has the cooperation of the Nine-tailed fox, so consider this Naruto to be the version just previous to that upgrade. Unless, of course, an Admin decides differently.

Guest Omega11

It doesn't appear to me that Vilgax can handle high speed opponents very well, and with the Nine-tailed Chakra Mode Naruto is one of the three fastest characters in his world.

Guest Incredible Hulk

It doesn't appear to me that Vilgax can handle high speed opponents very well, and with the Nine-tailed Chakra Mode Naruto is one of the three fastest characters in his world.

Not too much though. Hitting them when they're just trying dodge yah but when XLR8 went on the offensive Vilgax tagged him pretty easily.

I'll debate for Villgax more later when I have more time and also after I do some research.

Guest tomisntblue

Not too much though. Hitting them when they're just trying dodge yah but when XLR8 went on the offensive Vilgax tagged him pretty easily.

I think a reflex comparison is in order. Because I seem to remember that XLR8's weakness was that his reflexes were slower than his running speed. If that's true, and he was running head on, it stands to reason that Vilgax would hit him. But with Naruto, his reflexes seem to increase to match his speed, which would make him a much harder opponent to hit.

Guest Incredible Hulk

I think a reflex comparison is in order. Because I seem to remember that XLR8's weakness was that his reflexes were slower than his running speed. If that's true, and he was running head on, it stands to reason that Vilgax would hit him. But with Naruto, his reflexes seem to increase to match his speed, which would make him a much harder opponent to hit.

Well I was talking about when Vilgax caught XLR8's hand but anyway XLR8's reflexes are better than you give him credit for.

This video shows shows off some of his reflex abilities. I'll break it down to which ones in particular later.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=RVqLwU0do5k

Wait - this is the Cyborg Vilgax?

Uhhhhhhh yeah Naruto takes this, especially easily given the incarnation Omega's using.

If it were the version from Ultimate Alien where basically absorbed a lot of people's powers including that one superman expy who had a weakness to chocolate (friggin hilarious), it'd be a lot more even imho.

Guest Incredible Hulk

Wait - this is the Cyborg Vilgax?

Uhhhhhhh yeah Naruto takes this, especially easily given the incarnation Omega's using.

If it were the version from Ultimate Alien where basically absorbed a lot of people's powers including that one superman expy who had a weakness to chocolate (friggin hilarious), it'd be a lot more even imho.

The reason I used the Cyborg version was because this was the purely melee spot. I probably could have put Vilgax in a different slot or with that version and I actually had good idea for a person to put in the melee spot after my team was set but oh well.

Guest Omega11

With Naruto's speed, reflexes, extendable chakra arms, shadow clones, negative emotion sensing, and penchant for using smoke bombs to obscure his opponent's vision I think he'll easily be able to land solid hits on Vilgax while also avoiding retaliation.

Guest Incredible Hulk

Like is this the "Conqueror of 10" worlds Vilgax cause isn't he basically Superman then?

What do you mean "Conqueror of 10 worlds" Vilgax?

Guest Zreth

What do you mean "Conqueror of 10 worlds" Vilgax?

The one in AF and UA where he took the powers of Ultimo. He basically became superman

Guest Incredible Hulk

The one in AF and UA where he took the powers of Ultimo. He basically became superman

Oh no, this is Vilgax from the original series. You can see in the video I posted.

Here is my reasoning behind it:

The reason I used the Cyborg version was because this was the purely melee spot. I probably could have put Vilgax in a different slot or with that version and I actually had good idea for a person to put in the melee spot after my team was set but oh well.