Evil Ash: 0

Starkiller vs. Wolverine
MATCH SCORE
Starkiller: 5
Wolverine: 3

Match 11235 Coldstone vs. Angela

JohnnyChany

BATMAN/GARGOYLES CROSSOVER Part XVII

Summary: With all the inmates freed from Arkham Asylum, Batman had more than he could he handle. Even with the help of his usual allies like Robin and Nightwing, the dark knight was overwhelmed. Alfred sought out a new ally, David Xanatos, who has come forth ready to offer a helping hand along with the Manhattan Gargoyle Clan.

Even with an epic mystical battle between Zatanna and the Weird Sisters going on around them in the Bat Cave, the trio of Xanatos, Lexington, and Alfred huddled together to continue their efforts in directing their allies to victory over the many villains now running amok in Gotham City.

"Ok now that you have misdirected Broadway to another battle, we still need to find someone to help out Angela," said Lexington.

"Coldstone, perhaps," suggested Alfred.

"That was my thought as well," said Xanatos. "With his arsenal, Ivy's plants should pose little threat. I also doubt that her pheromones would have much effect on a cyborg gargoyle."

The three agreed on Coldstone.

Xanatos changed the channel on his headset and spoke. "Coldstone, I have your next mission."

"I'm listening," Coldstone replied.

"We have lost contact with Angela. We fear that she may have been defeated by her target, Poison Ivy. We need you to go get Angela back and take down Ivy. She is a tricky one. She can control plants to act on her behalf and she is known to use various toxins as well. When Alfred last had contact with Angela, she had tracked Ivy down to a greenhouse in the southern part of Gotham."

"Understood," responded Coldstone.

After receiving the coordinates from Xanatos, Coldstone traveled to the greenhouse. He entered cautiously. After a few steps in, vines wrapped around his ankles. He shot at them instantly with his forearm laser cannon. The vines shriveled and slithered away.

Coldstone suddenly heard the voice of a lady. "Why must you all insist on hurting my babies?"

The villain, Poision Ivy, appeared before him.

Coldstone aimed his laser cannon directly at her. "Where is Angela?"

"Angela? Is that the name of the winged beast who stormed in here earlier. It took quite a lot of toxin to subdue her." answered Ivy.

"I'll ask one more time," Coldstone said tersely. "Where is she?"

Ivy lowered her eyes and vines grew around her.

"I can take anything you can dish out, plant woman!" said Coldstone.

Ivy's expression relaxed again. "That may be, but I don't intend on fighting you." Poison Ivy was joined by a short man in a top hat on her right and Angela on her left. The sight caught Coldstone off guard. "You see every time we have been set free from Arkham, Batman pursues us like his wayward children and sends us back. The cycle has gotten old and stale. So this time I decided to make a plan if I was set free again, to build an army. Of course I needed an accomplice. My old friend, Jervis Techt." Ivy rubbed her finger under the Mad Hatter's chin. His dazed expression gave the impression that he was under the effects of her pheromones. "With his technology at our disposal, recruitment would be easy. I certainly wasn't expecting to be targeted by gargoyles, but she should make a fine soldier."

Coldstone noticed the mechanical headband on Angela. "Take it off of her!" he demanded.

"Or you'll do what?" replied Jervis. "You can blow up the head band with your nifty forearm cannon, but that would require shooting a laser at your friend's head. And if you damage it with your claws, there is a needle that would spurt lethal toxin directly into her brain."

"How about I just blast you instead," said Coldstone.

Coldstone aimed his laser cannon at the Mad Hatter. Angela suddenly attacked Coldstone and knocked him to the ground.

Coldstone gazed up at her. "Angela, please, I can help you. You don't know what you are doing."

"I'm protecting my master," she replied.

"You are the daughter of my rookery brother, I don't want to hurt you," Coldstone pleaded.

Angela scratched at Coldstone. "That makes it easier for me, because I really want to hurt you."

As they watched the mayhem unfold, Ivy whisperd to Jervis, "I think we should depart before any more gargoyles arrive. Tell Angela we will contact her after she's done with this winged swiss army knife. If he is not too heavily damaged, he will make a fine recruit as well."

Good set-up.

This could be tricky for Coldstone, but he should be able to prevail her. With his cyborg physiology and abilities he would be able to take Angela fairly easily in a straight-up fight, but he's not really trying to hurt his friend and ally. He probably can't safely remove Angela's headband on his, so he may initially get knocked around a bit while he's trying to hold back. But, he could still probably knock her out and take to someone who can remove the headband.