X-23: 5

Zeorymer vs. Crimson Typhoon
MATCH SCORE
Zeorymer: 2
Crimson Typhoon: 4

Match 10948 Venom and Sabretooth vs. Spider-Man and Wolverine

Guest .Big Game James.

Guest .Big Game James.

In 2003, Nick Fury, Director of the international security force S.H.I.E.L.D., uncovers a secret plot by Latverian Prime Minister Lucia von Bardas to fund a group of super-villains with advanced technology, presumably that of previous Latverian dictator Doctor Doom, as a means of wreaking terror on American soil. Fury immediately takes his findings to the President of the United States but is denied the authorization requested to overthrow the post-Doom Latverian government due to its sponsorship by the U.S. Government. Fury is enraged at what he sees as the same pre-9/11 security complacency inviting disaster yet again.

Fury recruits Captain America, Spider-Man, Daredevil, Black Widow, Luke Cage, Wolverine, and superhuman S.H.I.E.L.D. agent Daisy Johnson, in a private attempt to covertly overthrow Latveria.

Spider-Man and Wolverine have been assigned to take care of there normal nemesis's Venom and Sabretooth. As they search for the two villainous opponents Sabretooth jumps down from a tree a short distance from the two mighty heroes looking to stop Wolverine from overthrowing Latveria. A few seconds pass and Venom crawls down the side of a small building looking to do the same to Spidey. Wolverine stares at Sabretooth and Spider-Man at Venom and the battle begins.

who wins?

Learn More About

Venom

Read more about Venom at Wikipedia

Official Site: Marvel Comics Links: Wikipedia: Venom Spiderfan.org: Venom Marvel.com: Venom

Sabretooth

Read more about Sabretooth at Wikipedia

Official Site: Marvel Comics Links: Wikipedia Entry - Sabretooth Uncanny X-Men Entry Marvel Universe Entry

Wolverine

Read more about Wolverine at Wikipedia

Official Site: Marvel Comics Links: Wolverine Wiki entry Marvel Wolverine-Answers.com

Spider-Man

Read more about Spider-Man at Wikipedia

Official Site: Marvel Comics Links: Wikipedia: Spider-Man Spiderfan.org Marvel.com: Spider-Man

Guest bigballerju

I would agree on Venom being superior to Spiderman but disagree on the Sabretooth one. I have always held Logan was superior in some areas.

Venom beats Spiderman but Wolverine beats Sabretooth. However once Venom is done with Spiderman he turns his head toward Logan. After that Wolverine is really screwed. Team one wins

Guest leroypowell3

And here I thought the good old classic rivalry would lead to team two's victory. Venom is indeed superior to Spiderman. And he and Sabretooth can beat Wolverine. Glad some people on here have some brains.

Guest force_echo

No, they don't win through PIS. Spider-Man beats Venom by using his brain, you know, kinda the way he beats every villain.

Guest sirmethos

Venom/Spider-Man: Venom is stronger, faster, bigger, more durable, more agile, has far more stamina, and Spider-Man's primary combat ability doesn't work on him. Spider-Man is more intelligent and more skilled. In a straight up fight, Venom wins every time. In the comics, Spider-Man always wins by either A. getting help of some kind. or B. Use a conveniently placed, nearby church bell(i.e. PIS).

Sabretooth/Wolverine: Sabretooth is stronger, faster, bigger, more agile, more durable(though Wolverine's adamantium kinda evens the score on that one) and arguably more intelligent. Wolverine is more skilled and has a slightly better healing factor. Wolverine generally wins their fights in the comics due to A. PIS, or B. the Muramasa Blade.

In a straight up fight between the two teams, Sabretooth and Venom wins relatively easily.

Guest bigballerju

Wolverine beats Sabretooth because he is smarter in battle, more skilled on a level higher then Sabretooth (Sabretooth has said himself he prefers his animal way of fighting while Logan is a hell of Martial Artist who has even beaten Iron Fist in sparring), way better healing factor not just slightly ( God I could post scans of Logan's healing factor doing things I have never seen Sabretooth's done like his fight with the Thor clone or Cyclops in Schism), and Logan has shown to be way more intelligent. ( I have never seen Sabretooth proven to be smarter then Logan in Wolverine's comics).

Not every villain losing to there hero is PIS or comic mechanic.

Venom I agree would kill Spiderman if there were none of his weaknesses around to exploit because Eddie Brock as Venom has come close to doing so. Mac as Venom is the only exception because he was a joke and is not as good as Eddie. Flash's Venom could probably kill Spidey as well. Mac's Venom despite the things he did was unimpressivee and was horrible as Venom. Spiderman proved that when Mac's Venom angered him and Spiderman dropped a small building or something like that on him defeating him without needing any of his weaknesses to exploit.

Guest sirmethos
-snip-

"Wolverine beats Sabretooth because he is smarter in battle"

Oh yes, jumping on your opponent and slashing wildly at him with your claws really shows battle intelligence on a high level[/sarcasm].

Wolverine might be a more intelligent fighter in general, but Wolverine and Sabretooth generally piss each other off, so much that there is little actual thought in their fights.

For the most part, their fights end with 'stalemates'. The only two instances(that I can think of off the top of my head) aside from the Muramasa blade, where Wolverine actually defeated Sabretooth, was 1. putting his claws through Sabretooth's brain. and 2. When they were both caught by Apocalypse, where Wolverine put his claws into Sabretooth's gut and impaled his heart under the Adamantium(completely ignoring the fact that in the 3 encounters they had before that, while Sabretooth had adamantium, Wolverine was completely dominated in every encounter).

