The Xenomorph Queen: 5

Rumble 20588 Waldstein vs. Metera vs. Mutagen Man
MATCH SCORE
Waldstein: 0
Metera: 1
Mutagen Man: 2

Which bending ability would you want?

ThePhenomenalOne

After reading the power thread in this forum, I thought of having the Avatar's power. So that leads me here to ask yinz which one would you pick?

Earth

Water

Fire

Air

For those unfamiliar with Avatar: The Last Airbender, here is a link to bending abilities.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bending_in_Avatar:_The_Last_Airbender

Originally, I thought fire bending would be the coolest because you don't need to have it around you. Earth and water benders need their respective items around them in order to bend. With a lot of training, you could become pretty damn good at it and fly and shoot lightening which is pretty damn cool.

Then I changed my mind and came to my choice. I would choose air bending. Some of the agility that Aang shows is pretty impressive. You can also fly (basically). Create powerful gusts just from a push and have pretty damn close to super speed.

Toph and metal bending is quite impressive also.

Out of everything, I would still choose air, but, blood bending is hands down the most badass.

What would you choose?

Guest Lunacyde

Each has it's advantages and disadvantages. honestly I'd feel extremely awesome to have any of them. If I ultimately had to choose i would pick Earth. It strikes a nice balance between the others, is quite abundant, has interesting real life applications, and allows for the subskill of metalbending as well as seismic sense.

Guest force_echo

Earthbending, cause it's the only one that has a chance of standing up to modern weapons, mainly through the subset of metal bending by bending the steel of guns.

Guest sirmethos

And why would it have to stand up to modern weaponry?

I don't know about you, but I'm not particularly in the habit of going up against people carrying firearms. That wouldn't particularly change, even if I got Bending powers.

Guest TheJ0ke

Forget "practicality", air bending seems to easily be the most fun. Super-speed and flying, plus I'd never have to worry about overheating/air conditioning again since I could just generate my own breeze. Seems like a good deal to me.

Guest force_echo

Of course, someone could still snipe me. Doesn't the new avatar series take place in like the early 1900s? I wonder why they still don't have guns.

Guest Hayesmeister5651

Of course, someone could still snipe me. Doesn't the new avatar series take place in like the early 1900s? I wonder why they still don't have guns.

Fear of metal benders maybe?

Guest Delta Force

Air all the way because it is the closes thing to TK simply because it's everywhere. Second would be earth.

Guest force_echo

Firearms could still be extremely useful. Especially at a distance. And if the metal benders themselves used them, no one in Avatar would be able to stand up to them.

Guest Hayesmeister5651

Firearms could still be extremely useful. Especially at a distance. And if the metal benders themselves used them, no one in Avatar would be able to stand up to them.

True, I guess we will chalk that one up to the writer's laziness. They probably just didn't feel like incorporating guns into the story. Which I don't mind.

Guest Lunacyde

There you have the answer why the creators have consciously decided guns are not in the best interest of the Avatar Universe.

It's not laziness it's called creative control. they have it in their Universe and their universe is one that doesn't have guns. That simple.

I WOULD PICK ENERGY BENDING, No in all seriousness if I need to choose, I would gone with fire bending and then use LIGHTING BENDING.

Guest force_echo

I don't understand how Avatar progressed like centuries worth of technology and general setting in like 30 years.