Kollector: 2

Kylo Ren vs. Jacen Solo
MATCH SCORE
Kylo Ren: 2
Jacen Solo: 9

Match 19247 John Silver (Disney) vs. Commander Rourke

Boratz

Chapter 6: A Pirate's Life

While scrubbing the deck, the crew's cybernetic cook conducted his daily routines while a great many of the crew past him by. From passing crew members, he heard the chatter and rumblings of a devastating attack that had occurred on Coruscant. The cook shook his head and did not give it a second thought. He continued on with his tasks while his little companion floated around his shoulders. The Cyborg chuckled as he glanced at the pink blob of space goo that he considered his closet friend. Morph smiled wide as his large companion finished scrubbing the deck. John Silver put away his cleaning supplies and quickly put on his chef's apron. The pink blob of goo looked over the many grease stains that were imprinted on the apron and then looked up into the eyes of the Cyborg. Silver chuckled once again as he gestured for Morph to follow him to the mess hall.

"What do ye expect, Morphy? Can't all be clean like ya." John Silver joked while looking at his little buddy. 

The smiling pink blob of goo turned into a small image of John Silver while the cybernetic cook let out a chuckle. After turning on the burners in the kitchen, Silver began preparations for the crew's dinner. While throwing together a bunch of different spices that he had collected from all around the galaxy, the cook watched as his stew started to bubble. Silver's robotic arm turned to a blade and started cutting through an assortment of vegetables. Morph floated around the kitchen and pushed himself against a button on a small dusty radio. A sweet tune of music whistled while Silver and Morph danced along to the songs that were played. Morph's eyes widened while he froze in midair. The large grin that had spread across Silver's face soon faded while his eyes slowly shifted to the door that led into his kitchen. Standing in the doorway with a stern look resting upon her face and her arms crossed against her chest was Captain Amelia. 

"What can I do for ya, Captain?" Silver asked with a small smirk.

"Silver, we are getting a few more members in our crew. Since most of the positions on our vessel are fill, I need you to take on a cabin boy." Captain Amelia replied.

"A cabin boy?!" Silver moaned. "He will jus' slow me down!"

"These are your orders, Silver. I expect you to keep him busy." Captain Amelia said with a piercing glare. "And out of trouble."

"Who is this boy?" Silver asked.

"His name is James Hawkins." Captain Amelia responded.

The young Jim Hawkins stepped into the kitchen. John Silver glanced him over and then looked back upon the captain. Amelia saw the hesitancy in Silver's face but simply ignored it as she turned her attention to the young Hawkins. She saw that there was some apprehension in Jim's face as his eyes surveyed the kitchen.

"Mr. Hawkins, you will follow Mr. Silver's orders, do everything he says, and most importantly stay out of trouble." Captain Amelia ordered. 

Before Captain Amelia could make her way back up to the upper levels of the ship, her first mate appeared before her. While Mr. Arrow towered over the captain; he showed a deep respect for his superior. Captain Amelia could see that her first mate had urgent news to bring.

"What news do you have for me, Mr. Arrow?" Captain Amelia asked as she followed him to the upper levels.

"Most of the crew has been relieved of their duty." Mr. Arrow responded.

"Relieved of their duties? By who?" Captain Amelia asked with a bewildered looked.

"The New Republic. After the attack on Coruscant, they are rearranging the Navy. We are getting some new crew members and orders to travel to an uncharted sector for a new energy source." Mr. Arrow responded.

"Looks like our friend, Dr. Doppler will not be too thrilled. He was paying us to carry him and Mr. Hawkins on a voyage to some planet in the Outer Rim." Captain Amelia muttered. 

"Should we tell Dr. Doppler that his voyage is cancelled?" Mr. Arrow asked.

"That will not be necessary, Mr. Arrow. It is only slightly delayed." Captain Amelia responded. "It will give his little friend time to get broken in with Silver."

"How should we handle the new crew?" Mr. Arrow asked.

"Gather them on the deck in 30 minutes. I will begin introductions then." Captain Amelia replied. "In the meantime, I will let the good doctor know that his voyage will be delayed ever so slightly."

As the brave Captain headed off to meet with Dr. Doppler, she was confronted by a blonde woman in the hallway. Captain Amelia did not recognize this woman, but realized that she must have been one of the crew members sent by the New Republic. There was a brief moment of silence that lingered between the two women. Before Amelia could mutters out a single word, the blonde woman broke the silence between them.

"Captain Amelia Smollett, I presume?" The blonde woman asked while staring into Amelia's eyes with a confident gaze. 

"Yes, and you are?" Captain Amelia asked.

"Lieutenant Helga Sinclair. My commanding officer sent me to find you." Sinclair responded.