With the way they piss each other off, their fights become a matter of physical superiority. Somehow, the comics have Wolverine's claws and Adamantium, as an equalizer. against Sabretooth's (far)superior Strength, Speed and Agility.

And Sabretooth, after his last upgrade, was shown to have a healing factor that was almost on par with Wolverine's.

"more skilled on a level higher then Sabretooth (Sabretooth has said himself he prefers his animal way of fighting while Logan is a hell of Martial Artist who has even beaten Iron Fist in sparring)"

I already said that Wolverine is more skilled, he just doesn't use that skill in their fights(which is another point in favor of Sabretooth, since their fight generally go down with the kind of fighting that Sabretooth has more experience with). And where Wolverine has beaten Iron Fist in a sparring match, Sabretooth has beaten Iron Fist in actual combat.

"way better healing factor not just slightly ( God I could post scans of Logan's healing factor doing things I have never seen Sabretooth's done like his fight with the Thor clone or Cyclops in Schism)"

I believe I already addressed the issue of healing factor in the first point.

"and Logan has shown to be way more intelligent. ( I have never seen Sabretooth proven to be smarter then Logan in Wolverine's comics)."

Wolverine has never shown any exceptional intelligence in the comics. Sabretooth on the other hand, has been shown to regularly hack into government computer systems(even SHIELD's computers on one occasion) to get information.

People seem to forget that, while Sabretooth generally prefers to act on his more animal instincts, he is a highly trained spy/assassin, trained by SHIELD and CIA, among other agencies.

"Not every villain losing to there hero is PIS or comic mechanic."

Very true, and I have never claimed otherwise.

Guest force_echo

Venom/Spider-Man: Venom is stronger, faster, bigger, more durable, more agile, has far more stamina, and Spider-Man's primary combat ability doesn't work on him. Spider-Man is more intelligent and more skilled. In a straight up fight, Venom wins every time. In the comics, Spider-Man always wins by either A. getting help of some kind. or B. Use a conveniently placed, nearby church bell(i.e. PIS).

I don't think you understand what PIS is or how any of Spider-Man/Venom's fights go. First of all, PIS is a one time freakishly outlandish occurance. Spider-Man beats Venom pretty regularly, and it isn't always due to fire and sound. He plays on Venom's warped sense of justice, springs a trap (like the time he sent venom on a rocket ship), and if he's really pissed, he can beat down Venom.

Guest bigballerju

True sometimes Venom is his own worst enemy and Spiderman takes advantage of that in a fight. Other times Spiderman when he is not in the mood really gives Venom a beating. Usually when Venom starts running his mouth about how he is gone kill Mary Jane as well as others Spiderman gets pissed off and beats the snot out of him.

Sabretooth/Wolverine: Sabretooth is stronger, faster, bigger, more agile, more durable(though Wolverine's adamantium kinda evens the score on that one) and arguably more intelligent. Wolverine is more skilled and has a slightly better healing factor. Wolverine generally wins their fights in the comics due to A. PIS, or B. the Muramasa Blade.

In a straight up fight between the two teams, Sabretooth and Venom wins relatively easily.

wolverine is faster has a better healing factor and is a better fighter even with your point about sabertooth making wolverine mad removing the skill from the fight a savage fight would go to the most durable and harder to kill between the 2 and that would still be wolverine.

spiderman vs venom venom has way to many weaknesses you can use against him and spiderman is a little faster then venom.

neither of those wins are from pis.

Guest Djgambrell

Methos if I might interject.

Wolverine strategic ability has been compated to someone performing an olympic routine while simultaneously beating three chess computers. Far more than I've seen or heard from sabertooth.

Also he has shown great skill while in his maniacle fights. Case in point: His fight against Mr. X. While X is a great fighter and mind reader he was unable to beat Wolverine.

Guest sirmethos

Actually, the first time they fought, Mister X beat Wolverine without Wolverine ever hitting him.

Wolverine won the next encounter because he went berserk, i.e. mindless rage. which meant that Mister X got nothing useful from reading his surface thoughts.

That had absolutely nothing to do with Wolverine's tactical abilities, and everything to do with his adamantium skeleton/claws, and his healing factor.

Actually, the first time they fought, Mister X beat Wolverine without Wolverine ever hitting him.

Wolverine won the next encounter because he went berserk, i.e. mindless rage. which meant that Mister X got nothing useful from reading his surface thoughts.

That had absolutely nothing to do with Wolverine's tactical abilities, and everything to do with his adamantium skeleton/claws, and his healing factor.

mister x skill was not why wolverine could not hit him he was reading wolverine's moves tor predict how to avoid them wolverine went beserk because he new mister x could not predict his moves then. so in away it was stratigy .

Guest sirmethos

mister x skill was not why wolverine could not hit him he was reading wolverine's moves tor predict how to avoid them wolverine went beserk because he new mister x could not predict his moves then. so in away it was stratigy .

No, Mister X did not read his movements, he read his thoughts.

No, Mister X did not read his movements, he read his thoughts.

yes and when you fight using a style you train in you think about what moves you going to do as the fight go on if the guy reads your mind he knows what you going to do next there for he can counter it.

but when wolverine went beserk so he could no longer read his mind there for he could no longer read his moves which lead to wolverine beating him.