Tournament - MST3K vs. Athena (Tomorrowland)
MATCH SCORE
MST3K: 4
Athena (Tomorrowland): 0

Rumble 20540 Oroku Hiroto vs. Samael vs. Kim Minsu
MATCH SCORE
Oroku Hiroto: 0
Samael: 1
Kim Minsu: 3

Rumble 20539 Whitespikes vs. The Xenomorphs
MATCH SCORE
Whitespikes: 0
The Xenomorphs: 3

Cameron Poe vs. Castor Troy
MATCH SCORE
Cameron Poe: 3
Castor Troy: 0

Raphael (Mirage) vs. Ken Masters
MATCH SCORE
Raphael (Mirage): 4
Ken Masters: 6

Match 19580 Green Lantern (Hal Jordan) vs. Maleficent

Macklemore

vxxzO1X.png

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Earth
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Oh, Diaval, do you reckon the birthplace of all myths is fit for the Mistress of all Evil to take for her very own?" Maleficent said, eyes perked towards the gigantic mountain in front of her.

"Of course I believe that. I think any place should be yours for the taking. Your sheer power allows you to take whatever it is you wish to have, and everyone else should tremble at the mere mention of your name. You are greater than the greatest myth the Athenians have to offer," Diaval says, following alongside her.

"Flattery will get you nowhere, you know that," Maleficent says, staring her servant down, "but it is always nice hearing you overstate my achievements like this," Maleficent says as she offers Diaval a hand. Intertwining their fingers, Maleficent pulls Diaval upward and looks at Greece from the top of Mount Olympus. "It's beautiful, isn't it?"

Looking right at Maleficent, Diaval can only muster "It sure is."

Ignorant to Diaval's advances, Maleficent walks forward and smiles. "This will be it, the place where evil of a magnitude 10 times larger than ever before gets reborn," she says as she raises her hand upwards and starts chanting, the ground below their feet slowly morphing from an amorphous mountain to the shape of a magnificent human skull, causing tremors that are felt across the entire Balkan peninsula. "Tonight is the night when Chernabog rises from the dead. And tomorrow is the day where the entire world falls to Chernabog."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
On the planet Oa
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hal Jordan, the current protector of Earth, was busy being scolded for a series of events that led to the death of a child by the Guardians of the Universe.

"We didn't make you one of us so you could abuse that power and kill a child," said Kilowog.

"You don't understand, and you won't no matter how many times I tell you this. That child was a walking DNA Factory composed of various alien lifeforms. He possessed DNA from a species that originates outside of the universe. A being whose mere ideas, mere THOUGHTS, become reality. He tried to erase me for God's sake!" Hal retorted, using his ring to play back a recording of the fight as it unfolded.

"Regardless of what happened, we cannot allow you to continue down this path. We have rules to uphold, and the security of the entire universe cannot lie in the hands of someone who kills children," said Tomar-Re. Unfortunately, before the berating of Hal Jordan could come to a close, his ring started glowing and beeping. "Something is going down on Earth," Hal's voice quivered. "I don't think I've seen it act up like this before."

"The Justice League can probably deal with that, you have an important meeting with the Guardians due in a bit. You have to work on what you're going to tell them about the child murder you've commited," an angry Kilowog muttered.

"I'll be fine. I already have the conversation mapped out in my head. There's no way it progresses any differently," said Hal, his whole body glowing green as he takes flight, zooming towards Earth many times faster than light.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Greece, Earth
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From the glorious heights of Mt. Olympus, a place of myth and legend, the universe's champion stood. Hal gazed down at the world, his power ring pulsing with emerald energy. As a member of the Green Lantern Corps, he had sworn an oath to uphold justice and freedom. To be a beacon of light in the darkest corners of the cosmos. But upon the mountain, a foil awaited him, a creature of shadow and terror. Her name was Maleficent, and she burned with the yearning to engulf the world with darkness and rule it with a fist of iron.

Maleficent allowed an unkind smile to play upon her lips. Cloaked in an elegant black ensemble, dark and wicked as her own heart, she called upon the energies of the supernatural realm. Her eyes, filled with cruel mirth, lit up, jovially reflecting the eerie shadow conjured by her magic. As she rose her staff, Diaval, who had been transformed into a dragon under her enchantment lunged towards Hal, obeying her will.

