Slot: The Team's Christmas Themed Character
Season Wins: 2
Season Losses: 1
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about Polar Express at this Wiki
Official Site: Warner Bros. Pictures

Battle Terrain
Christmas Vs. Halloween: Role Reversal

The Phantom worked in a traveling show and has fairly powerful political contacts he could tap. So he could in theory mount a polar expedition. On the other hand I don't see any way for the Polar Express to hide in The Opera House.

Heh, didn't get much sleep last night. How tired have I been today? So tired I forgot to log out this afternoon. :D 

Anyways, it seems at least one of my picks is finally getting some tough terrains. I'll get back to this. 

Okay, here goes ... 

The Phantom's main job is to make sure the opera will keep the audience enthralled. While on the Polar Express, between the refreshments with accompanying show and the adventures that come along with the ride, the guests are certain to never have a dull moment. 

On 1/26/2024 at 2:00 PM, RiotGear said:

The Phantom worked in a traveling show and has fairly powerful political contacts he could tap. So he could in theory mount a polar expedition.

I'm not sure the Phantom's contacts could deal with all the logistical, monetary, etc. difficulties of transporting kids from all over the world to the North Pole would entail, especially since the Phantom tends to be the brooding, reclusive type to begin with.

Really not sure how a train is supposed to haunt an old public theatre that is much smaller than the train itself. I get that the Phantom will definitely struggle with finding a way to transport a large group of children to the North Pole but at least it’s within the realm of possibility that he could rent a train to take them up north.

On 1/27/2024 at 5:24 PM, DSkillz said:

Okay, here goes ... 

The Phantom's main job is to make sure the opera will keep the audience enthralled. While on the Polar Express, between the refreshments with accompanying show and the adventures that come along with the ride, the guests are certain to never have a dull moment. 

I'm not sure the Phantom's contacts could deal with all the logistical, monetary, etc. difficulties of transporting kids from all over the world to the North Pole would entail, especially since the Phantom tends to be the brooding, reclusive type to begin with.

The Phantom's main goal was to teach Christine to sing and marry her. Secondary and because of those motivation he sought to control who sang and keep his box, he did so through murder and extortion. On top of that keeping up the illusion that he was a ghost and staying hidden seemed to be his goals.

Very little if any of that is something the Polar Express could do. Even if his main job was to keep the Opera's audience enthralled. That's not something the Polar Express can do at the Opera House itself and stealing the Opera's audience isn't going to help with that goal.

The Phantom basically built the underground catacombs by himself and traveled the world building palaces, he has ties to national leaders. On top of a history with traveling shows, that traveled in northern Europe. So he's got experience with the cold, with massive logistical undertakings, and financiers if he needs them.

Remember the tracks existed separate from the Polar Express. So the Opera Ghost could just follow them.