Archangel vs. Gambit
MATCH SCORE
Archangel: 1
Gambit: 4

Match 19925 Batman vs. Edward Kenway

Macklemore

Sequel to these fights:

Gotham City

"You can try. Have fun fighting air," replied Batman, slamming a smoke bomb on the cold ground beneath his feet. Bewildered, Yujiro uses his remaining strength to slam his two palms together, shockwave of his grotesque hands slamming together causing the smoke where Batman was standing to disperse. Alas, Batman was nowhere to be found.

Scoffing, Yujiro can't help but feel like he got tricked. "Coward," he says, as his legs give in and he falls down to the ground, unconscious.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

New York City

Superman struggled against his magic adversary. The SCP was much stronger than he would give it credit for, especially since it looked disheveled.

"You're fighting against the power of God, Superman. Every time you strike me, the damage shall return to you sevenfold," said SCP-073.

Raising an eyebrow, Superman came to a realization. Being raised by a Christian family in Kansas came with it's perks. "Cain?" Superman asked, landing softly in front of him.

"In the flesh. Or at least, what remains of it," Cain replies, motioning towards his cybernetic implants.

"I am... deeply sorry. I didn't know," Superman hadn't realized. There was no reason for him to fight against someone who had spent 95% of his life atoning for what he did.

"Don't be. I am merely a pawn in a game," Cain alluded to the existence of the SCP Foundation, but did not know whether or not he should bring up their existence just yet. The world was not ready for a war between a Justice League and the underground complexity that was the Foundation. Not yet.

"I think I know somebody that can help us. If you would be willing to come with me, that is," he offered a hand to the Arabic man.

"By all means. Although, I do believe that nothing will come from it," he said.

The SCP Foundation watched intently, the Central Park feed largely interrupted. They knew that the SCP would not fully commit to the battle. They didn't realize, however, that it would lead them to more than they could ever desire.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mount Olympus

Two gigantic, pitch black dragons encircled the green space cop. Blowing fires from gaping maws on both sides of him, Hal encircled himself within a sphere conjured by pure willpower. "The both of you need to calm down and come with me while I'm still willing to have a conversation with you."

While Diaval was more adamant on giving up on his spewing, Maleficent stopped, and whilst floating in mid-air, merely gloated. "Why, as if you could stop me and my servant from raising the Dark Lord," she laughed, the sound of her guffawing shaking the Earth beneath them.

"The Dark Lord? You're trying to bring Satan upon the world?"

"Not Satan, you buffoon. I am trying to bring back Czernobog. He has been imprisoned right here, under Mount Olympus. I wish to bring him back and have him rule the world alongside me once more," she said, before continuing to blow fire onto Hal's sphere construct.

Hal wouldn't let them know this, but the construct was holding up pretty nicely. It appears for all her magical powers, she really did not have the means capable to bring upon pain and ruin onto him. Realizing this, he suddenly sliced the sphere apart and transformed the two halves into fire extinguishers pointed at the dragon maws surrounding him, before letting them blow directly in their face.

Choking on willpower fumes, the Lantern creates two gigantic fists so as to grab the necks of the dragons in front of him, before slamming them down onto the mountain beneath them, causing both of them to revert back to human and crow form respectively.

Floating downward, the Green Lantern smiles. "I don't want any resurrections of dark, ghastly beings on my watch. Satan or not," he says, as he manifests handcuffs on Maleficent's wrists. "You're coming with me."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Batcave, Gotham City

Yujiro has somehow found himself with arms encased in Promethium up to his elbows. Struggling to move himself, he realizes that this is the closest thing to unbreakable he has ever seen.

"Nice of you to have this material on hand, bat. Mind letting me out of here so we can continue our fight?"

"I'm trying to get you extradited to Japan, but no one will accept you once they realize who I'm trying to send over."

"As if those limp dicks would ever dare lay a finger on me," says Yujiro as he scoffs. "Let me out, all I want to do is break every bone in your body."

Suddenly, the computer inside of the BatCave lit up. Two different calls, one from Superman and the other from Hal Jordan, showed up on screen. Batman hovered his mouse over the Superman call, letting it go through.

