Rumble 20544 General Kregg vs. Stripe vs. Brigade
MATCH SCORE
General Kregg: 2
Stripe: 0
Brigade: 1

Match 19430 Katsuki Bakugo vs. Genos

Pizzaguy2995

Katsuki Bakugo vs Genos

“Welcome ladies and gentlemen to the 50th annual Young Heroes Tournament! The tournament for up and coming heroes to show off their skills and make a name for themselves! We’ve got a big lineup of matches for you today folks! So without further ado let’s get this thing started!”

“Our first combatant hails from the prestigious UA High School, he’s well known for his explosive quirk and explosive temper, he’s finished first place in last year’s UA Sport’s Festival and survived numerous encounters with the dreaded League of Villains, no one can deny this kid is made of stern stuff. Let’s give a big hand to the self proclaimed Great Explosion Murder God himself, Katsuki Bakugo!”

“Our second combatant is the personal protege of the famous One Punch Man himself! At 19 years old he’s already gained the rank of S-Class hero for his numerous battles with various evil entities! Will his level head, stoic exterior and advance tech lead him to victory today? Give it up for the Demon Cyborg Genos!”

“Place your bets on which of these explosive combatants will win this battle folks! Cause this matchup will begin in just a few moments!”

(The camera pans to one side of the arena where we see the first combatant getting ready for the match)

“So I’m fighting a robot today am I? Hee-hee this’ll be easy then. I’ll murderize that walking scrap heap!” Bakugo grinned confidently as his knuckles exploded as he cracked them.

“You shouldn’t underestimate him Kacchan, Genos is a very talented and powerful hero,” Izuku Midoriya cautioned his friend as he looked through the notes he’s taken about the Cyborg hero. “His explosive abilities are very similar to yours and he’s no doubt received plenty of training from the One Punch Man. That combined with his technological advancement makes him a very dangerous opponent who-“

“HEY! ARE YOU SAYING YOU DON’T THINK I CAN WIN NERD?” Bakugo growled as he advanced on Midoriya menacingly. “ARE YOU CALLING ME WEAK OR SOMETHING? ANSWER ME YOU BASTARD!”

“Oh no, no, no Kacchan! I wouldn’t dream of saying that,” Midoriya held out his hands in mock surrender as Bakugo threatened him.

“What young Midoriya is trying to say is that you shouldn’t underestimate your opponent young Bakugo,” All Might inserted himself into the conversation. “I’ve also looked up this Genos and he’s definitely not gonna be a pushover. You’re gonna need to take this fight seriously in order to win.”

“Hmph, of course I’m gonna take this fight seriously. I’m gonna be the #1 Hero one day. No way can I afford to lose here,” Bakugo insisted in a no nonsense tone.

“We all have faith that you can beat him Bakugo,” Shoto Todoroki informed him. “But even if you lose, you’ll still have our friendship and support.”

“WHAT? SO NOW YOUR SAYING I’M GONNA LOSE ICY-HOT? I SHOULD KILL YOU DEAD FOR THAT!” Bakugo roared in anger once more.

“Kacchan please calm down!” Midoriya desperately held Bakugo back as he tried to attack the confused Todoroki.

(The camera then pans to the other side of the arena, where Genos and his Sensei watch in bewilderment as his opponent tried to attack his own friends)

“Huh. I know they said that guy had a temper, but I didn’t expect that,” Saitama, the One Punch Man deadpanned.

“I had heard the same Sensei. Not to worry though, I calculate that his temper will lead to his downfall and my victory in the coming match,” Genos stated matter-of-fact like.

“All the same Genos, don’t take him lightly. I have heard a lot about those UA people, and they seem like a formidable bunch,” Saitama advised his student.

“Perhaps so. Still this is a fight I have to win Sensei, I cannot disgrace you by losing after you taught me so much,” Genos bowed his head in deference to his master.

“Just do your best Genos. And no matter what happens, you’re still the best student I have ever had,” Saitama assured him.

“You- you really mean that Sensei?” Genos asked in awe.

“Well you’re the only student I’ve ever had so…” Saitama sweat dropped.

“ALRIGHT BOTH COMBATANTS STEP INTO THE RING! IT’S SHOWTIME! BTW LET’S QUICKLY PUT UP THOSE FORCEFIELDS IN FRONT OF THE AUDIENCE! SOMETHING TELLS ME THEY’LL NEED IT!”

The crowd cheered loudly as the fighters entered the arena and stared each other down.

“Alright Robot boy, any last words before I dismantle you?” Bakugo sarcastically asked.

“Whatever it takes, I will eliminate you,” Genos seriously said.

*DING!*

Katsuki Bakugo vs Genos in a standard fighting arena zone. Whoever get’s knocked out or is incapable of fighting anymore loses. Who takes this?

I haven't been keeping up with the latest in MHA, but from how far I got in each series, Bakugo is outmatched here. He's fast, surprisingly smart, and his powers are very strong, Genos just outclasses him. He shoots larger explosions, he's faster, and he's more durable (eventually). If it was the first time we meet Genos, Bakugo might have a chance, but with all his upgrades, Genos takes on things well outside of Bakugo's weight class. At least, outside of his weight class for where I stopped in the series. I understand MHA is wrapping up so Bakugo might have gotten some upgrades

Good set-up and match-up, Pizzaguy. From what I saw from the clips, Katsuki, Genos, and everyone else seem right in-character. 

As for the match, Genos seems a little more powerful, but it's hard for me to tell exactly from just the clips. Maybe others that's seen My Hero Academia (like pey and @SSJRuss, who had an arc going with MHA characters, IIRC) and One-Punch Man can be better judges of this. 

• Like 1

Match Final Results

Member Ratings:
4.70 - DSkillz
5.00 - Boratz
5.00 - Venom 2009
4.00 - broadwaybeyonder
5.00 - patrickthekid

FPA Calculation:
5 Total Votes cast
23.70 Total Combined Score
23.70 / 5 = 4.74 Final Rating on the match