Lilandra Neramani: 2
Agent L: 4

CBUB Cleanup

Guest Mr. Graves

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, getting away from Alternate Reality characters... let's move onto the next one.

Internet Celebrities and Mascots.

I personally think that these do not belong into the database because they simply do not fit in.

Guys like the Angry Video Game Nerd, the Nostalgia Critic, The Spoony One, Linkara, Salad Fingers, Fred, Rebecca Black.. etc, etc, etc-- just do not have a place here. Aside from their cult following on the internet, what have they done to warrant an entry here?

Have they even been in a movie? Comic book? Game? Literature?

Not that I am certainly aware of.

-Rakai'Thwei

Okay, getting away from Alternate Reality characters... let's move onto the next one.

I personally think that these do not belong into the database because they simply do not fit in.

Guys like the Angry Video Game Nerd, the Nostalgia Critic, The Spoony One, Linkara, Salad Fingers, Fred, Rebecca Black.. etc, etc, etc-- just do not have a place here. Aside from their cult following on the internet, what have they done to warrant an entry here?

-Rakai'Thwei

Rebecca Black vs Fred!

Guest tomisntblue

-Rakai'Thwei

Who the *vulgarity* allowed Rebecca Black in the database? Who added her?

Anyway, I have to agree for the most part. While there could be humorous matches made with some of these characters, I don't think there's enough there to warrant entries. Isn't there a rule against accepting most Celebrities? I think this rule should be extended to Internet Celebrities as well.

Who the *vulgarity* allowed Rebecca Black in the database? Who added her?

Thankfully, no one did.

But some people have tried to add Fred to the database which I just outright denied.

Anyway, I have to agree for the most part. While there could be humorous matches made with some of these characters, I don't think there's enough there to warrant entries. Isn't there a rule against accepting most Celebrities? I think this rule should be extended to Internet Celebrities as well.

I whole heartily concur with this.

-Rakai'Thwei

I agree about internet celebrities. Keep web comic characters if they have a reasonably sized fan base though.

Or flash game characters who legitimately got into the video game industry, like Alien Hominid.

Hmmm, I wonder if Newground's Pico would be allowed in the database.

-Rakai'Thwei

I want to discuss the following duos to be kept. While some duos should be split on the fact that either they are more popular as individuals, are too variable in regards to who would team up, or have no need to have a duo in the first place. I believe there is some merit in keeping the ones that make sense in keeping them together rather than keep them seperate and have the individuals rot.

Electra Woman & Dyna Girl - have we ever seen them seperate for that long? They always seem to take on bad guys together. They split up usually because one gets captured, but they always work together to win in the end.

Harold & Kumar - The two are quite inseperable as they go about their adventures. They even have their movie titles after them. It would be better keeping them together.

Henry Hill, Jimmy Conway, & Tonny DeVito - tThey should be put into the gang that was in the Goodfellas movie.

Jason Hawes & Grant Wilson - Rename to Ghost Hunters. The show involves more then the two of them.

Jay and Silent Bob - Also inseperable. Unlikely that either of them would be used as individuals.

Llyold and Harry - Always seem to do things together.

Mickey and Mallory Knox - Not shown that much seperate.

Martin Riggs and Roger Murtaugh - This is debatable. I just want to bring it up.

Chief Inspector Lee and Detective Carter - The Inspector can easily be used with Jackie Chan. They are basically the same person. Plus may be too hard to seperate with Wikipedia.

Sam and Dean Winchester - Also debatable as both already have seperate entries.

The rest can either be seperated or renamed. with no problems.

I agree about internet celebrities. Keep web comic characters if they have a reasonably sized fan base though.

So does that mean we won't be seeing Jay and Silent bob trying to survive a day in the ScrewAttack headquarters any time soon? I mean they made up their own shenanigans like Nick always breaking something when touched (literally), Jose shooting LOLs with a laser, Ben being a super saiyan and even the entire team meeting their counterparts from another dimension. Unless it is someone like Fred or Nigahiga or even Angry German Kid, they can't make matches. But with someone like ScrewAttack, A.V.G.N. and even Greatest Freakout Ever Kid you can make something up. You can have Jay and Silent Bob trying to live with the Freak Out Kid for a day before they beat him up or the kid kicks their asses or even have A.V.G.N. trying to go up against the Town of Silent Hill with his power of peripherals like the Super Scope and the U-Force. The guys like A.V.G.N. and Freak Out Kid, the ideas are everywhere from fights to "Can you survive ...?" setups and let's a lot of people who are fans have their creativity flow. Even with the most hated teen pop stars like Justin Beiber and Rebecca Black you can make funny as hell matches. Like having them trying to annoy Kyle, Cartman, Kenny and Stan from South Park B)

I got one we can do right now, assuming no one counters my argument. Why do we have DC's Scarecrow and Scarebeast. As far as I know they are the same person. I say can Scarebeast since he hasn't been used.

We also have two entries for DC's Rene Montoya. One seems good enough, put the picture of her as the question on her main profile.

Motaro's Profile needs to be modified.

All the source links are leading to his Wikipedia page. Links 2 and 3 need to be two other external sites...

Motaro

http://www.electricferret.com/cbub/cbubcats/show?cid=5967

I suggest links 2 and 3 be changed to...

Link 2: http://mortalkombat.wikia.com/wiki/Motaro

Link 3: http://www.fightersgeneration.com/characters2/motaro.html

-Rakai'Thwei