MATCH SCORE
Bazooka: 0
Steve (Minecraft): 2
Jackson Storm: 0

Archangel vs. Gambit
MATCH SCORE
Archangel: 1
Gambit: 4

13:3 - Clark Griswold vs. Annabelle (The Conjuring Universe)

UMPIRE

SEASON 13, ROUND 3

Clark Griswold

Slot: The Team's Christmas Themed Character
Season Wins: 0
Season Losses: 0
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about Clark Griswold at this Wiki
Official Site: Warner Bros.

Annabelle (The Conjuring Universe)

Slot: The Team's Horror Icon
Season Wins: 0
Season Losses: 0
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about Annabelle (The Conjuring Universe) at this Wiki
Official Site: Warner Bros

Battle Terrain
Christmas Vs. Halloween: Santa's Workshop

A demon possessed dol vs a normal human.  Honestly, I wish I picked a better horror icon, but in this case, I think she wins.

• Like 1

How exactly does Annabelle operate? Is she quick to murder or does she do a lot of spooking around first, by moving silently and acting like she didn't? If it's the former, she wins. She has an amazing advantage by being a doll. If it's the latter, it's a good way to getting herself punted out of the workshop.

12 hours ago, Macklemore said:

How exactly does Annabelle operate? Is she quick to murder or does she do a lot of spooking around first, by moving silently and acting like she didn't? If it's the former, she wins. She has an amazing advantage by being a doll. If it's the latter, it's a good way to getting herself punted out of the workshop.

Well, at first it pretended to be the spirit of a little girl, but after she was found out she became much more direct, stabbing and such.  Here, getting a chance to go for the kill would be easy.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Nesh said:

A demon possessed dol vs a normal human.  Honestly, I wish I picked a better horror icon, but in this case, I think she wins.

I think you’re not giving Clark the benefit of the doubt. He did survive electric shock, saved a fellow human from being on fire, and he is constantly looking for adventure (in reference to ALL of the National Lampoons movies he is in). Clark may be human, but we have seen multiple times that Annabelle can not only be bested by humans, but locked away in a clear case and used as entertainment for humans.

1 minute ago, sonder said:

I think you’re not giving Clark the benefit of the doubt. He did survive electric shock, saved a fellow human from being on fire, and he is constantly looking for adventure (in reference to ALL of the National Lampoons movies he is in). Clark may be human, but we have seen multiple times that Annabelle can not only be bested by humans, but locked away in a clear case and used as entertainment for humans.

So, all stuff a normal human could do, as in normal humans can survive electric shock and save another person from being on fire, and search for adventure, I fail to see how any of that is a counterargument.  Yes she can be locked away by humans, but keep in mind she actually has the terrain advantage, being in a place full of dolls that gives her camouflage, has enough strength to not be easily fought off by humans, telekenetic powers... and is actively trying to kill rather than possess as is her usual M.O.

15 hours ago, Nesh said:

Oof, in Santa's workshop too, where a doll will blend in...

Ahhhh, yes. Where a very obviously battered, and possessed looking doll will stand out in a crowd full of jolly and cheerful toys. That easily works in Clark’s favor.

3 minutes ago, sonder said:

Ahhhh, yes. Where a very obviously battered, and possessed looking doll will stand out in a crowd full of jolly and cheerful toys. That easily works in Clark’s favor.

In a workshop full of uninished toys, it wouldn't be out of place.  I wasn't aware something could look possessed.

Very conflicted on this one.  I'm giving the edge to Griswold, though, for these reasons.

1. Clark Griswold has been shown to have a low level luck / toon force that tends to keep the worst from happening.

2. The scenario does not favor Annabelle, in my opinion, because at first sight you can tell it's a creepy, evil doll that is going to look out of place.

3. Santa's Workshop will likely have many options (tools, machines) for Clark to leverage either on purpose or by accident which damage or disassemble a doll.