Helena Shaw: 2
Lori Quaid: 3

Rumble 20533 Demoman vs. Ogra
MATCH SCORE
Demoman: 0
Ogra: 3

Match 20401 Ace (Class Zero) vs. Yugi Mutou

image.jpeg.39d174ee2638ec28a12d04a1a570fbba.jpeg

Gambit, Yugi Mutou, and Ace watched intently the fight between Zuo Ci and Oswald. Several large cards swirled around Zuo Ci as he battled against his dapper opponent. Zuo Ci shot them at the retired hitman. Oswald used his incredible agility and dexterity to avoid the attack by spinning around to avoid the cards. Zuo Chi changed tactics and the cards fell to the ground spawning specters of warriors from the Three Kingdoms era of China. Oswald was unphased by the display of wizardry and went to work dispatching Zuo Ci’s specters. With a quick flick of the wrist, Oswald threw out his own playing cards like they were shuriken at the ghostly warriors, cutting through and disintegrating them with ruthless precision. Oswald clocked Zuo Ci watching him with a serene confidence as he finished off the Taoist magician’s summoned army. He decided to put his all into a surprise attack to take command of the fight. Oswald twirled toward Zuo Ci and unleashed his strongest technique, the Royal Flush attack.

“I’ve got you now,” he declared.

Oswald threw every card in his deck at Zuo Ci in quick succession, each card lodging into Zuo Ci’s body like axes in a log. Suddenly, Zuo Ci dissipated into vapors revealing itself to be another specter. The real Zuo Ci appeared behind Oswald.

“Not quite,” he retorted.

He knocked Oswald off his feet and into the air with a large tornado style gust of wind. Zuo Ci’s large cards swirled around him at a great speed producing an ethereal purple glow. The purple energy exploded on contact with the falling Oswald. Zuo Ci walked forward, using great concentration to keep the energy ring produced by his cards around him. He used the ring of energy to juggle Oswald in the air for several seconds, before finally letting him fall to the ground. Oswald, in great pain and discomfort, conceded the fight.

“You may have seen a lot in your time, but you require much more experience to fight against the likes of me,” stated Zuo Ci.

Gambit clapped his hands. “Bravo. Bravo. Oswald, you might be an even quicker dealer den me, but it did not save you here. Zuo Ci hit you with the gris-gris.”

Oswald grumbled his discontent.

“Ok. Ace, Yugi, tis your time to shine,” Gambit announced.

Ace stepped forward. He was still weary of the situation he had found himself in but remained interested in seeing how good a fighter Gambit was. Also after what he had just witnessed,, he wanted a chance to test his training against Zuo Ci. Yugi did not move.

“I believe I was invited here by mistake,” Yugi protested. “I’m not a fighter, I’m a duelist.”

“No need to fret, mon ami. Fight with what you have. All dem monster cards are legal in dis tournament,” Gambit reassured.

“But Duel Monsters cards are meant to duel against other Duel Monster cards. Casting them against a human could be very dangerous,” Yugi insisted.

“I’m an Agito cadet,” Ace corrected. “Raised and trained specifically for war. I have fought against all sorts of monsters and giant mechs, your cards don’t intimidate me.”

“You see, no need to hold back here,” said Gambit. “And Ace will only target your deck since you are clearly no fighter yourself. But, you should also know that this won’t be turn-based combat. You better be ready to think on your feet and be aggressive. If Ace reaches you while you're going through your cards, tis game over. Sound good?”

“Works for me,” confirmed Ace.

Thinking of it as a unique way to work on his dueling strategy actually excited Yugi and some confidence began to rise inside him.

“Ok I’ll do it,” he exclaimed.

Cool, a match where a duelist uses cards for combat.

I give the setup a 5.0.

Match Final Results

Member Ratings:
5.00 - Boratz
4.20 - Pizzaguy2995
5.00 - Venom 2009

FPA Calculation:
3 Total Votes cast
14.20 Total Combined Score
14.20 / 3 = 4.73 Final Rating on the match

MATCH SCORE
Ace (Class Zero): 4