X-23: 5

Zeorymer vs. Crimson Typhoon
MATCH SCORE
Zeorymer: 2
Crimson Typhoon: 4

Match 12034 Justice League and Z fighters vs. Broly

Guest Hayesmeister5651

Guest LoneWolf

Yes, that's what I want. If his writing is piss poor then he has NO business grading anyone else poorly. This way we can see truthfully if he is this writing prodigy he think he is... Or just a troll or complete hypocrite.

The people arguing with me, Methos and Nova: Let me explain this. You do not write matches. I don't think you really have any business arguing. If you can outdo one of these 'D' matches, I will eat my words... until then, who are you to talk?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have written matches, I have outdone these. Got another dumbass assumption to make?

I have seen no thread where this guy claims he's a prodigy, heck he could be FPL for all I know.

He doesn't need to justify his vote to you. A Republican doesn't need to justify his vote to a Democrat.

Guest sirmethos

Yes, that's what I want. If his writing is piss poor then he has NO business grading anyone else poorly. This way we can see truthfully if he is this writing prodigy he think he is... Or just a troll or complete hypocrite.

The people arguing with me, Methos and Nova: Let me explain this. You do not write matches. I don't think you really have any business arguing. If you can outdo one of these 'D' matches, I will eat my words... until then, who are you to talk?

Wait... So by your logic, you need to be a writer, to be able to tell quality writing from poor writing.

Yea, that makes a lot of sense. Just like when you go into a restaurant, you have no business criticizing the food unless you're a professional cook.

Or in order to tell a good wrestler from a bad wrestler, when watching a prowrestling match, you need to be a professional wrestler. After all, if you can't out do them, then you can't really tell if they're doing a bad job.

Edit: That was sarcasm, in case you didn't catch it :)

Guest LoneWolf

You have to admit there is a bit of truth in that statement though. I am not accusing either of you of being the 'Hate Voter', it's just a LOT easier to get worked up seeing someone casually attempt to ruin something myself and others have put effort into.

Guest LoneWolf

It doesn't bother me that much if it doesn't happen often. But my match before this scratched and my last one was 'hate-voted'. I think I might stick to rumbles for a bit until this voter moves along.

Well, I've taken a slightly different approach to all this. See, my biggest beef with this, is matches getting scratched, that shouldn't. So, what have I done? Gone f*ckin' loco, rating like a madman. :D Unfortunately, Lonewolf can't join in my endeavor, 'cause he isn't a judge anymore, for some reason...

So, yeah, do whatever you want mystery rater. I'll be there to cancel your rate out.

Guest sirmethos

You have to admit there is a bit of truth in that statement though. I am not accusing either of you of being the 'Hate Voter', it's just a LOT easier to get worked up seeing someone casually attempt to ruin something myself and others have put effort into.

No, I don't have to admit that there is any truth in it, 'cause there isn't.

Guest LoneWolf

No, I don't have to admit that there is any truth in it, 'cause there isn't.

Not even a bit? You don't think someone who writes might be a better judge of others' writing? Or if someone wrestles, they might be in a better position to grade others' technique? Etc...

Guest sirmethos

Not even a bit? You don't think someone who writes might be a better judge of others' writing? Or if someone wrestles, they might be in a better position to grade others' technique? Etc...

Not particularly, no.

Let me use myself as an example.

I've written a bit myself, but by my own (repeated)admission, I'm not a writer, and I have no interest whatsoever, in being a writer. So what qualifies me to judge good writing from bad?

I've been reading for more than 23 years. And my standards for quality have been steadily rising.

I've been reading fanfiction for more than 10 years, reviewing fanfics, working as a beta-reader, etc. Helping fanfiction writers improve their work. Because when I read fanfiction, I want to read quality work.

When I look at some of the fanfiction that I put on my favorites back when I started reading fanfics, I can only shake my head 'cause "bloody hell!, that's some shitty fics." A good example is a HP fic called the Ascension of the Scorpion Sorcerer. Back when I first read it, I thought it was bloody brilliant. When I went through my favorites a few months back, I couldn't even get past the first two chapters, the writing was bloody awful. The spelling was sporadic, the grammar was shot to hell, the plot was sketchy at best, and the characters flat and uninteresting.

Now, despite (again, by my own repeated admission)not being a writer. I'm pretty confident in saying that I can judge quality writing from poor writing. Are there others that are better at it? Sure, there's always someone better. Is it because they're writers? In some cases, probably, but definitely not all(an australian friend of mine called Daniel, is a great example. The guy is a friggin' grammar *uncreative*, but he's even less of a writer than I am).

Bottom Line: Saying that you have to be a writer, to be able to properly judge good writing from bad, is pure bullshit.

Why do people see the need to cancel out a perfectly valid rating?

What makes his rating any more valid than mine? If I think something deserves something better than a D, then I'm gonna give it a better grade than a D.

Nothing does. Your rating is just as valid as his. That's fine, you do that. Just make sure when you give it that rating, make sure that in your honest opinion that it deserves that rating, don't do it just to cancel out a vote.

Guest D-Niro

You know, it's possible that it's not even the same guy that gave all these lower ratings.

It would be nice if you guys let this be looked into in peace.

Guest DRob

Nothing does. Your rating is just as valid as his. That's fine, you do that. Just make sure when you give it that rating, make sure that in your honest opinion that it deserves that rating, don't do it just to cancel out a vote.

Well, I give a rating I think a match deserves. If in doing that, the match is prevented from being scratched, too, that's just a bonus. If I think it was good enough to get a passing grade, that is.