Lilandra Neramani vs. Agent L
MATCH SCORE
Lilandra Neramani: 2
Agent L: 4

Rumble 20577 Baraka vs. Kollector
MATCH SCORE
Baraka: 3
Kollector: 2

Dark Knight Rises and Spider-Man Reboot News!

RakaiThwei

So I was browsing around Yahoo and I somehow had stumbled upon this... Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you Andrew Garfield as Spider-Man:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v419/Yautja_Theide/spiderman_new_620.jpg

Ever since word of a "Spider-Man" reboot was announced, fans have been hungry for any scrap of info about the movie. How will this version differ from Sam Raimi's hugely successful franchise? How will Andrew Garfield's Peter Parker stack up against Toby Maguire's? Today, we get an early look at the upcoming flick. The photo, the first released from the movie, shows Parker in Spider-Man's iconic red and blue suit sans mask. His face has been scuffed up and his suit, which is more textured and less sculpted than in Spidey's previous incarnation, looks a bit worse for wear.

Garfield, who was nominated for a Golden Globe for his turn in "The Social Network," admits to being daunted playing the legendary web-slinger.

Source: http://blog.movies.yahoo.com/blog/406-firs...er-man-revealed

Also, Ann Hathaway is hinted to be Catwoman in the Dark Knight Rises:

Crazy rumors about the cast for "The Dark Knight Rises," the third of director Christopher Nolan's Batman films, have been going on for so long that Vulture's Lane Brown gleefully made fun of the phenomenon seven months ago. At that point, the following human beings had been connected to the sequel: Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Johnny Depp, Philip Seymour Hoffman, Angelina Jolie, Cher, Eddie Murphy, Rachel Weisz, Miley Cyrus, Shia LaBeouf and Megan Fox. This is a natural by-product of the Internet and of the massive success of "The Dark Knight," which Nolan turned into one of the biggest hits of all time, in some effect, through the casting of the late Heath Ledger as The Joker. This is the most prestigious, profitable franchise in Hollywood, and everyone wants a part.

And today, for the first time, after all the rumors have dissipated, we know who the villains in "The Dark Knight Rises" will be. Warner Bros just announced that Anne Hathaway will play Selina Kyle, and that Tom Hardy, of Nolan's "Inception," will play Bane. Christian Bale will be back as Batman, and Nolan has said this will be his final Batman film.

Hathaway was one of the many actresses rumored to be auditioning for the film last week (a group that reportedly included Jessica Biel and Keira Knightley), and apparently she won over Nolan. (That she's at the apex of her career, with her Oscar co-hosting duties next month, doesn't hurt either.) This is the first time we've learned that Selina Kyle -- who is more commonly known as "Catwoman" -- will be a part of the film. It is definitely worth noting that the Warner Bros. release never says the word "Catwoman." That could mean that Hathaway will be playing Kyle before she turns into Catwoman, or that they're trying to establish some distance from Halle Berry's widely panned performance in her "Catwoman" spinoff in 2004, or that the studio is trying to play a little coy with the announcement of an iconic Batman love-interest-villain.

Source: http://blog.movies.yahoo.com/blog/435-anne...new-selina-kyle

-Rakai'Thwei

I must admit, Garfield isn't a bad looking Spidey at all.

And it's gonna be interesting to see if Anne Hathaway can pull off a rich bad girl. I know she got an Oscar nod for portraying a drug addict, but Selina Kyle's a different thing altogether.

Guest bigballerju

Yea when I found out about the Batman villians I went damn that third movie will be awesome.

Can you imagine how great a Nolen Catwoman and Bane is going to be?

I'm just glad Bane is going to be in the movie.

Also, I hope the new Spidey movie doesn't tell his origin again. Or if it does, it better do it in a 5 minute montage (at max). Get on with the movie!

Guest TheJ0ke
A flash back would also work.

Oh good god no! I've had it with flashback movies! I honestly don't think I've seen a movie from the last five years that actually used that tool properly. All it seems to be used for nowadays is giving writers and directors free license to be as lazy as they like.

I must admit, Garfield isn't a bad looking Spidey at all.

And it's gonna be interesting to see if Anne Hathaway can pull off a rich bad girl. I know she got an Oscar nod for portraying a drug addict, but Selina Kyle's a different thing altogether.

I agree, he makes a good Peter. Thing is, it's the suit I'm not to crazy for. I am pretty open minded, and i wondered what creative changes they'd make with the new uniform, and I have to admit, I'm not to crazy for it... Maybe it'll grow on me...

I'm just glad Bane is going to be in the movie.

Also, I hope the new Spidey movie doesn't tell his origin again. Or if it does, it better do it in a 5 minute montage (at max). Get on with the movie!

Isn't the movie going to be focusing on him during his high school phase? If by origin, you mean in his youthful days of Senior High, then yeah, it is focused on that. If by origin you mean the whole spider bite phase... I hope they make it quick.

Nah. I'm okay with the high school age. Just don't have Peter start out without powers, introduce Unlce Ben, etc.

Basically, get on with the movie from the start. This is Spider Man. We know about his powers, and about Uncle Ben's death. Just start the story.