Slot: The Team's Vehicle
Season Wins: 1
Season Losses: 0
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about Storm Blaster at this Wiki
Official Site: Saban

Battle Terrain
Vehicle Challenge: Daytona 500

Given that Stormblaster can cross interstellar distances, making it to Earth from an unknown star system, in like a day at most.  As seen in the Power Rangers in Space episode True Blue to the rescue, unless Ratchet has similar feats, I think Storm Blaster has this.

3 hours ago, Nesh said:

Given that Stormblaster can cross interstellar distances, making it to Earth from an unknown star system, in like a day at most.  As seen in the Power Rangers in Space episode True Blue to the rescue, unless Ratchet has similar feats, I think Storm Blaster has this.

True, but their seems to be difference in speed between its space travel and how it travels and on the ground. As I don't think we ever see Storm Blaster travel faster than a regular car on the road. Infact we see people, I'll be it Rangers, keep up with by running, over short distances.

Storm Blaster is also kinda finicky and temperamental, in the personality department and this is a 500 mile race. That takes patience.

12 minutes ago, RiotGear said:

True, but their seems to be difference in speed between its space travel and how it travels and on the ground. As I don't think we ever see Storm Blaster travel faster than a regular car on the road. Infact we see people, I'll be it Rangers, keep up with by running, over short distances.

Storm Blaster is also kinda finicky and temperamental, in the personality department and this is a 500 mile race. That takes patience.

Yeah, but it can fly, as long as it follows the track that should be fine, and even if its ground speed is slower that's still an option.

7 minutes ago, RiotGear said:

Most races require you to stay on the track, sometimes in specific lanes.

Fair.  Now, we don't know why Storm Blaster is so much slower on the ground.  Perhaphs to prevent enviornmental damage.  We know it can go faster than a normal car, and here it's not constrained by plot.

On 12/22/2023 at 12:07 AM, Nesh said:

Fair.  Now, we don't know why Storm Blaster is so much slower on the ground.  Perhaphs to prevent enviornmental damage.  We know it can go faster than a normal car, and here it's not constrained by plot.

It's a fair assessment to make that things travel differently in space when compared to a place with atmosphere in bound (Superman has this limitation (sometimes), and I know for a fact Gigan, King Ghidorah, MOGUERA and SpaceGodzilla travel way faster in space than in atmosphere so as to not burn it and cause total human destruction.) I think it's fair to say if something hasn't showcased the ability to do it, it very well can't. As long as it's not taken to it's logical extreme of course (people that aren't showcased eating in media have no need for food at all)

I mean physics dictates that Storm Blaster had to accelerate up to those FTL speeds and there's no reason to think it can't do that on the ground as well as in the air/

5 hours ago, Nesh said:

I mean physics dictates that Storm Blaster had to accelerate up to those FTL speeds and there's no reason to think it can't do that on the ground as well as in the air/

Friction and atmosphere effect speed/acceleration. We also don't know how Storm Blasters FTL works, it may not even require traditional acceleration. Also as you mentioned above even if it could Storm Blaster may not do a for environmental concerns, concerns that would still exist here. The race is on earth with an audience.

That said we have no reason to believe that Storm Blaster can go any faster on the ground than we've seen him go.

And once again this is an endurance race that takes patience and strategy. Something that Ratchet a combat medic is medic is comfortable with. Storm Blaster on the other hand. Is actually kinda impatient and rash.

7 minutes ago, RiotGear said:

Friction and atmosphere effect speed/acceleration. We also don't know how Storm Blasters FTL works, it may not even require traditional acceleration. Also as you mentioned above even if it could Storm Blaster may not do a for environmental concerns, concerns that would still exist here. The race is on earth with an audience.

That said we have no reason to believe that Storm Blaster can go any faster on the ground than we've seen him go.

And once again this is an endurance race that takes patience and strategy. Something that Ratchet a combat medic is medic is comfortable with. Storm Blaster on the other hand. Is actually kinda impatient and rash.

Why do we have no reason to believe he can go faster when we've seen it go faster?  You're relying on PIS.  The FTL isn't teleportation and thus requires accelation.  You're just coming up with bullshit to write off the best feat. It being an endurance race doesn't matter when it can finish it in less than a second, especially when it only needs a fraction of its full top speed to win.

17 minutes ago, Nesh said:

Why do we have no reason to believe he can go faster when we've seen it go faster?  You're relying on PIS.  The FTL isn't teleportation and thus requires accelation.  You're just coming up with bullshit to write off the best feat. It being an endurance race doesn't matter when it can finish it in less than a second, especially when it only needs a fraction of its full top speed to win.

It's not BS we never see him go faster than highway speeds, while traveling on the ground. Really it's you making up feats, assuming he can do things he hasn't shown the ability to.

Once again we don't know the nature of the FTL, it could fold space, creat wormholes, or otherwise travel outside our understanding of time and space. This avoiding the kind of acceleration you are talking about.

Remember a lot of real world vehicles have different travel speeds depending on environment. The world's fastest boat doesn't go very fast on land, something for a super sonic fighter jet.

I had a pretty long day today, and frankly I'm surprised I'm awake enough to post right now, lol. 

I don't see Storm Blaster being able to stay along the Daytona track at FTL speeds, so I'd have to assume it would have to race at normal speeds for a jeep. I think a normal jeep is about as fast and more maneuverable than an ambulance, but in a race this long, strategy, fuel management, etc. may be factors. In that case, it may come down to Energon vs. whatever fuel the Storm Blaster uses. 

So, I'm not sure on this one, lol.