Rumble 20588 Waldstein vs. Metera vs. Mutagen Man
MATCH SCORE
Waldstein: 0
Metera: 1
Mutagen Man: 2

The Island Kingdom of Genosha

kainboa

Guest KevinDWolf93
Initially the group couldn't see any weaknesses, while the patrols were walking in a set pattern, the gap between each patrol were too small to use for infiltration, and there were of course the guards in the towers to cover those gaps as well.

As the group watched some more, they could see one of the patrols being called back into the compound, leaving a relatively large gap in the patrol pattern, it was still possible to get spotted by the guards in the towers, but the chances of making their way inside without getting spotted just rose by quite a bit, however they would need to move fast, as there was no telling when the patrol would be back out making infiltration near impossible.

ooc: math is correct, that is the number of guards you could see before, with one patrol being recalled inside the compound.

After the information is relayed, Marcel directs Technician to try and time arriving at the sewer entrance when the guard's patrol gap was there. Marcel was trying to see the bst path/timing to get past the tower watchers. If push came to shove, he'd see if he could get Chris to short out the floodlights.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...

Time-skip post

While infiltrating the compound, Jack and Marcel got into an argument over Marcels leadership, this caused them to be distracted and get taken down by guards, Zoi and Van were taken down while trying to escape and regroup, in order to make a second attempt.

Technician and Chris, being able to fly, made a clean get-away, and made another attempt at infiltrating the compound, they managed to get in and get the key-card, but extra security at the prisoners managed to take them out, causing a mission failure.

During the nine months that has progressed, the group has been on 4 major missions.

The first one was a raid on one of Apocalypses bases, Intel suggested that it was protected by Clan Akkaba footsoldiers, however reality turned out quite differently.

Once the group arrived, they found out that Apocalypse himself was present, and he was sorely displeased by their presence in his base, suffice to say, the mission was a failure, and it took the better part of a month to heal, even with Sinisters assistance.

After the first mission, a new recruit was introduced to the team, Shin Ki Young, aka Armoury, and after a few training missions where they got to know each other, he was an accepted part of the group.

The second mission was a rescue mission to Spain, a group of mutant had been taken prisoners by the Spanish army, due to their powers activating explosively and causing a fairly large amount of collateral damage.

The group succeeded without any large problems as the Spanish army were not prepared to handle mutants fully in control of their powers, and willing to attack them.

The third mission was a diplomatic mission to Atlantis, however Namor remained unconvinced that Magneto had turned over a new leaf, and was unwilling to enter an alliance at present time.

The fourth and final mission, was a mission to destroy what Intel suggested was a highly advanced sentinel from the future, the truth turned out to be much worse.

They arrived to find Bastion, who was fully activated by the arrival of the group, his Anti-mutant counter-measures easily sent the group running, once more in need of medical attention.

As we begin once more, the group has just finished healing up from their encounter with Bastion, and are now ready to do Magneto's bidding.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Djgambrell

Van was already preparing himself. He could be found in the workout room repeatedly slamming his fist into the metal wall wearing his typical jeans and T-shirt with no shoes to be found. There recent failure had angered him. He felt like the failure his parents had always called him. He let himself down. More importantly he let the team and his master down. He'd been trying to shape up. To change from the stupid kid to the soldier his team needed. Apparently it didn't work.

Guest bigballerju

Chris wasn't ready for the finish yet as he was fed up with the recent failures the team had. He felt like alot of his team members weren't pulling there weight and they weren't working well together as a team to get the mission done. He was angry and fed up with failing the missions Magneto gave him. Chris took a deep breath as he hestiated before continuing to put the rest of his gear on. Chris didn't want to speak to anyone at the moment and would just rest in his room until they were called on for the next mission. Chris promised himself he would make sure the next mission was a success even if he had to do it himself.

Guest KevinDWolf93

Marcel had been awake for the last few hours. he spent it field stripping his weapons. Over and over. It was what he did when needed to think and he REALLY needed to think by himself. Odds were Lord Magneto wasn't pleased by their track record, hell Marcel wasn't terribly impressed by it. Quite the opposite if he didn't want to be modest. Which he didnt. He scowled at the energy rifle he had procured months before. 'Was it his fault?' he wondered. Maybe he wasn't thinking like a mutant. With a yell he slams his fist into a nearby desk, sending a multi-arc of electriciy out. A gift from a confrontation with Chris. It doens't wreck anything in the room, but it does get Marcel to stop for a moment. His powers had grown much since then, yet he seldom used it, even during the last mission he couldn't use the full potential for his powers to good use.

"Evolution." he muses bitterly. That's when he began thinking. His parents had success with what they taught him, but that was it. It was simple, but in practice Marcel simply was amazed by how hard it was. The problem wasn't that he was resorting to 'human' tactics, it was that he wasn't adapting to the different missions, and especially to those he worked with. That was the fault of him and his team. It didn't matter how powerful they got, they were supposed to be capable of facing someone more powerful. Marcel couldn't treat his team like soldiers, he knew that. Hell there was hardly consistent cohesion between the team to treat them like rebels. As a group of mutants who can't work together they would never be able to handle the missions that magneto needs them to do no matter how powerful they got. He finished field stripping his weapons and placed it neatly where he kept it. If Magneto was attempting to give them a chance, he would be the first person to suggest that they get put in a die-or-fly scenario. If they couldn't do this, he'd have to get someone else. "Hell of a way to spend a birthday week." he grumbles before steeping out of his room after god knows how long of trying to get an epiphany.

