Lori Quaid: 3

Rumble 20533 Demoman vs. Ogra
MATCH SCORE
Demoman: 0
Ogra: 3

Match 19684 Millia Rage vs. Sindel

JohnnyChany

THE TRUE CHOSEN ONE: A 2ND FIGHTING GAME CROSSOVER PART 38

(Mortal Kombat/Killer Instinct/BlazBlue/Darkstalkers/Guilty Gear/Bloody Roar/Red Earth/Eternal Champions/
Mace: The Dark Age)

image.jpeg.2f61eeec50b773015495a2d279cbb2e5.jpeg

Millia Rage wandered aimlessly around the Netherrealm. She had recently awoken in the wretched place with no memory of how she had arrived. She pondered the possibility that she was actually in hell. She had no recollection of actually dying, but also had no other logical explanation for her current predicament. She felt the weight of agony and despair all around her and ruminated over her fate.

Millia had never feared death and had accepted it as an inevitability in her youth. She felt much of her life that she was barreling toward it until a fateful conversation with Slayer, original founder of the Assassins’ Guild, at a fancy dinner party during one of her missions. Slayer’s words caused Millia to focus more on the state of her life. She had quit the guild and set out to find a way to be happy during her life.

If she really was dead, surely this was her punishment for all the murder she had committed as part of the guild. She wondered what Slayer would say now. Wait, Slayer? She suddenly remembered a more recent conversation the two had shared. They had been transported to a new world. He was encouraging her to find a normal life while they were stranded in this strange place. What happened after? Why couldn’t she remember?

Suddenly, that thought was interrupted as Millia sensed a familiar presence. It was Zato-1. Sensing him nearby gave Millia both some clarity and added to her confusion. She made her way into a nearby temple and to her surprise there was Zato-1, lying on the ground.

He wasn’t moving. Millia attempted to stir him to wake. She was unsuccessful. Eddie, the shadow Forbidden Beast attached to Zato’s body, rose up from inside of him.

EDDIE: Look who finally made it.

MILLIA: What are you talking about?

EDDIE: Zato sensed you around from before the fight started. Would have figured you were much closer.

MILLIA: What fight? What happened to Zato?

EDDIE: Some indignant wraith attacked us. He ran away like a coward before I could land a finishing blow, but he really did a number on Zato.

MILLIA: Is he dead?

EDDIE: Not yet, but he’s not far off. We need to get him out of here. I’ve done the whole use Zato as a meat puppet thing before and I don’t really want to do it again. I could maybe find a new host, but there aren't a whole lotta options down here. Unless, of course, you would like to volunteer.

MILLIA: Never.

EDDIE: Figured as much, just thought I’d ask

MILLIA: I don’t know how to get us out of here. I don’t even know where here is. I thought it might be hell.

?: Not quite.

image.jpeg.0a2bfd926c013c160b4c9d8fae209c8d.jpeg

Millia Rage was joined by a woman with jet black hair and a large white streak. The woman also had black markings around her eyes.

SAREENA: This is the Netherrealm. 

Millia stepped into a defensive stance.

SAREENA: That isn’t necessary, I am not here to fight you. My name is Sareena, I am a demon, and the Netherrealm was once my home.

MILLIA: Eddie. What is this?

EDDIE: It’s better if she tells it.

SAREENA: You are an assassin, are you not? Having been one myself for a time, I can recognize an assassin’s gait. Also, that thing hovering over your fallen friend told me all about you, Millia.

MILLIA: Former assassin. I don’t do that anymore.

SAREENA: Neither do I. We have that in common.

MILLIA: What do you want?

SAREENA: Like you I’m sure, I just want to find out what is going on. The bleeding between worlds and dimensions is what initially brought me back here. I used to serve the former ruler of this temple, Quan Chi. I wanted to make sure he was actually dead, because something like this would usually have his fingerprints all over it.

Sareena moved closer to Millia.

SAREENA: I arrived at the temple at the conclusion of the fight between your friend and my former friend, Bi-Han. It was immediately obvious that anyone strong enough to make Bi-Han retreat would make a valuable ally in whatever lies ahead. I offered to take him back to Earthrealm with me, but that shadow figure insisted that we wait for you.

EDDIE: I knew Zato would never let me hear the end of it if we didn’t.

MILLIA: So you can get us out of here?

SAREENA: Yes, there is a portal to Earthrealm a short walk from here.

Millia still had many questions racing in her head, first and foremost how she had arrived here in the first place, but she was content to focus on exiting this wretched place first. She picked up Zato-1 and slung him over her shoulder.

MILLIA: Lead the way.

SAREENA: Of course. I have many curiosities about the world you came from. But, we can save that for when we reach Earthrealm.

As soon as they exited the temple, they were greeted by Sindel and half a dozen Outworld minions.

SINDEL: It’s no surprise to see you here, Sareena.

SAREENA: What business do you have here, Sindel?

SINDEL: Just performing a little house cleaning before we return home. We wanted to discover what spilled out from….

Sindel caught herself before she revealed too much.

SINDEL: We wanted to see what didn’t belong, and I knew Quan Chi’s old stomping grounds would be a great place to look.

Sindel’s eyes went over to Millia and Zato-1.

SINDEL: It appears I was right. I’ve never seen anyone like that in the Netherrealm before.

SAREENA: Listen to me, Millia. Sindel is bad news. You don’t want to get mixed up with her.

SINDEL: But I want them!

Two of Sindel’s minions walked up the temple steps toward Milia. They were quickly dispatched by Sareena.

SAREENA: Millia, you need to get yourself and Zato out of here. Sindel is pretty strong, but I think I can hold her off long enough. However, she did say “we” which means Shao Kahn could be nearby. If that’s true, that could spell the end for all of us. We need to act fast.

SINDEL: Clever girl.

MILLIA: I’m not going.

SAREENA: What?

MILLIA: You’re the one who knows where the portal is so it has to be you. Zato doesn’t have much time. I’m  entrusting him into your care. If all goes well I’ll be right behind you.

SINDEL: You both keep deluding yourselves into thinking either of you has the option of leaving. 

Millia Rage jumped down from the steps and took down Sindel’s four other minions with her hair.

MILLIA: Sareena go, I’ve got this!