Brigade: 1

Waspinator vs. Grumble Bee
MATCH SCORE
Waspinator: 3
Grumble Bee: 2

Match 19933 Lily (Street Fighter) vs. Talim

JohnnyChany

image.jpeg.6afd25154479b0ad2d3a1387b26a5302.jpeg

Inside a luxurious ballroom, two rich and ambitious young women sat across from each other at a table, each one with their phones out scribbling down names on their note apps. On one side of the table was Karin Kanzuki jotting down ideas for invitations for Capcom characters for the next Capcom vs. SNK tournament. On the opposite end, her counterpart, Rose Bernstein, was doing the same thing with SNK characters that she believed should be invited.

Karin looked up for a moment. “I believe you were right to shift our focus on the roster first, but I think we should go over who we have locked down so far before we get lost in the trees. We can’t invite everyone so we should keep a running head count.”

“Alright.”

“As of now we have Ryu, Ken, Chun-Li, Cammy, Kyo, Terry, and Mai Shiranui. Also that fighting fortune teller, Rouge, who uses those stone power ups and defeated Pullum Purna to earn her spot,” Karin recapped.

“Don’t forget that scary marine lady,” Rose reminded.

“Ah yes, Lt. Linn Kurosawa, that makes 10 so far,” said Karin.

“I’m still unsure if it is a wise move to invest the amount of money it will take to allow her to be in our tournament.,” Rose admitted.

“In defeating Maki, she has proven herself a strong fighter,” Karin reasoned. “And I stand by the fact that she will bring a wider audience to our tournament. She will be worth every penny.”

“Then of our ten invitations thus far, six are from Capcom and only four are from SNK,” Rose pointed out. “That means it is my turn to choose.”

Karin furrowed her brow. “Hold on a minute, I didn’t choose Rouge or Lt. Kurosawa, they earned their invitations through fighting after insisting that they get selected.”

“Regardless, the imbalance still stands.”

“Before you begin rattling off names, there is someone I want to ACTUALLY nominate for the Capcom side,” Karin interjected. “I think it is important to involve some new blood and show off the next generation in our tournament. To that point, I want to invite Lily. She is a fresh face and also has a unique skill set with her wind abilities that I think will really set her apart. She has a connection to longtime Street Fighter alum, T. Hawk, and she is as cute as a button.”

Karin flipped to a picture of Lily on her phone and showed it to Rose.

“Yeah, I’ve definitely never heard of her, but I will admit she is cute, in a plain sort of way,” stated Rose.

Karin took her phone back and flipped to another picture of Lily in an alternate outfit showing pride in her Mexican heritage and displayed it for Rose.

image.jpeg.00f19a62a0dbec7153ef42022a6fc02f.jpeg

“This is the outfit that she has been fighting in lately and I’m a big fan. She looks super cute and also ready to throw down.”

Rose’s eyes widened. “Wait a minute, I DO know this girl. Well, at least I know of her.”

“Really?”

Rose nodded. “Yeah, Haohmaru was telling me about her.”

“Hoahmaru… the samurai? How does he know her?”

“He got invited to their contest over the Soul Edge sword or whatever.” Rose started flipping through the photos on her own phone. “He was telling me about it during the King of Fighters 15 tournament.”

“What are you talking about?”

“Here it is.” Rose displayed a picture of Talim on her phone for Karin.

“That’s not Lily!”

Rose looked over the picture again. “Wait, I guess it’s not. I just remember Haohmaru telling me about fighting this young girl in pigtails with wind powers and when I saw that picture, I thought it might be the same girl. You do have to admit they look very similar.”

Karin disagreed. “No, they don’t. At most they have similar hairstyles and similar color patterns in their clothing with Lily’s new alternate look. But there is no way you should be confusing the two.”

“You think so?”

“Yes!”

Karin used her phone to do some quick research on the girl shown to her by Rose. “It says here that Talim is nicknamed the Last Priestess of the Winds, she fights with elbow blades, and is from the Philippines region.”

Rose lifted her arms in the air. “Thank you for making my point. They are like the same person.”’

Karin was annoyed. “Just to reiterate, Lily is from an indigenous tribe in Mexico, her sombrero looks nothing like Talim’s hat, she wears boots not sandals, and she fights with pogamoggans, not elbow blades!"

“I still get strong similar vibes from both of them,” Rose insisted.

“That is very rude. I’m beginning to understand why you don’t have many friends,” Karin observed. 

Rose was dismissive. “Whatever. If that wind girl can’t beat this wind girl, I don’t want her in our tournament. We are setting a standard for only inviting the very best, are we not?”

“What?”

“You heard me.”

Karin sighed. “Very well. Contact Haohmaru and see if he can get in touch with Talim and convince her to partake in this exhibition. We can’t offer her a spot if she wins for obvious reasons, but she may enjoy meeting Lily.”

“Should not be a problem.” Rose turned to her phone. “However, if I am going to ask for a favor from Haohmaru, he is going to want something in return.”

“Like what?”

“Strong Samurai Shodown representation in our Capcom vs. SNK tournament,” answered Rose.

Karin shrugged. “I had already assumed he and Nakoruru were shoo-ins.”

“He is going to want more than just two representatives,” Rose informed.

“We can cross that bridge when we get there,” said Karin.

“Then it is settled. Get a hold of that Lily girl and we will find out if she measures up,” Rose declared.

image.jpeg.b3e83add74322691f608d09391142433.jpeg

Good set-up, Johnny, and another good match-up of similar characters. 

I keep hearing that much of Lily's aesthetic is heavily based on this Talim girl. In fact, Lily's most recent outfit is pretty reminiscent of Talim's. They also both have wind powers, similar personalities, and are probably about the same age (though there's a certain faction of the 'Net that tries to say Lily's 19 🙄; I don't buy it, myself). 

As for the match, while both uses weapons and have control of the wind, it looks like Talim's more focused and doesn't have her clumsy moments like Lily does. She also seems to have more combat experience, so on-balance, Talim would probably win. 

On 12/22/2023 at 7:04 PM, DSkillz said:

Good set-up, Johnny, and another good match-up of similar characters. 

I keep hearing that much of Lily's aesthetic is heavily based on this Talim girl. In fact, Lily's most recent outfit is pretty reminiscent of Talim's.

That is the main crux of the match, including that picture.

Match Final Results

Member Ratings:
4.60 - DSkillz
5.00 - patrickthekid
4.50 - Pizzaguy2995
5.00 - Boratz

FPA Calculation:
4 Total Votes cast
19.10 Total Combined Score
19.10 / 4 = 4.78 Final Rating on the match

MATCH SCORE
Lily (Street Fighter): 2