X-23: 5

Zeorymer vs. Crimson Typhoon
MATCH SCORE
Zeorymer: 2
Crimson Typhoon: 4

Established Vampire Hunters

Guest sirmethos

Guest sirmethos

With so much bias against Twilight in various matches lately, I decided to make this 'match'.

Which established Vampire Hunters(i.e. they are known vampire hunters in their own universe), can take down Edward Cullen?

Each Vampire Hunter has his/her standard equipment and is hunting the sparkling idiot with his/her standard M.O.

That means, if the Hunter always prepares(prep. time) before actually fighting the vampire, then in this rumble, he has prep. time. if he/she usually just charges into the fight, then that's the case here as well.

To keep it relatively realistic(i.e. not every hunter is gonna take down the sparkling moron easily), I'll be playing the part of the devil's advocate, i.e. arguing for the side of the sparkling stalker.

Note: You are welcome to use any other of the sparkling vampires, just to get some variation(i.e. buffy can't take down edward, unless she has the Scythe, but what about say...(goes to google to find the name of another one) Emmet?).

End Note: While I dislike Twilight as much as the next guy, I dislike irrational bias even more, hence this thread.

Guest bigballerju

Good thread. Twilight Vampires are so damn fast which is the problem with them. The only ones I know of who can kill Williow, Buffy, Angel, and Faith together with prep. Sam and Dean could kill Edward with prep. If Sam has his demon powers its a sure win as well. The last one is Blood from the manga and anime. All 3 can kill Edward.

Guest bigballerju

Any witch from Vampire Diaries with that one ability to cause Vampires pain by making there head feel like it is going to explode and if they continue for long they can easily kill the Vampire. She hunts bad vampires with her friends and could take down Edward by herself.

Guest sirmethos
Good thread. Twilight Vampires are so damn fast which is the problem with them. The only ones I know of who can kill Williow, Buffy, Angel, and Faith together with prep. Sam and Dean could kill Edward with prep. If Sam has his demon powers its a sure win as well. The last one is Blood from the manga and anime. All 3 can kill Edward.

Willow, Buffy, Angel and Faith, working together, with prep. time. could take him down, true.

Sam and Dean though, don't have anything in their 'standard' armory that could take him down. He's too fast, strong and durable for them, and that's not counting in his mind reading ability.

As for Sam's demonic powers... The only one of his powers that might be effective, is his Telekinesis, and as far as I know, he hasn't shown anything that shows his TK as being powerful enough to kill a Twilight vampire.

You're welcome to prove me wrong though.

That Necromancer Witch from True Blood would Eat Edward Cullen for breakfast.

Depends on the scenario. I haven't seen enough True Blood to know her standard M.O.(I've only seen 2-3 episodes). With prep. time, she could take him down pretty easily, but in a random fight, she would lose badly.

Any witch from Vampire Diaries with that one ability to cause Vampires pain by making there head feel like it is going to explode and if they continue for long they can easily kill the Vampire. She hunts bad vampires with her friends and could take down Edward by herself.

Again, I haven't seen enough Vampire Diaries to know her M.O.(since you haven't given a name, I'm not even sure which specific which you're talking about), but just like with the True Blood witch, it depends on the scenario.

Guest sirmethos
Blade

Not so much. Blade has nothing in his 'standard' equipment that can actually damage the sparkling idiot, nor does he have any protection against the Mind Reading.

Alucard (or Seras Victoria for that matter) would kill him fairly easily. Anita Blake could as well.

Very true, about Alucard and Seras. As for Anita Blake, I don't know enough about her to say either way. From what I've been able to find out, it looks like it's generally the same with her, as it is with the two witches mentioned in earlier posts(True Blood and Vampire Diaries), with Prep. time, she would win, in a random fight, she would lose badly. I don't know enough about her to comment on her equipment, and I don't know her M.O.

Guest Djgambrell

Possibly Van helsing fron the movie. I don't know how well his h uh man self fairs but I know his werewolf self could do well.

Guest victim36

Hoss Delgado, wow. Thanks for throwing that one in, got a great laugh from that reference. Love me some Grim Adventures.

In truth, obviously, Hoss doesn't have much to offer Edward. Similar to Blade's disadvantage, just nothing in his standard gear that's strong enough to hurt oh sparkle briches.

Van Helsing from the movie. I'm going with a no here. In human form he doesn't have anything that can hurt Edward. Now in were form he's strong enough to hurt Edward. But, he is nowhere near fast enough. Werewolves in the movie didn't move at blinding speeds, heck, more than one person was able to run quite some distance before being forced to evade the Weres. Not to mention Eddie's ability to read minds.

