Kylo Ren vs. Jacen Solo
MATCH SCORE
Kylo Ren: 2
Jacen Solo: 9

Zurg (Lightyear 2022 movie) vs. The Rancor
MATCH SCORE
Emperor Zurg: 2
The Rancor: 1

Rumble 20574 Vindicator vs. Amelia Voght vs. Bug Pit (King Kong 2005)
MATCH SCORE
Vindicator: 2
Amelia Voght: 1
Bug Pit (King Kong 2005): 1

Tournament - Judge Doom vs. Carnage
MATCH SCORE
Judge Doom: 2
Carnage: 7

Zurg (Lightyear movie) vs. Goliath (Evolve)
MATCH SCORE
Emperor Zurg: 2
Goliath (Evolve): 0

Best Comic Covers

Guest darthsketch

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Soberguy
So the new Alpha Flight consists of a crappy Spiderman wannabe, a crappy Thor wannabe, a crappy Captain America wannabe that's jumped the border, someone in a bird suit that should be hawking cell phone stores on a street corner, and an actual Canadian hero that's probably embarassed to be seeen in public with the others?

Eww

Do NOT get me started on the new Alpha/Omega Flight. DO NOT.

The people they have had writing Alpha have been - I'm convinced - functionally retarded... basically since John Byrne left back in the 80s. Certainly everything past the first run has been particularly bad.

I could reboot that entire comic off the top of my head in a way that wouldn't suck at all. Someone tell Marvel. I'll do it for free even.

So the new Alpha Flight consists of a crappy Spiderman wannabe, a crappy Thor wannabe, a crappy Captain America wannabe that's jumped the border, someone in a bird suit that should be hawking cell phone stores on a street corner, and an actual Canadian hero that's probably embarassed to be seeen in public with the others?

Eww

Well, when you put it that way....

Still, Alpha Flight was prett much killed off several times (first one was fake, and merely a ploy to start up a new team with new heroes [Captain Mappleleaf?] The second time was real. All the mutant's lost powers [from

M-Day] were absorbed by a Mailman [who just happened to be a mutant capable of absorbing energy] who then wrecked Canada, and killed Alpha Flight] which left Marvel with no choice but to stick a few crowd pleasers together & send them off to Canada.

Wow. After writing that, I'm actually questioning Marvel's decision.

...... Darn you Landon!

Guest Magnetrex

When I first saw this cover, I thought to myself if anyone, over at the Marvel Department, watched one too many Hentai movies. heroes-for-hire-13.jpg

Guest chaos-with-honor

Since we're on the topic of objectifying women, I present the cover and the original for your viewing pleasure.

post-138-1247091601_thumb.jpg

post-138-1247091646_thumb.jpg

When did we go from awesome covers to random female anatomy cartoon body parts?

When we realized that everyone on the CBUB's a guy.

Note: I'm by no means serious. Just throwing this in, don't want to sound offensive, & whatnot...

Guest Magnetrex

Alright it seems I got carried away with this so I'll just go back to just plain old funny covers. Like this one:

comic_tot2.jpg

When we realized that everyone on the Electric Ferrets a guy.

Question 2: Why does everyone from the CBUB think that this whole site is the CBUB?

Note: You guys should invest in real women. The cartoon type tend to smear when they get wet.

Guest chaos-with-honor

The pages stick together, too. Ruins the re-sale value.

On a side note, I actually liked the cover to the Deadpool Comic I posted. Not because of the cartoon flesh, although the detail is astounding. I found it to be very old-school James Bond. Hero Front-and-Center, beautiful women, villain fadded into the background, partially obscured, though still managing to loom ferociously.

Very evocative and interesting to look at.

Question 2: Why does everyone from the CBUB think that this whole site is the CBUB?

Note: You guys should invest in real women. The cartoon type tend to smear when they get wet.

Heh, it's quicker to type four letters than... however many there are in Electric Ferret.

Note: Yeah, that's a lame reason.

Anyways, why not have both?

Note: Here's a cool comic cover:

astonishing_x-men_29_cover.jpg

Guest Magnetrex

Ever since I could remember, I always enjoyed reading The Question. Especially the covers that were done by Denys Cowan.

8061_400x600.jpg

9018_400x600.jpg

I also like the more recent Question covers from Final Crisis.

finalcrisis2.jpg

Guest Joecorp

Same here, The Question is easily one of my favourite characters and he has had some great covers over the years. *Sniff* i miss Vic, i hope he comes back or at least as a Black Lantern.

68442-11490-101440-1-question-the_super.jpg

68443-11490-101441-1-question-the_super.jpg

68444-11490-101442-1-question-the_super.jpg