Rumble 20547 UNSC Pillar Of Autumn vs. Re Verse vs. Lotta Litter
MATCH SCORE
UNSC Pillar Of Autumn: 1
Re Verse: 3
Lotta Litter: 0

Match 19548 Selene the Black Queen vs. Dark Queen

JohnnyChany

image.jpeg.bee98372d41079dba8bfce4df6455638.jpeg

The White Queen, Emma Frost, sat with her legs crossed by the fireplace in the Hellfire Club mansion. She perused through a fashion magazine as she sipped on a glass of champagne. The Black Queen, Selene, stomped into the room and stared daggers at Emma.

The White Queen looked up from her magazine. “What’s wrong with you?”

“Don’t play coy. You know damn well what’s wrong,” Selene accused. “Just admit that your jealousy has gotten the best of you and you are behind all of this.”

“Behind all of what?” asked Emma.

“Trying to oust me from my position for whomever this Dark Queen is,” Selene informed.

“How dare you accuse me of such a thing,” Emma retorted. “As if I would ever resort to such an obvious ploy.”

“Where’s Shaw?” Selene inquired.

Sebastian Shaw, the Black King, entered the room. 

“Sebastian, is your hand in this?” Selene demanded.

“Now, now, there is no need for hysterics. Everything can be explained.” Sebastian Shaw said cooly.

“You are all gravely mistaken if you think I would just willingly relinquish my title,” stated Selene.

“The Hellfire Club has simply decided to try and keep its options open, and broaden its horizons if you will,” Sebastian explained. 

“Meaning what?”

“Meaning the Inner Circle is looking beyond the scope of your antiquated cult followings, psychic vampirism, occult magic, and….” Emma began.

Sebastian interrupted her. “And the Hellfire Club has turned their eyes to the skies and the outer reaches of space to further solidify our power.”

Selene snickered. “Because it worked so well last time with the Phoenix Force.”

“A perfect example of the power that is out there to be controlled… as long as we can understand it better and are prepared,” Sebastian explained.

“This is where the Dark Queen comes in,” input Emma.

“The Dark Queen is an intergalactic sorceress and dictator and leads quite an impressive army of mutant rats and Psyko-Pigs,” stated Sebastian.

Emma scrunched her nose. “Filthy creatures, all of them, but they serve a purpose. Not unlike some of the lowly sludge I’ve seen follow you, Selene.”

Sebastian continued. “The Dark Queen approached the Inner Circle with a proposition. She becomes our Black Queen and gives us access to her empire and alien technology and in return we help her with a toad problem. It was a very enticing offer and she was even already dressed for the position. It is as if it were fated.”

“Many of the men working here probably wouldn’t even notice a change had been made,” remarked Emma.

“This will not stand,” Selene insisted.

“The Inner Circle made their decision, there is almost nothing I could do,” said Sebastian.

“Almost?”

Sebastian smiled. “While several others of the Inner Circle were dead set on going in another direction, I am not. I used my position and I persuaded everyone that at the very least you should be able to fight for the position, to prove that the Hellfire Club is still best served with you as its Black Queen. And that opportunity was granted. After the conclusion of next Saturday’s gala, you and the Dark Queen will square off for the title of Black Queen.”

Selene’s anger gave away to some confusion. “An outright fight for a spot, that is not how we usually do things.”

“Unusual situations call for unique solutions,” Sebastian declared.

“What a bothersome and insulting thing,” said Selene. “But I have no problem showing off my superiority for all to see. I will crush this Dark Queen, then I will find out who voted to remove me and my payback will be severe!”

Selene exited the room dramatically.

“I still don’t see why we didn’t just kick her out,” complained Emma. “You were one of the main proponents of replacing her. We had the votes.”

“You know Selene. If we had not given her this opportunity she would have immediately tried to kill the Dark Queen and eventually all of us. This way it is a win win,” Sebastian surmised.

“How do you figure that?”

“Either the Dark Queen defeats Selene and she is out of the picture or Selene defeats the Dark Queen and we are back to where we were before but with none of this leading back to me,” Sebastian answered.

“If Selene wins on Saturday she is going to want to know names. She said it herself just now,”  Emma reminded.

“At that point we will pick a fall guy.”

“I vote for Leland,” Emma offered.

This is a pretty good, thematical match up, but I don't think the Dark Queen has what it takes to stand against Selene. She's too powerful of a mutant and too experienced (even if we take only her age into account and not any of her achievements, we still would come to this conclusion). I don't think that Dark Queen has much going for her, if I recall the games she never really gets her hands dirty.

Good set-up, Johnny. As mentioned, nice dynamic with the Hellfire club finding an interesting choice for a new Black Queen. 

On 9/26/2023 at 6:03 AM, Macklemore said:

... if I recall the games she never really gets her hands dirty.

The Dark Queen actually does fight the Battletoads directly at the end of a lot of the early games. I'd have to agree, though, that Selene the mutant seems more powerful overall, so she should be able to keep her Black Queen spot when it's all said and done. 

• Like 1

Match Final Results

Member Ratings:
5.00 - Macklemore
4.90 - Boratz
4.30 - Pizzaguy2995
4.60 - DSkillz

FPA Calculation:
4 Total Votes cast
18.80 Total Combined Score
18.80 / 4 = 4.70 Final Rating on the match

MATCH SCORE