"And who is your commanding officer?" Amelia asked.

"Commander Lyle Tiberius Rouke is the name!" Rourke exclaimed while walking into the hallway with his arms crossed behind his back.

An uneasy feeling started to boil down in the pit of Amelia's stomach. Her sharp eyes quickly scoped out the strong military officer that had been assigned to her ship. Commander Rourke was tall and strong. He had dark eyes that had seen a lifetime of war. After scoping out the Commander, Amelia watched as a confident smile formed across the cheeks of the military leader. 

"What can I do for you, Commander Rourke? You were supposed to report to the briefing in 30 minutes." Captain Amelia muttered.

"Well dear, I believe in getting to know each and every member of my crew. It sure has helped me out of a lot of messy situations." Rourke replied. 

"As you were briefed by Mr. Arrow, we will meet in 30 minutes. In the meantime, I have a matter that I have to attend to." Amelia responded confidently while walking past both Rourke and Helga. 

Helga and Rourke's eyes met. She gave off a suspicious glance while Rourke shook his head. He smiled while gesturing for her to follow him.

"Everything will go according to plan." Rourke mumbled while Helga passed him by.

After her meeting with Dr. Doppler, Captain Amelia met with Commander Rourke and the rest or her crew. Commander Rourke presented Amelia and the remaining members of her crew on their new mission. Rourke spoke of a planet with an energy source that would prove detrimental in the war between the New Republic and Cobra. Rourke and his team had a map to the planet. While Rourke discussed what he knew of the planet and the energy source, Amelia ordered Mr. Arrow to keep an eye out for Rourke and his team.

"She is suspicious." Helga whispered to Rourke. 

"Captains usually are suspicious of outsiders. Everything is going according to plan." Rourke said confidently.

"I heard that she ordered Mr. Arrow to keep an eye on us." Helga muttered.

"We are going to be traveling through an asteroid field, right? In order to get to sector 7?" Rourke asked quietly.

"That is correct. An asteroid field is on the course." Helga replied with a suspicious look.

"It'd be a shame if we lost members of the crew during that dangerous portion of the voyage." Rourke said with a grim smile.

Helga smiled back while Rourke headed to his quarters. The Lieutenant started devising a plan to create an accident for Captain Amelia's first mate...

As the RLS Legacy set sail into the unknown, the young Jim Hawkins started his chores with Silver looking over his shoulder. During the voyage, the young man formed a bond with the half Cyborg. Silver even started to grow fond of the boy. Even Morph grew attached to Hawkins during their journey across the stars. Before approaching the asteroid belt, the large John Silver ordered Hawkins to check and secure all of the lifelines for the crew. While the RLS Legacy entered the asteroid field, Captain Amelia sat behind the controls while the crew made their way to the lifelines. They knew this would be a dangerous trek through the asteroids. Even with the experienced Captain Amelia behind the controls, this was far more dangerous any of them could have imagined. Many of the crew looked over the countless pieces of ships and starfighters that still remained in the area. While Amelia navigated her way through the asteroid field, she watched as lights started flashing which signified that the Legacy had taken damage. Amelia hissed while trying to push forward and keeping her crew safe.

During the commotion, Mr. Arrow gripped tightly to his lifeline. He had the upmost faith that the captain would get them through this dangerous trek. While the ship shook violently from some of the minor impacts that they received, Mr. Arrow waited patiently in his lifeline. Soon the shaking stopped and the impacts started to fade. A small smile formed on the side of Arrow's face once he realized that Amelia had nearly gotten them through the dangerous asteroid field. His smile quickly faded once he heard a small sound near his lifeline. The first mate turned his head and saw the blonde Lieutenant standing over his lifeline.

"No hard feelings. This is not personal." Helga muttered before destroying the restraints of the lifeline.

"NO!" Mr. Arrow cried out as he lunged toward the Lieutenant.

Before he could reach Helga Sinclair, Mr. Arrow was hurled into the cold abyss of space and his lifeline crashed against a nearby asteroid. Helga Sinclar quietly made her way back to her quarters. Once the RLS Legacy had successfully made its way out of the asteroid field, Captain Amelia called the crew for a headcount. After seeing that Mr. Arrow had not reported in, the brave Captain turned to see check on his lifeline. She was devastated once she saw that it was gone. Amelia spoke highly of her first mate while glancing at the young Jim Hawkins. She knew that it was his responsibility to check on the lifelines for the entire crew. 

"I cannot tell you how to run your ship, dear, but allowing a child to look over the lifelines was a poor choice." Rourke said while glaring down at the young Jim Hawkins.

"All the lifelines were secure! I made sure of it!" Jim fired back.

"Your failure got a man killed, boy!" Rourke yelled.