Vampire Hunter G, I don't know anything about this character so I can't vouch one way or the other. But, I like the name.

Now to throw in my own contender; Vampire Hunter D. I know, I'm crazy orginal and what not. In his normal form I don't think he can dish out enough damage. But, in his true form he's easily overpowered vampires that were much older and more powerful than him without to much of a struggle.

Guest Djgambrell
Hoss Delgado, wow. Thanks for throwing that one in, got a great laugh from that reference. Love me some Grim Adventures.

In truth, obviously, Hoss doesn't have much to offer Edward. Similar to Blade's disadvantage, just nothing in his standard gear that's strong enough to hurt oh sparkle briches.

Van Helsing from the movie. I'm going with a no here. In human form he doesn't have anything that can hurt Edward. Now in were form he's strong enough to hurt Edward. But, he is nowhere near fast enough. Werewolves in the movie didn't move at blinding speeds, heck, more than one person was able to run quite some distance before being forced to evade the Weres. Not to mention Eddie's ability to read minds.

Vampire Hunter G, I don't know anything about this character so I can't vouch one way or the other. But, I like the name.

Now to throw in my own contender; Vampire Hunter D. I know, I'm crazy orginal and what not. In his normal form I don't think he can dish out enough damage. But, in his true form he's easily overpowered vampires that were much older and more powerful than him without to much of a struggle.

I want to disagree a bit about Van. In the books one of the reeeally old vampires was fearful of them. Not the tribe people but actual werewolves.

Guest sirmethos
I want to disagree a bit about Van. In the books one of the reeeally old vampires was fearful of them. Not the tribe people but actual werewolves.

Van Helsing werewolves =/= Twilight werewolves.

Guest sirmethos
Priest?

The Bloodpack?

Hannibal King?

Both Priest(Ivan Isaacs) and Hannibal King would get their arses kicked quite severely. I'm not sure about The Bloodpack... The only Bloodpack I can think of is a DC team, and while I'm not exactly 100% on them, I don't think they are "established vampire hunters".

The Frog Brothers from the Lost Boys series. I think with some decent prep time, and research into what the Twilight Vampires are like, they could possibly win... albeit with some incredible difficulty.

However without prep time then yeah... Twilight vampires would win, sad to say... very sad to say..

But yeah, what about the Frog Brothers, Methos?

-Rakai'Thwei

Guest sirmethos
The Frog Brothers from the Lost Boys series. I think with some decent prep time, and research into what the Twilight Vampires are like, they could possibly win... albeit with some incredible difficulty.

However without prep time then yeah... Twilight vampires would win, sad to say... very sad to say..

But yeah, what about the Frog Brothers, Methos?

-Rakai'Thwei

I don't know enough about the Frog Brothers to say either way.

What is their usual M.O. ? Do they usually research the vampires before they go after them, or do they just tend to charge in(like buffy, blade, etc.)?

Guest Bladephyre
I don't know enough about the Frog Brothers to say either way.

What is their usual M.O. ? Do they usually research the vampires before they go after them, or do they just tend to charge in(like buffy, blade, etc.)?

I think the problem with the Twilight vampires is that they have all the positives of being a vampire, then about 3 other big advantages and then almost no negatives.

While Buffy, Willow, and Faith might be able to pull off a win, maybe. Giles would pull it off, he does prepare first and he is much smarter. He would know enough spells, wards and other mystic equipment go go assassinate a Twilight vamp.

Well they seem to have a fairly decent knowledge about vampires, or rather the vampires which they are familiar with. So it's highly likely that they have done their research and share that research with those who have vampire troubles.

They also take hours or even days to gain the advantage of Prep-time.

At least that's what I remember from watching the original Lost Boys, I haven't seen the sequel.

-Rakai'Thwei

Guest sirmethos
Rayne from Bloodrayne could beat Edward.

No, she really couldn't.

Same problem as Blade, her standard equipment wouldn't harm him, and she has no protection against his mind reading ability. Not to mention the fact that he is significantly faster than she is, not sure if he's stronger.

Guest sirmethos
What if Rayne used her Time Stop ability? You know, the thing that makes Machine Gun bullets slow to a crawl? She'd be far faster than him then. Speed-blitz + decapitation = win, no?

No, she really couldn't.

Same problem as Blade, her standard equipment wouldn't harm him, and she has no protection against his mind reading ability. Not to mention the fact that he is significantly faster than she is, not sure if he's stronger.