Outnumbered, but undaunted, Green Lantern took a defensive stance, thrusting his ring-bearing hand outward. His will, as strong as a stone wall, called upon the energies of the universe. The ring answered, creating dazzling constructs of green energy. They were bright and powerful, their edges defined by the shadows cast by Maleficent's dark magic.

Against the murkiness of her spell, Green Lantern's constructs shone even brighter, symbolizing his unyielding resolve and indomitable spirit. The emerald glow from his energy clashed with the obsidian darkness of Maleficent's, creating a stunning spectacle of lights and shadows playing across the terrain of the lofty Olympus.

Maleficent merely scoffed at his display of resolve. With a wave of her hand, she amplified her dark magic further, the blackness spreading like wildfire. The intensity of her magic pushed against Green Lantern's constructs, attempting to snuff out his light.

Green Lantern’s grim expression hardened further into resolve, feeling the darkness pushing against his light. He shifted tactics, relying not only on his will-powered constructs but also on his determination and steadfast refusal to back down. He continues to battle, for the honor, the light, and the fight raging in his heart. His gallant display prompts a flicker of begrudging respect against the dark queen’s scornful eyes. Aware of her powerful adversary's conviction, Maleficent did not relent. 

This epic battle of light and darkness rages on, the peak of Mt. Olympus serving as its stage, and for the spectators far below, a spectacle of defiance and power seen in the meeting of these two opposing forces. The landscape pulsated with their energy, drawing a clear dividing line between the light and the dark. Their respective intentions for domination painted across the sky, an ethereal mural of a struggle as old as time.

Hence, Green Lantern and Maleficent, both powerful in their own rights, and champions of their contrasting ideals, clashed, creating a blaze of light and shadow. In their yearning for respect and dominance, they faced one another, their combined energy enough to rock the very foundations of myth and legend of the great Mt. Olympus.

Learn More About
Green Lantern (Hal Jordan)
Read more about Green Lantern (Hal Jordan) at Wikipedia
Official Site: DC Comics Links: Wikipedia DC universe's Guide to GL hyperborea

Maleficent
Read more about Maleficent at Wikipedia
Official Site: Disney Links: Maleficent Wikipedia Entry The Maleficent Fanlisting IMDB entry for Sleeping Beauty

As a big fan of fight illustrations, this is awesome. Just tried the Bing AI image generator myself for some of my upcoming matches to not nearly as good results.

I'm also a fan of the match itself, not a pairing I would think of. Agree with Pizzaguy, that I think Green Lantern comes out on top.

• Like 1

Nice set-up, Macklemore. You really got to the heart of what's motivating Hal and Maleficent for this match-up. :D Glad I got to it in time.

Also, Diaval's Maleficent's pet crow, right? Never seen him talk, though; that must've happened in the live action films. 

As for the match, Maleficent might make GL work, but he's faced tougher foes. I'd say he takes this not too long after flexing a little more on this beam struggle. 

On 10/8/2023 at 12:11 AM, Macklemore said:

For the record, the picture was not done by me. It was done by the Bing AI image creator going around.

Not a big fan of A.I., but out of curiosity I just tried out that generator using Aang vs. Korra. This is what it came up with: 🤨

OIG.59dePBFgEjs.jpgOIG.jpgOIG.dt0TxX6QUU.s7iO.jpg

• Like 1

Just now, DSkillz said:

Also, Diaval's Maleficent's pet crow, right? Never seen him talk, though; that must've happened in the live action films. 

He is a man transformed into a crow in the movies, yes! I wanted to give her the edge by having him as a dragon (which she has done in the movies, she has turned him into a dragon using her magic) and have her by a dragon as well if need be. Two dragons are always better than one!

Match Final Results

Member Ratings:
4.70 - DSkillz
4.20 - Pizzaguy2995
4.60 - Boratz
4.40 - JohnnyChany
4.00 - broadwaybeyonder
4.00 - patrickthekid

FPA Calculation:
6 Total Votes cast
25.90 Total Combined Score
25.90 / 6 = 4.32 Final Rating on the match