Slot: The Team's Athlete
Season Wins: 1
Season Losses: 1
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about Captain America at this Wiki
Official Site: Marvel

Battle Terrain
Team Athlete Challenge: Office Chair

Ah, Umpire really want's to see this through. If there was any match that these two got paired in that I would be confident Sgt. Angel would win, it would be this one.

Man, I'm pretty sure we wouldn't be having quite so many close votes and ties if more people overall voted. 

1 hour ago, IKA said:

Ah, Umpire really want's to see this through. If there was any match that these two got paired in that I would be confident Sgt. Angel would win, it would be this one.

Unlikely. Cap's faster, stronger, more agile, and bulkier than Angel. 

Steve can run at 60 mph, bench 1,100 lbs., and the city is basically his jungle gym. I don't see Angel outpacing Steve or bumping him off-balance. 

20 minutes ago, DSkillz said:

Man, I'm pretty sure we wouldn't be having quite so many close votes and ties if more people overall voted. 

Unlikely. Cap's faster, stronger, more agile, and bulkier than Angel. 

Steve can run at 60 mph, bench 1,100 lbs., and the city is basically his jungle gym. I don't see Angel outpacing Steve or bumping him off-balance. 

If this was a foot race all of that would matter, but not in an office chair race. 

25 minutes ago, IKA said:

If this was a foot race all of that would matter, but not in an office chair race. 

As demonstrated, Slade Cap still has more leg power and balance, not to mention that he's bulkier. I could see him knocking Angel over if they collide, and staying ahead of him. 

5 minutes ago, DSkillz said:

As demonstrated, Slade still has more leg power and balance, not to mention that he's bulkier. I could see him knocking Angel over if they collide, and staying ahead of him. 

Slade? You're arguing for a competitor not even in this race. 

It's not about power it's about the stride and at the end of Hot Fuzz they had to fill out a considerable amount of paper work. What were they using? Office chairs. Sgt. Angel has the experience necessary to win this race.

42 minutes ago, IKA said:

Slade? You're arguing for a competitor not even in this race. 

Ugh. That's what I get for debating both picks back-to-back. 

42 minutes ago, IKA said:

It's not about power it's about the stride and at the end of Hot Fuzz they had to fill out a considerable amount of paper work. What were they using? Office chairs.

Thing is, as I pointed out, Steve's leg power grants him incredible speed, and I'd have to imagine that a big part of scooting along in a rolling chair with small wheels is in the power of your legs. Given his great agility, he's also unlikely to fall over. 

Also, I'm not sure if scooting around in chairs at work is enough to navigate a mile-long race, especially against someone as physically superior as Cap. Unless Angel's actually compete in an office chair race, I'm not sure his office time equates to experience at this thing. 

7 hours ago, DSkillz said:

Ugh. That's what I get for debating both picks back-to-back. 

Thing is, as I pointed out, Steve's leg power grants him incredible speed, and I'd have to imagine that a big part of scooting along in a rolling chair with small wheels is in the power of your legs. Given his great agility, he's also unlikely to fall over. 

Also, I'm not sure if scooting around in chairs at work is enough to navigate a mile-long race, especially against someone as physically superior as Cap. Unless Angel's actually compete in an office chair race, I'm not sure his office time equates to experience at this thing. 

It does with the considerable amout of paperwork he had to fill out.

Also no leg strength has nothing to do with it's all about the stride and motion, it's all in the ankles. Given that Sgt Angel runs to work in the morning he has the endurance to succeed.

He's taken down bigger men in silly ways before, this will be no different.

36 minutes ago, IKA said:

It does with the considerable amout of paperwork he had to fill out.

I'm doubting that equates to the training required to do a mile-long chair race.  I imagine training for it also requires a certain buildup of stamina, of which Cap already has virtually no limit of. 

39 minutes ago, IKA said:

Also no leg strength has nothing to do with it's all about the stride and motion, it's all in the ankles. Given that Sgt Angel runs to work in the morning he has the endurance to succeed.

Lol, you're trying to claim that Angel can match Cap in anything physical?

Like I mentioned, Steve is physically peak human. His body builds up virtually no lactic acid, which means he almost never tires.

