Kylo Ren vs. Jacen Solo
MATCH SCORE
Kylo Ren: 2
Jacen Solo: 9

Match 19412 Mandrake the Magician vs. Valmont

leroypowell3

Megastory 26.1

Defenders of the Earth

Previously: A mystic vision from Mandrake sent the Defenders of the Earth- Flash Gordon, Lothar, the Phanton and Mandrake to the island nation of Octopon. The nation had already been devastated by an unknown disaster and the group was attacked by Moogers.

They narrowly escaped, thanks to Mandrake’s grand illusions, but escape they did and the Defenders of the Earth girded their loins for crisis mode.

“Whatever had happened to Octopon drew some very evil forces.” Mandrake informed his comrades. “The island nation needs to be quarantined.”

“I’ll get on that.” said Flash Gordon. With his military connections, he called the US armed forces and advised them of the danger.

A while later he reported his success.

“Okay, they’ll be sending a ship and planes to watch over Octopon.” he reported with relief.

“Now we have to learn who’s behind this.” The Phantom stated.

“While you were on the phone with the military,” Lothar reported. “I was researching some of Mandrake’s comments. There’s a man who did a lecture on demon incursions. He mentioned demons called Nightloks. That is what ambushed us on Octopon. They have been locked away from Earth but clearly someone has brought them back.

“And then Mandrake said that he saw some kind of powerful mystical object in his visions. A group called The Dark Hand came into possession of a gem that makes me think it’s what he saw. The Dark Hand is a world wide criminal organization, that passes as legit business but everyone knows they are criminals. I think we should try and get this gem.”

“You did all this while flying the jet?” Flash Gordon wondered.

“The jet pretty much flies itself.” Lothar chuckled.

The Phantom spoke up. “I have heard of The Dark Hand. The Ghost Who Walks has had to repel them more than once. I know how to find them.”

“Great!” Flash Gordon retorted. “Now we need a plan on what to do when we find them.”

Valmont was excited. This crystal was far far more valuable than he thought. Given the kind of interest his intent to sell announcement brought. The brand of interest was unique too. Men of magic didn’t have much to do with the Dark Hand. Sure there were the occasional deals made but dark arts and the dark business tended to stay in their lanes.

Through The Phantom’s knowledge, The Defenders of the Earth learned of the selling of the treasure. Mandrake went undercover as a buyer.
“Welcome all of you.” the head of the Dark Hand opened with dry British enthusiast. He was a tall, athletic man. Blonde haired and blue eyed. Everything about him said intelligent, confident, and dangerous.

He continued. “I know that most of you are here as representatives of others, and I comment them on seeing the value in this selling event. I made it physical attendance only to attract true buyers.

“We all know why we are here so I will spare us the build up and get right to the prize item. Mind you there are a few other nice purchases available afterwards so that no one needs leave empty handed. But first,”

Valmont’s demanor suddenly darkened. “I know or at least know of everyone here and whom they represent- except you sir.” He looked at Mandrake. Then everyone else looked at Mandrake.

His illusion was easy to keep up and he had prepared for this sort of confrontation but it was still not a good thing to get this kind of attention.

“Who might you be, sir? And who is it that you represent?

“My name is Drakeman.” Mandrake said confidently. “I represent myself. What you have to offer is of great interest to me.”

“Hm,” Valmont grunted suspiciously. “Well, perhaps this is the beginning a good business relationship Mr. Drakeman. Let us begin the sale shall we? Gentleman! I present to you a Treasure of Rule. Found in the far reaches of a civilization long gone. The locals claim it has great power. You wouldn’t be here if you didn’t believe it. So what price are you willing to pay- for power?”

Fight Parameters:

Mandrake must maintain his illusion and successfully purchase the Treasure of Rule, from Valmont, beating out the other competitors

Can Mandrake’s magical illusionry deceive Valmont and allow him to purchase the treasure or is Valmont too keen.

Learn More About
Mandrake the Magician
Read more about Mandrake the Magician at Wikipedia
Official Site: King Features Syndicate Links: Mandrake in Wikipedia Mandrake in Toonopedia Xando, Mandrakes hompage

Valmont
Read more about Valmont at Wikipedia
Official Site: Sony Pictures Links: Wikipedia Jackie Chan Adventures Wiki Villains Wiki

Another good addition to your Megastory, leroy. 

I haven't read a Mandrake the Magician strip in like well over a decade, but I seem to remember him being pretty resourceful with his magic and in general. Valmont was outdone by Jackie and Co. in pretty much every episode where he was the main threat (i.e., most of the first two or three seasons), so Mandrake probably won't have a lot of trouble fooling him long enough to make a good bid. Whether someone can outbid Mandrake is the question. 

Match Final Results

Member Ratings:
5.00 - patrickthekid
4.50 - DSkillz
5.00 - Boratz
5.00 - StormChaser

FPA Calculation:
4 Total Votes cast
19.50 Total Combined Score
19.50 / 4 = 4.88 Final Rating on the match

MATCH SCORE
Mandrake the Magician: 1