MATCH SCORE
Raphael (Mirage): 4
Ken Masters: 6

Helena Shaw vs. Lori Quaid
MATCH SCORE
Helena Shaw: 2
Lori Quaid: 3

Match 19567 Zsasz vs. Ghostface

The man lay gasping for breath on the tiled floor, blood staining his white shirt.  A few feet away his girlfriend whimpered as she vainly tried to use her hand to stop the bleeding from her own stab wound.  Standing above them both brandishing a knife dripping with blood was Victor Zsasz.  He stepped over the man with a confident smirk on his face.  The man closed his eyes tight to keep from gazing at the shirtless figure, his arms and torso a mass of tally mark scars. 

“Look at me when I’m talking to you, piggie.” 

The man winced as Zsasz knelt on his chest.  “You have no idea what I’m doing for you, do you?  You think you got it made.  A place to live, a girl, a future.  But it’s all a lie.  You are in a prison.  A prison of life.” 

Blood dripped onto the man’s face as he desperately tried to scream.  Zsasz put a finger to his lips.  “Shh.  Don’t worry.  This is the day you are going to finally break free from your prison.”  He leaned over a whispered into his victim’s ear. 

“Embrace your liberation.” 

A swift slash of Zsasz knife was all it took to cut the man’s throat. 

Zsasz stood up and turned around.  “And now, my dear, it’s your turn to…” 

Zsasz stopped his ranting when he saw the woman was gone.  There were several blood-soaked footprints leading out the swinging door.  Zsasz’s eyes narrowed in annoyance, putting a tally mark into his left pec.  “Okay, little zombie.  We can play hide and seek if you want.” 

The woman staggered down the hall as fast as she could.  She ran to the door of another apartment, seeing light shining from inside through the crack.  She banged on the door with both hands.  “OPEN UP!  PLEASE!  FOR GOD’S SAKES OPEN UP!  HURRY!” 

There was a rattling of a chain and the door opened.  The woman ran inside, not even seeing who opened the door for her.  “I need your phone!  There’s a madman trying to kill me!”  She collapsed on a heap onto the couch.  The TV in front of it was playing a scene from a Saw film.  Billy the Puppet was delivering instructions to a new victim.  The woman sobbed at the violent scene and turned away.  Far too late this meant she could finally see the figure who had let her in.  Her screams of terror mingled with the movie on the TV. 

“Live or die.  Make your choice.” 

Victor Zsasz followed the footprints to the door and pushed it open with his knife.  He looked inside to see the woman sitting on the couch watching the TV.  Zsasz could sense something wasn’t right, but stepped into the apartment.  The woman hadn’t moved. 

In two quick strides, Zsasz reached the couch, grabbed the woman by the hair and yanked her head back.  He raised his knife, but then paused.  The woman’s throat had already been slashed, with new stab wounds perforating her t-shirt.  Zsasz let the woman’s hair go, letting her head fall limply against her chest. 

There was the sudden ringing of a cell phone.  Zsasz looked around for a moment before realizing it was a flip phone clutched in the dead woman’s fingers.  He pulled the phone out of her grip, flipped it open, and raised it to his ear. 

“Yes?” 

“Hello, Victor.” 

“Who the hell is this?” 

“Someone who wanted to ask you a question: What’s your favorite scary movie?” 

Zsasz scowled.  “I’m not interested in games.  If you killed my zombie you owe me a mark!” 

“I would have thought you’d like scary movies.  Your obsession with murder and carnage.  But then again guys like us prefer a more hands on experience, don’t we?” 

“Listen, piggie!  I don’t let those shrinks in Arkham get in my head, so don’t think you have a chance.  Where are you?!” 

“Oh I’m close.  I’ve been getting to know you, Victor.  That’s how I knew to get this apartment.  I saw the way you looked at that couple in the restaurant.  It was only a matter of time before you tried to liberate them.” 

Zsasz eyes darted around the room, the Saw movie still playing on the TV.  “So now what?  If you were wanting to stop me you could have jumped me while I was dealing with these two.” 

“I wouldn’t want to interfere with another man’s work.  I would have let you kill them both but I wouldn’t want your lady friend to give away the surprise.” 