And speaking of strides, Cap is 6'2" to Angel's (considering he's played by Simon Pegg) 5'10". Since Cap's taller, he also has longer ankles and, and since he's proven to be even more of a natural athlete than Angel, will have more graceful movement and therefore have longer strides and more fluid movement, even while sitting in an office chair. 

2 hours ago, DSkillz said:

I'm doubting that equates to the training required to do a mile-long chair race. 

As someone who works where I have to fill out a considerable amount of paperwork It does equate. Plus as I mentioned he runs to work every day. He's got this.

He may be shorter, but as with most competitions Cap's muscleake him less areodynamic. 

7 hours ago, IKA said:

As someone who works where I have to fill out a considerable amount of paperwork It does equate. Plus as I mentioned he runs to work every day. He's got this.

Dude, there's a world of difference between scooting along a mile-long track and scooting along the much-smaller confines of an office. It's kind of like saying that just because you run every day, you're capable of beating a beyond-top flight athlete in a mile-long track race. 

Cap runs every day himself, as well as works out in general and takes on supervillains on a daily basis. Angel has no advantage there. 

7 hours ago, IKA said:

He may be shorter, but as with most competitions Cap's muscleake him less areodynamic. 

Less aerodynamic, you say? Note how easily Cap jumps through this narrow opening in the wall. 

1 hour ago, DSkillz said:

Cap runs every day himself, as well as works out in general and takes on supervillains on a daily basis. Angel has no advantage there. 

Quick, give me a scan of him scooting in an office chair! Sgt. Angel, if you can't it's clear Angel has more experience here 

2 hours ago, DSkillz said:

This has nothing to do with aerodynamics.

2 hours ago, IKA said:

Quick, give me a scan of him scooting in an office chair! Sgt. Angel, if you can't it's clear Angel has more experience here 

Unless you can provide footage of Angel himself scooting around in a more open space than the small confines of an office, that doesn't seem all that relevant. 

2 hours ago, IKA said:

This has nothing to do with aerodynamics.

Ah, but you were the one that mentioned this: 

12 hours ago, IKA said:

I merely pointed out that Cap's musculature doesn't limit his mobility in the least. Do aerodynamics somehow only apply to Angel?

Unless you can provide footage of Angel himself scooting around in a more open space than the small confines of an office, that doesn't seem all that relevant. 

No all I need to provide is Angel using an office chair even at all, this will show he has experience with office chairs. You need to show cap has that same experience. 

Ah, but you were the one that mentioned this: 

I merely pointed out that Cap's musculature doesn't limit his mobility in the least. Do aerodynamics somehow only apply to Angel?

I meant the scan you show'd had nothing to do with aerodynamics. If cap were a car, he'd be a Jeep Wrangler.

74774c99ce3297929d0cb7d17a6ff782.png

Here Sgt. Angel is showing his skill with office chairs while also doing police work. How nice.

• Haha 1

Okay ... 

On 1/11/2024 at 9:00 PM, IKA said:

No all I need to provide is Angel using an office chair even at all, this will show he has experience with office chairs. You need to show cap has that same experience. 

Heh, not when Angel's apparently only shown in an office chair doing this: 😆 

On 1/11/2024 at 9:03 PM, IKA said:

Here Sgt. Angel is showing his skill with office chairs while also doing police work. How nice.

On 1/11/2024 at 9:03 PM, IKA said:
On 1/11/2024 at 9:00 PM, IKA said:

I meant the scan you show'd had nothing to do with aerodynamics. If cap were a car, he'd be a Jeep Wrangler.

74774c99ce3297929d0cb7d17a6ff782.png

As Cap has shown, his musculature doesn't slow him down in the least. 

5 hours ago, DSkillz said:

Okay ... 

Heh, not when Angel's apparently only shown in an office chair doing this: 😆 

One showing is better than no showing.

7 hours ago, IKA said:

One showing is better than no showing.

He's literally just sitting there on the phone. 😄 Someone paralyzed from the waist down could do the same thing, but they definitely wouldn't win an office chair race. 

He's literally just sitting there on the phone. 😄 Someone paralyzed from the waist down could do the same thing, but they definitely wouldn't win an office chair race. 

Bit presumptuous. Still haven't seen a feat from Cap that matches this.

8 hours ago, IKA said:

Bit presumptuous. Still haven't seen a feat from Cap that matches this.

Of him sitting down and taking a phone call? 😄 Playing secretary≠experience for a race.