"Batman, I have a bit of a situation. I need you on the Watchtower."

"Funny you should say that," Batman says, looking at Yujiro behind him, still desperately trying to release himself from the makeshift "prison" he was in. "So do I."

Closing the call, he immediately reaches for the Green Lantern call.

"I can't reach Diana, if you see her, please let her know that Mt. Olympus has been desecrated and, uh, basically turned into a giant skull."

"I think she's currently on her own mission. I will let her know once I see her."

"Thank you," says Hal as he ends the call.

Turning his head to face the devil behind him, Batman sighs. "Come on. I'm taking you off world," he tells him.

"You better hope I don't return for you, Bat," Yujiro growls.

The Justice League Watchtower

"Well, you've been busy," says Superman, walking up to Batman and his "prisoner," "more trouble in Gotham?"

"Just the usual guy who thinks he's stronger than the rest," Batman mocks Yujiro in front of him.

"After I come back for your head, I'm going to destroy this guy as well," Yujiro motions with his head towards Superman.

"See what I mean?" says Batman.

"Yeah, I think I understand where you're coming from. We'll deal with him later," he says as he moves forward with Batman.

"Don't leave me here, you fuckin' misfits. I will break all bones in your bodies." Unfortunately, the two Justice League members seem to have ignored him.

As they walk further within the JL Watchtower, Superman begins explaining the situation to Batman.

"I need your help."

"As always."

"This time moreso than usual. This guy calls himself Cain," but before Superman could finish himself, Batman interrupts him.

"Cain?"

"The Biblical Cain. The one who struck down his brother and has been cursed by God to walk endlessly. He even has the sign on his forehead and everything."

"I... struggle to believe this until I see it with my own eyes."

"You believe men can fly, but you don't believe in God. That still surprises me to this day."

"It's not something that needs to be discussed now."

They enter the room where Cain is located, who appears to already be questioned by Hal Jordan.

"And this organization that sent you to, you know, take care of the big guy, do you think it's linked with Satan? Oh, sorry, Czernobog I think she called him."

"That's wildly different than Satan. If I recall correctly, that should be the Slavic God of Death. But no, maybe, I don't know. They track a lot of humans, extraordinary ones, and they catalogue and capture them. They know everything there is to know about anyone they catalogue. Strengths, weaknesses. I don't really know how to explain it."

"And they just sent you out in the wild, no items on you that could broadcast where you are currently?" asks Batman, as he starts tapping on Cain's body to feel for anything unusual.

"Careful, don't tap too hard. I don't really understand how his enchantment works yet, but I don't want you feeling what I felt," Superman says, reminiscing about the times he had hit Cain.

"Why?" asks Batman.

As if on queue, Yujiro bursts into the room, angry at the two members of the League that showed him dismissal.

"Bat, your time is up. You should have chained my legs up as well," Yojiro says as he runs towards Batman, and goes to roundhouse kick him as hard as he can. As he raises his leg up to Batman's head, Superman gently nudges Batman out of the way which causes Yujiro to hit Cain across the room. As soon as Cain slams into the walls of the watchtower, Yujiro quickly releases the damage he has done onto himself. Dropping onto his knees, he spits out blood and falls unconscious. Cain lightly brushes himself off and walks towards the two members. "I think he was trying to splatter you, sir," says Cain.

"That's why I didn't want you hurting him," Superman says. "I'll go find a place to take this guy. Please, talk to this man. He's nice. Introduce yourself."

"As long as Hal promises to not ask any stupid questions."

"Haven't yet, I doubt I will anytime soon," says Hal as he motions for Batman and Cain to sit down.

"I'll be back," Superman grabs a hold of Yujiro by his waist and places him on his shoulder before walking out of the room.

After a short discussion where they had introduced themselves, Cain finally gained the confidence to start speaking on the subject at hand.

"I am under the supervision of something called the SCP Foundation. They claim that their goals are securing, containing and protecting, but I have suspicions that the council of people that oversee the whole operation wish to play God."

"What makes you so sure?" asks Batman.

"They wanted me to fight Superman. They wanted me to potentially even kill Superman."