A closet door started to slowly open behind Zsasz.  “And what kind of surprise is that?” 

“This one.” 

Zsasz whirled around to see a figured in black robes and a white scream mask armed with a knife leaping out of the closet.  The knife caught Zsasz in the arm, but Zsasz was able to jump back and hold his own knife at the ready.  “You think you can kill me?  In that get up?!” 

“Consider it my coming-out party,” a modulated voice said.  “My chance to show Gotham what a real killer looks like.” 

The two murderers circled the living room as the dead woman’s body slid off the couch onto the floor.  “Then let’s see what you got!” Zsasz snarled. 

The movie played on as knives were raised into the air. 

“Let the game begin.” 

OK:

Both combatants armed with knives. 

They are on the upper floor of an apartment building. 

Last one standing wins. 

Game On! 

A very fun and entertaining write up Broadway! It was a great read!

That said Zsasz murder stomps Ghostface. GF has no combat training, a scathing win/loss record against opponents who are able to fight back, and he’s wearing the absolute worst costume you could pick for a fight: limited field of vision, loose sleeves and legging that can trip him up or allow your opponent to grab and use against you, and aside from the Kevlar vest underneath gives you little to no protection against fatal attacks. 

• Like 1

Good set-up, broadway! It really portrays the menace of both Zsasz and Ghostface well. One thing, though; I think you erred on one line: 

On 10/2/2023 at 1:17 AM, broadwaybeyonder said:

She stepped over the man with a confident smirk on his face.

As for the match, I finally watched the first Scream film last year, so I at least know what Ghostface(s) was (were) capable of there. I've also read some Batman comics with Zsasz. While Ghostface often seems to struggle with his (her? I've seen clips of the sequels) kills, Zsasz is more efficient with his and only really struggles with good cops and the superheroes. 

Between that and Zsasz's superior athleticism, I think Ghostface picked the wrong victim this time out. 

• Like 1

Match Final Results

Member Ratings:
4.50 - Pizzaguy2995
5.00 - Macklemore
4.70 - DSkillz
4.00 - Boratz

FPA Calculation:
4 Total Votes cast
18.20 Total Combined Score
18.20 / 4 = 4.55 Final Rating on the match

MATCH SCORE
Zsasz: 5
Ghostface: 1

THE BOTTOM LINE

Zsasz stabbed Ghostface square in the chest, but when he tried to pull the knife out he could feel it catch on something.  Ghostface used the close distance to deliver a slash to Zsasz chest.  He snarled in pain as he tripped over the woman’s body and collapsed to the ground. 

“Good effort, Victor,” said Ghostface, pulling open his black robe to reveal the knife embedded in a bullet proof vest.  “But, as always, very predictable.” 

He pulled the knife free and pounced towards Zsasz with a blade in each hand.  Zsasz delivered a low blow that doubled over Ghostface.  “Predict that!” 

Grabbing Ghostface by his collar and the bottom of his robes, Zsasz sent him headfirst into the television set.  He then easily snatched the knives out of Ghostface’s weak grip and delivered blow after blow to his back. 

Zsasz pulled his would-be murderer out of the set and left him in a bleeding crumpled heap.  He tossed aside Ghostface’s knife and knelt next to him, holding his own knife to the masked killer’s throat. 

“Alright, piggie.  It isn’t Halloween yet.  Let’s see if you look just as stupid under this mask.” 

Zsasz grabbed the Scream mask and pulled it off his opponent, revealing the gaunt face underneath. 

“Crane?!” 

The man better know to Gothamites as Scarecrow gasped for breath and held up his hands.  “Victor, please understand…” 

“Understand what?!  You tried to kill me!  One costume wasn’t enough for you?!” 

“All of my equipment has been seized!  I can’t make anymore fear toxin!  I needed to adopt a new persona if I’m going to inspire fear!” 

“And kill me to get rep for yourself?” 

“Victor, I was foolish.  I beg of you, let me go!  I’ll do anything!  Anyth…” 

“Shhhhhh.” 

Jonathan Crane fell silent as Zsasz scarred face drew close to his own.  The serial killer's smile was reflected in the blood-soaked knife. 

“Now.  You’ll do anything for me?  Alright then, piggie.  You know what you can do?  Scream.” 

• Like 1