Guest Djgambrell

As Marcel stepped out Van Kleise stopped for a moment and looked at him. His eyes were those of a determined man. Very different from the kids eyes on his first day. He'd changed over time. No matter how much he didn't like it. "Hey Marcel." He said before continuing to hit the metal. The sound really annoying him.

Guest KevinDWolf93

Marcel smiles and waves at Van. Seeing him puncht he metal sort of made Marcel drop the smile. Dropping his own thoughts, he went over to Van.

"Ya alright?" he asks curiously.

Guest Djgambrell

Van stopped for a moment. Then screaming in anger he put a thick dent in the wall. Breathing heavily he calmed down a little. "I'm great. Just great. How you doin?"

Guest KevinDWolf93

"uh..." Marcel says, watching the whole thing. "Worried for your mental state sorta took over my thoughts" he says, getting close to check on him. He knew Van was likely not hurt physically, but that was the least of worries.

Jack slowly trotted in, his face gleaming in the light.

"What's all this banging?" He muttered, his voice lower then it was a year ago. His anger towards Marcel had manifested even more. It was his fault that they failed, his fault that he had to be hospitalized. If he wasn't hospitalized, he wouldn't have stood over the unguarded tank of boiling adamantium. His fault his face now looked like it did, that his face was no longer a face, it was a mask.

OOC: Mask sorta like that: http://richeart.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/metaface-build-002.jpg

Guest Djgambrell

"uh..." Marcel says, watching the whole thing. "Worried for your mental state sorta took over my thoughts" he says, getting close to check on him. He knew Van was likely not hurt physically, but that was the least of worries.

"Just... Just a lot on my mind. Sorry."

Shin was walking about the area humming a simple tone of old Korean folksongs. He was flipping a Japanese 5 Coin Yen, in which he was given to his parents long time ago. He say the tension rising from the Iron Face Man Jack and Marcel. He wave hi at then knowing the mood of the two. With that he would run up and ask them "Who's up for some pie, I know I am up for some pie, I wonder what kinda pie though, blue berry, apple, cherry either way let get some pie." The whole phrase was said without any breath and instant change of expressions, to happy, curious, delighted, and eager.

Guest KevinDWolf93

"Just... Just a lot on my mind. Sorry."

"Hey were all in this together, I'm here for ya." Marcel says, forcing a smile, something he had gotten better at. He had an idea what the topic would be though. "Not int he mood for pie." marcel says quickly at Armory. he was still barely used to the kook.

Jack turned, at the mention of pie his stomach growled. He smiled, although his face was permanently stuck in that metal, life-less, smirk of a mask. He nodded.

"I-I might be up for some pie Shin." He glanced over at Marcel, glanced at Van, and walked over to Shin.

Guest Djgambrell

"Hey were all in this together, I'm here for ya." Marcel says, forcing a smile, something he had gotten better at. He had an idea what the topic would be though. "Not int he mood for pie." marcel says quickly at Armory. he was still barely used to the kook.

"Don't like pie." Said Van before looking at Marcel. "Well ok. I'll tell ya. But you gotta drop the fake smile." A relaxed guy like Van had enough stupid grins to know a fake one.

Guest Djgambrell

Marcel did so in an instant.

"Sorry, tryin to act like a leader." he sighs.

"And your doin your best. Thats all we can ask. Now as for whats wrong with me? I'm a failure! I'm trying but I'm just a stupid kid. I'm not the soldier you guys need! I can't help it!" Van growled as he spoke. Probably going to hit something again. Recently he'd acquired a bit of an anger problem.

Guest KevinDWolf93

"Hey hey don't go there ok?!" marcel calls, getting really worked up over that statement. The last thing he needed was one of the team thinking that. "Your not a failure ok? it was me. I can't expect you to be a soldier in a few months with just field experience. I was stupid to think that....I realize that as much as we didn't work together I was forcing a style none of you were familiar with." marcel says, now sharing his doubts. "If I get another chance, I'm gonna do my best to work with what I got. In your case a tough kid who can take a hell of a punch." Marcel tries, to boost morale. is at least.

Guest Djgambrell

"I trust you ok. If I didn't I wouldn't listen to you." Van said with a weak smile. "And about that takin a punch... How do your powers feel right now?" Asked Van with an inquiring look.

Shin smiled ans said "Well then let get going and let those friends talk out there troubles, Why we consume greatest food in the world" He then offer his fellow mutant Jack to take the lead toward the Cafe or whatever there when to get food.

Guest KevinDWolf93

"I trust you ok. If I didn't I wouldn't listen to you." Van said with a weak smile. "And about that takin a punch... How do your powers feel right now?" Asked Van with an inquiring look.

Marcel gives a genuine smirk at the confidence Van had in him. He knew he had to do his best not to betray that. As Van asked the question about getting the hang of his powers, Marcel frowns as he thinks back to accidentially discharging an electric blast. He sighs. "I got my basics down to a science, but if I'm gonna still be in charge of this team I really need to get a grasp over what I can really do when push comes to shove. In case any more giant robots come our way" he admits while trying to be sarcastic.

Guest Djgambrell

Van nodded. "Good! Mind doing me a favor? I... Really need some help boss." Asked Van as if desperate.

Guest KevinDWolf93

Marcel steps in closer.

"Umm, sure...long as you don't call me boss." Marcel jokes before continuing. "What is it?"

Guest Djgambrell

"Well I'm an energy absorber right? Since my newest mutation I feel so... empty! I've been hitting the wall for an hour and I usually feel it building up by now. Not this time. I don't feel... anything. I need more! Can you I dunno. Gimme a boost? "