"I don't know why they expected someone so gentle to immediately go to hit you as hard as he could," Hal joked. Batman looked at him as if it proved the point he was trying to make earlier. "What, it wasn't a stupid question. It's an astute observation. You of all people should know about something like that, detective."

"I don't know what they want most of the time. They continuously say they won't use us as soldiers, but then they pit us against each other. They test anomalous objects on us. They put us through tasks, I can't help but believe like these people, like they get a kick out of it."

"I see," Batman replied, deep in thought. Why hasn't he heard anything about this Foundation, he thought. He kept pretty good tabs on things himself, but it appears they have eluded him. It's unclear how they managed to slip under the radar.

"You came to the right place. We deal with these sort of things on the daily," Hal assured Cain.

"I wouldn't say stuff like this is daily for you guys. I don't think you truly grasp how deep this conspiracy goes. I don't even know if the Justice League is enough to break it," he says.

"You don't?" Batman asked.

"I really do not. I wish I could say I did, but I do not."

There was silence in the room. Batman seldom found himself in positions where people felt him to be incapable of doing something. This was one of those rare times where he felt the person who was saying these things was correct, however.

"What is their next step, if you don't mind me asking?"

"I think they said they were searching for an object in Antarctica. In some ice caves. Another one of their anomalous catalogued items, but this one wasn't inherently malevolent. I forgot what they assumed it could do however."

"Hal, I think I need to go. Could you please entertain this man while I'm gone?"

"I don't see why not. Where are you going?"

"To see what I can find about this item. Or the organization," he said as he walked out of the room.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Antarctica

As soon as he landed on the cold ground of Antarctica, he realized what a stupid idea this was. Truthfully, he realized it was a bad idea as soon as he left the confines of the Justice Tower, but he understood how bad of an idea it was only now. This could very easily be an ambush, an ambush by an organization so vast and powerful to the point where they could make it seem like he never went missing at all. Still, his will was strong. He needed to carry on.

"Turn around," said a man with an English accent. "Don't try anything stupid, there's a gun pointed right at your head."

No response from Batman, who merely slowly turned around. The cold winter air was blowing so fierce that one could barely see in front of themselves, but he could still make out a vague shape in front of him. One dressed like a strange pirate.

"You're a long way off from Gotham, mate. You don't intend on being a bother to the Brotherhood, are you?"

"The Brotherhood. I thought you called yourselves the Foundation."

"You got us all mixed up. The Foundation are the Templars. They're the ones who want to control everything so that the world is seemingly safer. Our creed is a bit different than that."

"How so?"

"Nothing is true. Everything is permitted."

Batman nods.

"That still doesn't answer my question. What are you doing so far out of Gotham?"

"Seeking something that these Templars, the Foundation wants for itself. I don't know what it is. I got a very vague hint."

"Right. We're here for the same thing," says Edward as he holsters his gun.

"We?"

"The Brotherhood. I'm their representative they sent out. Of course, I got my crew with me. They are merely waiting on my signal, though."

"Right. Never go anywhere without a backup, I suppose."

"You could learn something from that, mate."

Batman nods. "I'm sorry to say that I don't intend on collaborating with you."

"Shame. I won't intrude on your investigation then, detective."

As Edward walks away from Batman, he jumps onto the ship neatly docked right in front of an ice shelf, and moves his ship further away from Batman.

"He is rightfully unsure on whether or not we are the good guys," says Edward to his second-in-command. "But he doesn't know we know where the item is. Unfortunate for him, fortunate for us."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So who finds this mysterious, anomalous item first? Batman, who is equipped only with a grapple gun, smoke bombs, a flashlight and a Batsuit equipped to handle the cold and nothing else. Or Edward Kenway, who has a map of the item as well as a hidden blade, gunpowder, a machete, and a variety of poisons and explosives?

Match Final Results

Member Ratings:
4.80 - Mercenaryblade
4.50 - DSkillz
4.60 - JohnnyChany
5.00 - patrickthekid
4.30 - broadwaybeyonder
4.80 - Boratz

FPA Calculation:
6 Total Votes cast
28.00 Total Combined Score
28.00 / 6 = 4.67 Final Rating on the match