Hawkins gritted his teeth and glared up at the Commander. Before he could respond, Captain Amelia came forward. "You're right Commander. You cannot tell me how to run my ship or my crew. That will be all, Mr. Hawkins. You are dismissed for now."

John Silver glared at Rourke and then gazed over the rest of his team. Captain Amelia dismissed the crew, while her and Rourke stayed to talk. While Captain Amelia and Commander Rourke spoke of the voyage, Silver went down to check on his friend. After comforting the young Hawkins, Silver was confronted by a few members of the crew.

"Looks like you're gettin' soft!" Scroop hissed. 

"I ain't gettin' soft! Mark my words, I care about one thing and one thing only, and that is the treasure!" Silver yelled.

"Then why didn't we just kill Amelia and the crew before setting off on this pointless mission for the New Republic?" Scoop growled.

Silver grabbed Scroop and pinned him against a wall. The infamous pirate gritted his teeth while glaring at Scroop. Scroop could feel Silver's warm breath pressing against his face. "Let this be a warnin' to ya and all of ya. I'll kill any of ya without a single hesitation! We will rise up once we see the treasure in sight!" Silver brought Scroop in close to him. "And if ya ever do another stunt like ya did with Mr. Arrow, I will take your head for myself."

Scroop chuckled as he squirmed out of Silver's grasp. "That's the thing, Silver. I didn't kill Mr. Arrow."

"If you didn't, then who did?" Silver asked.

Suddenly, they heard a commotion on the deck. Silver and his pirate crew ran to see what was happening. Their destination was in sight. Captain Amelia grinned as he eyes looked over the planet. Dr. Doppler leaned forward and rearranged his glasses while looking over the their destination. This planet was unlike anything they had ever seen. There was a glow and an essence that surrounded the planet. Dusing their journey, Dr. Doppler studied the rich resources and came to understand why it would be important to the New Republic. They soon heard a laughter that echoed throughout. Captain Amelia turned her head and saw Commander Rourke standing with his gear ready for battle.

"What is the meaning of this?" Captain Amelia asked.

"I don't think the natives will just give us their resources so I'm going to take it by any means necessary. We are going to strip every last inch of their resources." Rourke chuckled. 

"That does not sound like something the New Republic would allow." Captain Amelia growled.

"You are absolutely correct, Captain. What can I say? The New Republic refuses to do what is necessary. So that is why I tendered my resignation to the New Republic. Cobra pays more and they are willing to do whatever it takes to win." Rourke boasted. 

"You're nothing more than a filthy mercenary?" Captain Amelia spit out while glaring at Rourke and his crew. 

"I don't see it like that, my dear. I am more like an adventure capitalist." Rourke chuckled. "Send my regards to Mr. Arrow."

Rourke aimed his pistol at Amelia. Before he could squeeze the trigger back, Jim Hawkins jumped down from above. He ran into Rourke with all the strength that he had. The ruthless Commander stumbled as he shot out and grazed Amelia's shoulder. Doppler's grabbed Amelia and threw her behind him. Rourke grabbed Hawkins and threw him down on the deck. 

"You got heart, kid! I will give you that!" Rourke yelled out as he aimed his pistol at Jim.

Silver saw Rourke throwing the young lad against the deck. Memories of Jim in their time together flashed through his head. The dangerous pirate started cursing under his breath as he looked over his crew and the crew of Commander Rourke. Before Rourke could execute Jim Hawkins, he heard someone stumbling behind him. Rourke turned his head and saw John Silver make a loud whistling sound.

"Seize the ship, boys! We move now!" Silver commanded as his arm turned into a blade.

All of the Silver's pirates started making themselves known. They fought back against Rourke's team while Silver confronted Commander Rourke. They circled around one another while Jim crawled away to safety.

"Hmmm... Now this is certainly an interesting turn of events." Rourke laughed.

"You ain't gonna hurt the that boy!" Silver growled.

"A pirate with a heart!" Rourke mocked. "Too bad I will have to cut it out!" 

John Silver has his cybernetic arm with the cannon, blade, and torch

Rourke has a rifle, pistol, and machete

Nicely written piece here Boratz, your a living legend friend.

I’ll follow the others and vote for Silver, he’s got superior tech and the greatest x-factor of all: the parental drive to protect your kid from anyone who’d threaten them. Rourke was screwed the second he threatened Jim.

Match Final Results

Member Ratings:
5.00 - StormChaser
4.50 - Pizzaguy2995
5.00 - patrickthekid
5.00 - Mercenaryblade
4.00 - broadwaybeyonder

FPA Calculation:
5 Total Votes cast
23.50 Total Combined Score
23.50 / 5 = 4.70 Final Rating on the match

MATCH SCORE