MATCH SCORE
Bazooka: 0
Steve (Minecraft): 2
Jackson Storm: 0

Archangel vs. Gambit
MATCH SCORE
Archangel: 1
Gambit: 4

Match 19182 Cara Dune vs. Gazelle (Kingsman)

Boratz

Chapter 3: The Heist

While the battle was short, the sadistic mercenary proved to have some tricks up his sleeve. Despite his opponent's training and tactics, the Mandalorian had far superior weapons and skills. Din Djarin was able to defeat the Cobra operative with ease. With a shot from his blaster, he hit his opponent in the chest. Major Bludd fell back onto the dusty cold floor. With coughs of blood coming from his mouth, the mercenary crawled away to rest his back against one of the temple's walls. Din watched his opponent's every move to make sure that he could counter any attack that he would try to make. Major Bludd pushed himself up and leaned back against the wall. He gasped for air while his strength was quickly fading. A cold chill ran down his spine while his body started to shiver. For so long, the Cobra operative had caused death and destruction throughout many worlds. Now in this ancient temple, he was facing his final moments. 

The defeated mercenary chuckled and coughed as he thought about his battle. While he gasped for air, the Mandalorian stood over him with his blaster trained on him. Bludd wiped his hand over his mouth and glared up at the Mandalorian.

"They say ya are good..." Bludd chuckled with his thick accent. "Didn't think ya were that good." 

"Who are you?" The Mandalorian asked. 

"Don't matter much now does it." Bludd coughed. "You have no idea what's coming. I'm just one of many. You and your kid have no idea what you're getting into."

"What's coming?" Din asked.

"You're pathetic!" Bludd growled while pulling out a concealed pistol. 

Before the Mandalorian could react, he heard a thunderous sound that shook the temple from all around. Suddenly, one of the temple walls flew out of its place and crashed against the sadistic mercenary. As the dust cleared, Din Djarin saw the image of Grogu standing before him with his eyes closed tight and his hand raised high. The Mandalorian then glanced over and saw the pieces of the stone wall crushing the corpse of the mercenary. Din shook his head and holstered his blaster. He turned to Grogu with a sigh.

"You did good, kid." Din said while staring at the young Child. 

Grogu let out a wooing sound and raced over to his guardian. 

"Let's get out of here." The Mandalorian said while walking with his young companion. 

After making their way through the ancient temple, Din Djarin and Grogu found themselves in the court yard once again. They sauntered past the same statues that they had encountered before. Grogu's eyes wandered from statue to statue once again, but this time he felt a peace within him. They were leaving this place of ruin behind. Despite his feeling of peace, Grogu also sensed that there was something dark brewing in the galaxy. The young foundling knew that he and his guardian were far from finished with what was coming. As they approached their ship, Din Djarin climbed up to the cockpit and sat himself behind the controls. Grogu hopped up into the lap of Din Djarin, and the Mandalorian started getting the ship ready. The custom N-1 Starfighter lifted off the ground and took off into the skies above. Din Djarin set the coordinates for a New Republic outpost while the Naboo starfighter entered hyperspace. 

The Mandalorian sent a transmission to his New Republic contact, Carson Teva. While traveling through the stars, Din Djarin reflected on the words of the mercenary that he had defeated. He had a bad feeling in the pit of his stomach that a new threat was coming. Din glanced down at the young Grogu and thought about the tragedies that this foundling had seen in his lifetime. While part of him wished that he could give Grogu a chance at a peaceful life, he knew that the young foundling would be in constant danger throughout the rest of his life. His only option was to train the Child to become something greater than he could ever imagine. As they approached the coordinates, Din brought them out of hyperspace. They looked over the planet that they were to meet Carson Teva. A smile formed across Grogu's cheeks after he sensed a familiar presence on the planet. 

As the silver N-1 Starfighter descended down from the skies above, a group of New Republic Rangers gathered to watch it land before them. Within this group of Rangers, a former shock trooper stood with a large smile plastered on her face. Her dark eyes widened as she saw the Mandalorian with silver Beskar armor step out of his ship with the young Child not far behind him. She soon was flooded with the last memories she had of these two together. It was on that day that Moff Gideon was apprehended and she witnessed the power of a Jedi Master. This New Republic Ranger, Cara Dune had not known that Grogu returned to the Mandalorian. As the two approached the Ranger, her smile had grown even larger as she threw out her hand to greet her old ally. Grogu raced to wrap his tiny arms around her leg while Din Djarin shook Cara's hand with a warrior's greeting. 

"Long time no see, Ranger Dune." Din greeted.

"Hello, Mando!" Cara greeted while glancing down at the young Child. "Last time that I saw the both of you, this little one was going away with the Jedi."

"There is a lot that I need to share." Din replied.

