Killjoy: 2
The Leprechaun: 0

Rumble 20545 Team Fortress 2 vs. Inhumanoids
MATCH SCORE
Team Fortress 2: 0
Inhumanoids: 3

Match 20538 Cameron Poe vs. Castor Troy

image.jpeg.db534513a84107530b0e912ac38fe487.jpeg

Cameron Poe approached airport security with his wife, Tricia, and his daughter, Casey, in tow.  As they got closer, Cameron briefly hesitated.

“What’s wrong, daddy?” asked Casey.

“I know it might sound silly, but I’m still a little uneasy about getting back on a plane. I thought I wouldn’t be, but it’s hitting me hard now,” Cameron answered.

“But this isn’t some prison plane, it will be full of normal people,” Tricia insisted. “It might seem hard at first but I think this trip will really be good for all of us, help put the past year behind us;.”

Cameron Poe looked at his wife tenderly and nodded. Just as he started to walk again he was quickly approached by three police officers.

“Is there something wrong?” asked Tricia.

“Sir, I’m going to need you to get down and the ground and put your hands behind your head,” the officer demanded.

“What?”

The police officers drew their weapons. “Down now!”

Cameron was very confused, but complied and went to the floor.

“Daddy?”

Fear and anger rose up inside Tricia. “What is going on here?!?”

“M’am are you an accomplice to this criminal?” another one of the officers asked.

Tricia was indignant. “My husband is not a criminal. He served his time, this is a mistake.”

"It's okay, honey," Cameron said in an assorted tone. "Just stay calm. I'll sort this out. Take Casey and wait for me."

Cameron allowed himself to be handcuffed and lead away. He sat alone for what felt like an eternity in an interrogation room until finally the door opened and in walked a man with dark hair and a nice suit.

“Hello, Mr. Poe, I am FBI Special Agent Sean Archer,” the man said.

“What the hell? The FBI? This whole thing is a big misunderstanding. I am not a criminal, I served my time and was released,” stated Cameron.

“I know. I am well aware of your exploits, Mr. Poe. I read your file. You are an honorably discharged Army Ranger who served eight years in prison for accidentally killing a man in defense of your wife. You were on that infamous prison transport airplane that crashed in Las Vegas last summer. By all accounts, you are a true hero.”

“Then why am I here?” Cameron asked with annoyance.

“I must apologize for that,” Sean replied. “It was simply a case of mistaken identity. The officers that arrested you were convinced that you were a terrorist for hire by the name of Castor Troy.”

Cameron Poe was confused.

“The actual Castor Troy is in custody in a coma, but that isn’t exactly common knowledge,” Sean explained. “When I saw your picture I had to come see for myself. I have to admit the resemblance is amazing.”

“That’s all fine and good for you but am I free to go now?’ asked Cameron. “I have my family waiting for me and a vacation to go on.”

image.jpeg.8e344a6a3c8d474020932a3ee8ef7510.jpeg

Sean Archer sat down across from Cameron. “Actually, I was going to ask for your help. Before we took him down, Troy admitted to planting a bomb in the city and we are running out of time to track it down.”

“That’s horrible, but what does that have to do with me?”

“As I said, Castor Troy is in a coma so we can’t ask him and the only other people who know are his crew who also won’t talk to us,” Sean informed. “They also don’t know that we have Castor in custody so if we can get someone to ask them that they think is Castor we may have a shot to stop this,”

Cameron immediately shook his head. “No, no way. I don’t work for the FBI.”

“I know, I know. I wouldn’t ask you if I wasn’t desperate and I wouldn’t ask you if I thought you couldn’t handle the danger. But look at you, you took down a plane of escaped convicts,” Sean declared.

“I almost missed out on being with my family before, I can’t risk doing that again,” Cameron insisted.

“I get it. I’m a family man myself. I… I lost my son because of Castor Troy. I’m afraid I could lose my daughter, Jamie, because of him. I don’t know where that bomb is, it could be by her school. You have a daughter, Poe, what if we find out the bomb is located by her school or somewhere nearby where she is but it’s too late to stop it?”

The thought of losing Casey hit Cameron Poe hard in the chest and he got emotional. “You can’t be asking me to do this. You shouldn’t be asking me to do this.”

“I know I shouldn’t, but I am.”

Cameron Poe reluctantly agreed to help. Poe’s family went ahead on their planned vacation and Cameron promised to join them as soon as he could. Sean Archer took a couple of days to help Cameron fully transform into Castor Troy and Cameron was able to successfully infiltrate Castor Troy’s hideout. It took another couple of days for the henchmen to fully believe he was Castor, but once they did, they resumed their bombing mission. 

As soon as he was alone in the hideout, Cameron called Sean with the information that he learned. When he looked at his phone, Sean was already calling him.

“You have to get out of there now!” Sean shouted.

“What?”

“Castor Troy woke up and he escaped custody. The whole operation is compromised. You need to get out of there before they realize you aren’t who you say you are.”

Cameron hung up and turned around to see the very man he had been imitating.

Castor Troy chucked. “Would have never expected to run into myself. What other tricks is Archer hiding?”

"Don't do anything crazy," Poe warned.

"Shows how little you actually know me." 

Both men grabbed for their guns and jumped for cover as a shootout began.

Nic Cage vs Nic Cage. My God why hasn’t anyone thought of it before?

So I’ve seen both Face/Off and Con Air and I enjoyed both movies a great deal. That said I must admit that I am leaning toward’s Cameron Poe mostly because of my mother. See she and my Dad first saw Con Air a few months after I was born and whilst my Dad mostly remembers it as a standard action movie, my Mom was completely enraptured by the subplot of Poe being taken away from his daughter before she was born and trying to protect the stuffed bunny he intends to give to her. To this she day she says Con Air is her favorite movie and bawls her eyes out every time she sees that ending scene of Poe finally meeting his daughter and giving her the bunny. So yeah I kinda feel obligated to vote Cameron Poe.

Match Final Results

Member Ratings:
5.00 - Boratz
4.00 - Pizza Guy

FPA Calculation:
2 Total Votes cast
9.00 Total Combined Score
9.00 / 2 = 4.50 Final Rating on the match

MATCH SCORE
Cameron Poe: 3
Castor Troy: 0