Ken Masters: 4

Guardian (Marvel Comics) vs. Captain Britain
MATCH SCORE
Guardian (Marvel Comics): 0
Captain Britain: 4

Match 9650 The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen vs. Imhotep

Guest callisto

Guest callisto

1924, aboard the Nautilus..."We are almost there" said Captain Nemo, turning away from the controls of his vast submarine, the Nautilus, addressing his fellow team members."Oh, good," replied Alan Quatermain, surveying the charts laid out on the large table, where the other members of the League of Extraordinary Gentleman sat, patiently. "We should go over what little information we have now, then.""Indeed, Mister Quatermain" agreed Nemo. He stood at the head of the table, and spoke, sternly, "As you are all aware, the British government received word that Egypt was under serious threat from a man of mystical origin and terrible power, a man called Imhotep. We were assembled as quickly as possible, and instructed by Bond to do whatever was necessary to stop this man. We - ""Sorry," interrupted Hawley Griffin, the invisible man, only visible to his fellow teammates due to the dressing gown he was wearing. "But, i think i speak for everyone here when i say i was a bit peeved when i got dragged back into this heroic-duty-crap, so suddenly. I mean, we dont even know what this Imfotap is capable of!""Its Imhotep, Mister Griffin, and i would appreciate it if you did not interrupt me again." said Nemo."Yes, your majesty" said Griffin, sarcastically. "As for exactly what Imhotep is capable of, Mister Griffin is not entirely wrong, we have very little information about Imhotep and his power, but what we do know is this: he can not be killed by mortal weapons, for he is not himself mortal, and he can, apparently, control the very sands and waters of Egypt. He also seems to have many followers, not all of them human." explained Nemo. "And, just to clarify, how exactly did we acquire this information?" asked Mina Murry.Quatermain cleared his throat, and said, "The information came with the word that Egypt was under threat, in a letter from a man called Rick O'Connell, who has had first hand experience with this Imhotep fellow, and put him down once before. Obviously, we asked him why he wasnt able to do the same again, and his reply was that he didnt want to risk his new families safety, which myself and Bond agreed was fair enough.""Did you ask how O'Connell put down Imhotep before? And could we not do the same?" inquired Dr Jekyll."We did indeed, but unfortunately the Book of Amun-Ra that contains the spell for making Imhotep mortal, and thus vulnerable to our weapons, was stolen by some of Imhoteps followers, and must be in his possession currently..." said Quatermain, a look of angry defeat in his eyes."Great! So our only hope of killing this bugger is in his bloody hands, thats just perfect, that is." said Griffin, standing up aggressively. "Dammit.""Despite his informality, Mister Griffin is correct." said Nemo. "The man we must destroy hold the only thing that can lead to his destruction. Which means me must either find another way to destroy Imhotep, or risk all out war and try to retrieve the book from him.""I say we go to war with the b*stard, if youll excuse my language. But i honestly dont believe we can afford to waste time doing anything other than getting that book, and stopping this Imhotep." Murry said, firmly."I agree," said Quatermain, "but if we do this, we will need to use all our resources, everything we've got, to bring him down. It will be war, nothing less. And we will have to find a way to retrieve the book without getting caught, else we lose our only chance to beat Imhotep." "I have the men and the firepower to back us up in a war with Imhotep, but we can not simply charge into Cairo, all guns blazing, and just take the book. We will need to be a lot more stealthy than that." said Nemo, and as he did so each of the others turned to face Griffin, who stood by one of the windows, watching fish wiggle their way through the ocean. He turned around, curiously."Oh, no. Not me. Look, just because - " he began, before Murry cut him off."Oh, do stop complaining, Griffin. Its about time you actually contributed to the teams efforts for once." She stood up. "Gentlemen, i am going to ready myself for the coming war now, i suggest you do the same.""Yes. Then meet back here in an hour for a strategy meeting." said Quatermain, standing up and checking his pocket watch. "We'll be arriving soon, Nemo. Why dont you show me exactly what weapons we have at our disposal?"As the different members of the League headed off to prepare themselves for the coming conflict, the Nautilus neared its destination. As it slid, gracefully through the oceans depths, like some silent leviathan, the waters rippled around it in a way that was not quite normal. If one had cared to look closely, one might have been able to see a face in the water. The face of a man. A man who was not at all happy about the people conspiring against him...Imhotep rallied his men. Hundreds of men, devoid of their humanity, filled the streets of Cairo, ready to do their masters bidding. As he sat on a large golden chair in a history museum, pondering these new challengers, Imhotep began to think back, back to better times. He remembered his long lost wife. How he had loved her, and she had loved him. What he wouldnt do to have her back! All he needed was a sacrifice, a woman, a special, beautiful woman... Like the one aboard the underwater ship, she would do!Imhotep had his men arm themselves in preparation for battle, and waited. He waited for these challengers to arrive, he waited for the inevitable war, and he waited for a the beautiful woman, and his wife, his long lost wife... There was nothing Imhotep wouldnt do to have her back. Nothing at all.____________________________________________________________________________________The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, with all the men and weaponry that Nemo has access to on the NautilusvsImhotep, at full power, with several hundred men, armed with guns and swords and whatnot, under his controlThey are essentially at war with each other. The LXG want to somehow get the Book of Amun-Ra and use it to stop Imhotep, and Imhotep wants to sacrifice Mina Murry to get his wife back, and generally kill everyone and commit all the usual acts of villainy. This is in an alternate timeline, where the LXG was formed several years later than in the actual timeline, so all the characters are as they were after the first book, the events of which also happened several years later than in the actual timeline.Who wins and why, CBUBers?! Enjoy...

This is CBUB Match number 9650.

The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen vs. Imhotep

Alan Quartermain could probably beat him all by himself.

Guest skadoosh
Alan Quartermain could probably beat him all by himself.

Quatermain against a full-powered Imhotep? No chance. I wasnt even sure if the whole League could beat Imhotep, but this is an all out war, which evens things out, and raises the stakes.

Well Nemos crew probably have better weapons at their disposal so that helps as for killing Imohtep that might prove tricky, unless the invisible man slips past his guards and nabs the book.

Great match by the way very creative.

Guest skadoosh
Well Nemos crew probably have better weapons at their disposal so that helps as for killing Imohtep that might prove tricky, unless the invisible man slips past his guards and nabs the book.

Great match by the way very creative.

Thanks dude! I thought this was a cool match up, and i was kinda surprised when i found out it hadnt been done. Im pretty sure ive made it nice and even, but you CBUBers will have to decide.

Great and creative set-up, skadoosh. The League has a pretty good shot at taking Imhotep, though the fact that he already knows they're coming really puts the odds against them. Either way, this would a damn entertaining adventure to watch.

One thing, though: I'm pretty sure "bastard" isn't vulgar enough a word to worry about censoring.

Guest skadoosh
Great and creative set-up, skadoosh. The League has a pretty good shot at taking Imhotep, though the fact that he already knows they're coming really puts the odds against them. Either way, this would a damn entertaining adventure to watch.

One thing, though: I'm pretty sure "bastard" isn't vulgar enough a word to worry about censoring.

Thanks dude! I wanted to make sure this was an even match, and that the League didnt just win because theyre the good guys, which is why Imhotep knows theyre coming.

I censor all swearwords, just in case, but thanks.