"I wish I could hear it, but I don't have much time." Cara said while her smile faded.

"Yeah, I understand you're running with the Rangers of the New Republic now." Din said while reaching into one of his pouches.

"I think they liked the idea of us capturing Gideon so they asked if I wanted to run with them. I couldn't refuse the offer." Cara responded.

Din took out the data drive and handed it to Dune. Cara looked it over and handed the drive to Carson Teva. 

"Good work, Mandalorian." Carson said while looking over the drive. "I'll get this where it needs to go and transfer the credits to you."

"All this trouble for a little drive." Cara joked. "Any idea what is on it?"

"A map of some kind. I didn't pay attention. I wasn't being paid to find out what was on it." Din replied.

"Run into any trouble?" Cara asked with a smirk.

"Besides the Bug, there was a mercenary that we encountered in the tomb." Din responded.

"Empire?" Cara asked.

"I don't think so. He had a weird symbol on his gear. Some sort of snake or serpent." Din replied while looking down at Grogu. "Before I had a chance to looked over his corpse, this little one dropped a wall on top of him." 

"Woah... He has definitely gotten more powerful since the last I saw him. I will see what we can find about any organizations with a serpent symbol." Cara said while looking back at a New Republic tent. "I hate to cut this short, but I have to briefing with Teva. He has orders directly from Coruscant for my crew and me."

"Sounds good. Be careful, Ranger Dune. The mercenary warned that there were more coming." Din said while shaking hands with Cara Dune. 

"Sounds like you are getting soft, Mando!" Cara said with a smile. "Hopefully, we can catch up sooner rather than later."

Cara watched as Din Djarin and the Child left in the N-1 Starfighter. Her large smile faded while she and her fellow Rangers started walking toward the New Republic tent. Carson Teva had just briefed his superiors about retrieving the drive. He was going to prepare his X-Wing to personally deliver it to Coruscant. While briefing Cara Dune and her companions about a new mission on the outer rim, they started gathering their supplies. Carson sauntered out of the tent while Cara stayed with her team. Suddenly, Cara and her team felt the ground shake beneath them. A powerful explosion shook the tent while their ears started ringing. Cara raced out of the tent and saw Carson Teva knocked out on the ground. His X-Wing had exploded in front of him and the force of the blast had knocked him out. As she ran to his side, she heard another explosion from behind. The Ranger turned and her eyes widened in horror as the New Republic tent was engulfed in flames. Her entire team was killed in a blast. Black smoke filled the air around as she glanced in all directions. She then saw a figure quickly emerging from the smoke and Dune immediately drew her blaster. The figure was charging at her with great speed.

From across the galaxy,

After learning of Major Bludd's demise, Destro cried out in anger. He did not want to bring this news to the attention of Cobra Commander. The weapons manufacturer tried to think over his options. In order for Cobra and its allies to achieve their ultimate goals, they needed this map. After looking over his computer and analyzing the data from an inside source in the New Republic, Destro found where the map was heading. A sinister smile formed across his cheeks while he found an asset on a star system not far from there. The weapons manufacturer had some hesitancy about this asset as he had never worked with her before, but he knew that she had a lethal reputation. Destro sent a transmission to this assassin in hopes that she would respond quickly. Much to his delight, the assassin responded within a matter of moments. 

"What can I do for Cobra?" Gazelle asked with a cold smile.

"My dear, Gazelle, I have heard extraordinary things about you!" Destro exclaimed.

"I'm glad my reputation proceeds me. It also comes with a high price if you are looking for my services." Gazelle gloated.

"Do not fret about price, my dear. If you can do what I need, you will certainly be well compensated. You may also find yourself with a very lucrative career with my associates." Destro replied. 

"What is it that you need?" Gazelle asked.

"The New Republic has a little data drive that we need. I am sending you the coordinates now. You won't have long window before it is gone." Destro said while sending the coordinates to Gazelle. 

Gazelle smiled while looking over the coordinates. "Consider it done."

Gazelle followed the coordinates to a New Republic outpost. After watching a Mandalorian in silver Beskar armor depart from the planet, the lethal assassin had watched while the New Republic Rangers gathered into a nearby tent. As she watched one of the pilots heading to his X-Wing, she set off a blast that obliterated the ship. The blast knocked out the pilot. As one of the Rangers ran out of the tent, she sent another blast down that destroyed the New Republic tent. The highly trained assassin saw the surviving Ranger taking out a blaster. Gazelle charged at the Ranger with all the strength that she had. She got the razor-sharp blades on her legs ready as she made her way toward Cara Dune. Gazelle also reached down and took out a blaster that she had on her side. 

Cara Dune has a small blaster and a knife.

Gazelle has a small blaster and her bladed legs.