Gambit: 6
Dr. Facilier: 1

Lilandra Neramani vs. Agent L
MATCH SCORE
Lilandra Neramani: 2
Agent L: 4

Camp Half-Blood RP.

OMFG

Going by that logic, it should incarnate not only the ice, but also the ground and everything in the immediate area.

What my point is, is that while light can generate heat, it's not just instantly hot. It heats up over time, and so while it could melt the ice and evaporate the water... it wouldn't do it in one flash of light.

If she only concentrated on the Ice and immediately canceled out the light, then yeah that would happen.

Or, if we wanted to keep things nice and simple BlueFlame could have just said, " Emma bashes the ice with her bow. ".

EDIT: I understand... he could really be more in detail... sorry about going all mathematical on you, Tom. -_-

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest tomisntblue
If she only concentrated on the Ice and immediately canceled out the light, then yeah that would happen.

Or, if we wanted to keep things nice and simple BlueFlame could have just said, " Emma bashes the ice with her bow. ".

EDIT: I understand... he could really be more in detail... sorry about going all mathematical on you, Tom. -_-

It's not the math, or anything else that gets me. What it is is the light wouldn't just be instantly as hot as the sun. Take anything that generates light and turn it out. It's not immediately hot, it gets hot over time. So it wouldn't work light create a flash of light = melted ice and evaporated water.

It's not the math, or anything else that gets me. What it is is the light wouldn't just be instantly as hot as the sun. Take anything that generates light and turn it out. It's not immediately hot, it gets hot over time. So it wouldn't work light create a flash of light = melted ice and evaporated water.

I agree, it would take at least a a couple of minutes for the ice to melt.

Alas, what is said is said, we just have to wait for TBF to correct it or do something else to sort out that little mishap.

Who says it can't be immediately hot? I mean if the power comes from the sun... If you took the heat from the sun (A lot less in this case) and put it on earth it would be immediately hot. Besides it's just ice... I'm never going use the power to burn someone with all the power from the sun. The light is sun light... if you can control that it would be hella powerful and hot immediately if its with in the power. Apollo would have this power to make sun light so Emma would have the power some what but no where as strong however even 1% of 1% of the suns it would be hella hot.

Edit: Also my move wasn't instantly...

Guest tomisntblue
Who says it can't be immediately hot? I mean if the power comes from the sun... If you took the heat from the sun (A lot less in this case) and put it on earth it would be immediately hot. Besides it's just ice... I'm never going use the power to burn someone with all the power from the sun. The light is sun light... if you can control that it would be hella powerful and hot immediately if its with in the power. Apollo would have this power to make sun light so Emma would have the power some what but no where as strong however even 1% of 1% of the suns it would be hella hot.

Edit: Also my move wasn't instantly...

Wake up the moment the sun rises (or stay up that late), go outside and touch the sidewalk, then tell me how hot it is.

Wake up the moment the sun rises (or stay up that late), go outside and touch the sidewalk, then tell me how hot it is.

Yes but if you take the heat from the SUN if it didn't have to travel to earth and go through the atmosphere it be a lot hotter.

Also something I PM Tom was my move took however long it took for it to work... Like most moves in RP do when you don't say exactly how long it would take.

Guest tomisntblue
Yes but if you take the heat from the SUN if it didn't have to travel to earth and go through the atmosphere it be a lot hotter.

But, my entire point (aside from the time thing) is that we're not talking about the heat from the sun, but the light from the sun. And light, no matter the source, is not instantly hot. Anyway, this argument is pointless because all I'm trying to say here is, in the future, try and make things like how long it would take clearer. Even if other people don't do it, it's something that's helpful to do.

Guest tomisntblue
Hey guys can we just continue?

I'm writing my post now (while doing five other things) but if you're trying to defuse an argument, as far as I can tell, there isn't really one. This is just how me and TBF deal with miscommunication, we repeat our sides of the story for as long as it takes for one of us to go, "OH, I get what you mean. Okay. I still think you're wrong, but I understand where you're coming from." The other one then goes on to say, "Well, I know I'm right but as long as you understand what I'm saying, you can go ahead and be wrong".

Guest Djgambrell
I'm writing my post now (while doing five other things) but if you're trying to defuse an argument, as far as I can tell, there isn't really one. This is just how me and TBF deal with miscommunication, we repeat our sides of the story for as long as it takes for one of us to go, "OH, I get what you mean. Okay. I still think you're wrong, but I understand where you're coming from." The other one then goes on to say, "Well, I know I'm right but as long as you understand what I'm saying, you can go ahead and be wrong".

There's no arguement yes but this was kinda pointless as OMFG said it worked and to continue. Also please don't ever argue.

Guest tomisntblue
Tom you forgot Rory.

There's not much he can do at the moment considering the opponent he's being forced to fight hasn't done anything.

Guest Djgambrell
I shot an arrow at him... beside, you are grossly over estimating Rory's competence.

I'm doing the whole your friend believes in you thing. it feels in character.

Guest tomisntblue
I'm doing the whole your friend believes in you thing. it feels in character.

I'm not saying it's wrong, and it opens the door for Rory to get batter. But currently, you're relying on a guy who can hardly life his own sword.

Guest Djgambrell
I'm not saying it's wrong, and it opens the door for Rory to get batter. But currently, you're relying on a guy who can hardly life his own sword.

Manly Justice!

Guest KevinDWolf93

Tom, Gigi had sent one of Emma's speciala rrows your way as Emma made her move. Just sayin cause the action u made wouldnt really compensated for that, givent hat you were focused on the little girl.

Guest tomisntblue
Tom, Gigi had sent one of Emma's speciala rrows your way as Emma made her move. Just sayin cause the action u made wouldnt really compensated for that.

I have a perfectly reasonable explanation for not including your attack... I didn't notice it. -_- I'll edit.

Guest KevinDWolf93
I have a perfectly reasonable explanation for not including your attack... I didn't notice it. -_- I'll edit.

heh s'alright. Though for future refrence on PvP, I do know for one RP I was in awhile back made us write out an OOC statement making a short version of our move including who was doing what to who. Then again Im not sure any other PvP stuffll happen, but its a suggestion if everyone else is confused in the melee.

Guest tomisntblue
Speical Weapon:

Gaunlets of Mimicry: Provides Richard with any weapon of his allies, real or imitation that is up to the gods to decide.

Who has hook swords?