Jackson Storm: 0

Archangel vs. Gambit
MATCH SCORE
Archangel: 1
Gambit: 4

Match 19234 Gauron vs. Defensor

Megastory 3.20

Masters of Evil

Just like Vicious, Gauron had been sent on a recruiting campaign to build up the Masters of Evil. Where Vicious was sure to find success in the underworld, Gauron had the connections among rouge military personnel.

When he reported his results, a pleased Baron Zemo instructed him to begin hitting his targets.

While not a direct adversary to any of the Masters of Evil, Zemo knew of the mech being presence on Earth. They haled from world called Cybertron and fought a longstanding war between two factions, Autobot and Decepticons. The Autobots had befriended several governments of Earth and had even established an embassy in the form of Autobot City.

An alien civil war was not his concern but the Autobots did act as protectors of humanity in general. That meant that the Masters of Evil would eventually find themselves in conflict with these sentient robots.

Attacking Autobot City was out of the question. But there was an annex base that would be a much softer mark.

The Protectorbots had a dedication to protecting humans greater than the other Autobots. For that, Ultra Magnus, had them set up a small operation far from Autobot City so that they could respond to emergencies in distant places.

Gauron had his Codari series Armed Slave mech and Vicious had returned his aprentices- Xai Yu Lan and Xai Yu Fan. The two girls also had Codari Armed Slaves. To ensure victory, Gauron was given a few aces in the hole but he wanted to keep them in reserve and test out he and the girls against alien robots.

Drawing them out was easy, but he didn’t want to use the mechs. That would tip the robots off to an ensuing fight. A couple of fires and some traffic mishaps got the Protectobots out in the open.

“This is a waist of our time!” Blades complained. The humans can handle this!”

“Weren’t you just saying you needed some action?” Groove chided him.

“Something real, man! You know. Danger.”

They were the only two to respond to the emergency. Both stayed in vehicle mode utilizing holograms to pretend that they had human pilots. The people of this city had seen the Protectobots several times but Hotspot made it clear that they were not to transform unless necessary.

Blades had a point though. Neither of them were even doing anything. The human emergency response teams had it all under control and the Autobots were simply watching.

In the cockpit of her Armed Slave, Xai Yu Lan reported the Autobots’ presence.

“They are using hologram technology to blend in. The motorcycle at the end of the block. And the helicopter.”
“So they only sent two.” Gauron grinned. “The other three will come when we start hitting them. “Get the motorcycle. Xai Yu Fan wait until the helicopter comes down before engaging. I’ll hang back until the rest come running.”

Groove was taken aback by the human stealth technology. When the Armed Slave dropped it cloak, he held his position to see what it would do. A little surprised that it came right for him, Groove kept his cover, staying in motorcycle mode and driving away.

Giving chase, Xai Yu Lan set her mecha to a run, making a mighty leap when the unit had gotten enough speed. It landed a several meters short but the distance between her and her target was essentially eliminated.

Watching this, Blades began to descend, intent on supporting his teammate when another mech de-cloaked and came for him. The unit’s rifle was already aiming but Blades wasn’t having it. He transformed and free-falled, slicing down with what used to be his properller blade, now turned sword. Xia Yu Fan’s weapon was severed but she wasn’t out of the fight.

As much as he liked the fight, Blades was a Protectobot and was well aware of the humans all over the place. This made him restrict his movements tremendously and Xai Yu Fan capitalized on this making her unit draw a monomolecular cutter dagger.

Groove called in the rest of the Protectobots as he decided to transform and engage his pursuer. This mecha was quite numble and it’s pilot was putting humans in danger. They were in the middle of the city there was nowhere to run. These mecha needed to be taken out quickly and efficiently.

The sound of the cavalry coming was heard as Hotspot, Streetwise and Firstaid all had sirens in their alt modes.

Gauron too, knew what that meant.

“Alright girls,” he said over their tactical frequency. “Here comes the rest of them! Keep ‘em separated and put ‘em down hard!”

Fight Parameters:

Gauron heads off an attack on the Protectobots base. He, of course, is piloting his Venom Armed Slave mecha.

Xai Yu Lan and Xai Yu Fan are also there each piloting Armed Slaves.

All three AS’s are equipped with lambda drivers.

Their biggest objective is too keep the Protectobots separated to keep them from combining into Defensor.

To keep this one on one so that it goes on record, put the heavy lifting on Guaron and look at the girls as nameless back up.

The Protectobots are:

Hotspot (transforms into a fire engine)

Groove (police motorcycle)

Streetwise (police cruiser)

Blades (rescue helicopter)

Firsts Aid (ambulance van)

Probably not your intent, but this would qualify for the Writer's challenge heh. I'm holding my vote until I have more time to fully read it tomorrow :)

23 hours ago, IKA said:

Probably not your intent, but this would qualify for the Writer's challenge heh. I'm holding my vote until I have more time to fully read it tomorrow :)

I thought of that today at work. I really wanted a stand alone story but I don't think I can pull it off. I'll submit it a little later. Daughter needs a sandwich, other daughter needs diaper or something and the boy needs to get off the tablet.

11 minutes ago, leroypowell3 said:

I thought of that today at work. I really wanted a stand alone story but I don't think I can pull it off. I'll submit it a little later. Daughter needs a sandwich, other daughter needs diaper or something and the boy needs to get off the tablet.

Ah the wonderful world of having children. Part of the reason I worked in a daycare is because at the end of the day I got to leave them at work. Still, now that I have moved away from working there, I just want to go back to see those little monsters again. 

11 minutes ago, leroypowell3 said:

Ah the wonderful world of having children. Part of the reason I worked in a daycare is because at the end of the day I got to leave them at work. Still, now that I have moved away from working there, I just want to go back to see those little monsters again. 

Admittedly don’t know nothing about Full Metal Panic but I do know that Defensor is a very powerful bot, strong enough to reduce Bruticus, another Transformer formed by the uniting of five other bots, to complete scrap with one blast! So if the Protectobots manage to link up, this Gauron guy is most assuredly fucked.

Very well written, I can't really say there is much for me to be picky about here either. 

I love full metal panic, but can't say I'm to familiar with Defensor. Sounds like there may be a big power gap here. But if there is anyone I could see closing the gap it would be Sousuke. His tactical genious and mindset is just absurd on the battlefield. Not to mention the Lambda driver is a near perfect defensive energy toward the end of the 2nd series. 

I'm going to give it to Gauron, and give you my first 5.0 of the Special Writer's Challenge. Good job.

Match Final Results

Member Ratings:
5.00 - StormChaser
4.60 - JohnnyChany
5.00 - Boratz
4.40 - Pizzaguy2995
5.00 - IKA

FPA Calculation:
5 Total Votes cast
24.00 Total Combined Score
24.00 / 5 = 4.80 Final Rating on the match

MATCH SCORE