Ken Masters: 6

Helena Shaw vs. Lori Quaid
MATCH SCORE
Helena Shaw: 2
Lori Quaid: 3

Match 18959 Maya vs. Lavia

JohnnyChany

THE TRUE CHOSEN ONE: A 2ND FIGHTING GAME CROSSOVER PART 3

(Mortal Kombat/Killer Instinct/BlazBlue/Darkstalkers/Bloody Roar/Red Earth/Eternal Champions/
Mace: The Dark Age)

image.jpeg.1a4bbeb6cd44def8b25e1ea7dc9aff7d.jpeg

Larcen Tyler and Al-Rashid battled back and forth, with the assassin not sure what to make of this fighter from the future. Al-Rashid lunged at Larcen with his blades, but Larcen quickly evaded the piercing strikes. Larcen then used his grappling hook as a ranged weapon and flung it at Al-Rashid’s hands, knocking loose one of the swords from Al-Rashid’s hands and entangling the other in the grappling hook. Larcen pulled the grappling hook toward the ground which neutralized Al-Rashid’s most dangerous weapons. Larcen yanked on the rope of the grappling hook as he jumped toward Al-Rashid to add to his momentum. He landed with a thunderous right cross across Al-Rashid’s face with his clawed fist. Larcen followed with a slide attack that knocked Al-Rashid off his feet. After a series of tanglangquan strikes, Al-Rashid fell to the ground. Larcen lifted Al-Rashid up off the ground by his vest and prepared to hit him again with his clawed fist, until he realized the dangerous assassin was no longer able to actively defend himself and released his opponent back to the ground, unwilling to kill a defenseless man.

LARCEN: Satisfied? Have I proven myself?

The Eternal Champion, Raiden, and Fujin had been watching the fight intently through the Cauldron of Time.

RAIDEN: I would say so.

FUJIN: A most impressive showing.

RAIDEN: I have seen enough. You may transport him back here.

The Eternal Champion used his powers to teleport Larcen Tyler back from the past. But, as Larcen began to phase away, two women jumped out from their hiding spots and grabbed onto him. When he appeared back in the Eternal Champion’s cabin, both women were with him.

RAIDEN: What do we have here?

ETERNAL CHAMPION: Stowaways in the transport. You don’t belong here.

Both women released their holds on Larcen and looked around to try and gather their surroundings.

KOYASHA: I don’t know where 'here’ is. 

FUJIN: Why did you grab on to Larcen Tyler?

NAMIRA: I can’t speak for her, but I grabbed on because I wanted answers. I was just about to attack Al-Rashid when this bizzare looking man appeared. He fought Al-Rashid before I could and defeated him. The man I had been hunting since his father murdered my family was beaten by a man talking to the air and I needed to know more.

KOYASHA: I also came upon the battle as it happened. I had been hunting Al-Rashid to prove my strength and abilities for a while now. When I saw the fight, I concluded that the man with the odd appearance and unorthodox weapons must be the result of Asmodeus’s dark magic. I had hoped latching myself onto him as he disappeared would bring to the demon himself. Obviously, I was mistaken.

Raiden was intrigued by this development and turned his attention to the Eternal Champion.

RAIDEN: What do you know of these women?

ETERNAL CHAMPION: They are two of the most gifted fighters of their time. Koyasha, a kunoichi from Japan well versed in the art of the kill. And Namira, the lost Princess Tulwara of Arabia. She was sold into slavery as a small child after the murder of her family. During her time enslaved in a harem, she learned how to be deadly with a scimitar. Their fates were linked to that of Al-Rashid and to the Tanis Mace from the demon, Asmodeus. It is a mistake that they are here, and we should send them back quickly so they can live out their lives as intended.

Larcen Tyler straightened his overcoat.

LARCEN: Yeah, and I don’t appreciate being used like some city trolley.

RAIDEN: Let’s not be overly hasty, perhaps destiny has brought them here. We are looking for skilled fighters, and fate has delivered us two more. Ladies, you have been brought to the future where I believe you can do some real good.

NAMIRA: Whoever you are, whatever battle you are fighting, it is not my fight.

RAIDEN: But it could be. Do you really wish to return to the kingdom you only knew as a child? Are you even that same girl anymore? Would you not want to help other young girls from facing similar circumstances?

Namira thought over this proposition and Raiden moved on to Koyasha.

RAIDEN: You said you seek out Asmodeus. You may be disheartened to learn that the demon still lives in the here and now, centuries after your time. He is now a resident of the Netherrealm. If you agree to help us in our fight against Outworld, I will help you find and vanquish Asmodeus once and for all.

Fujin and the Eternal Champion were a little uneasy about this direction that Raiden was taking, but neither one spoke up.

image.jpeg.d14b5ac2160eef4dfeaf3c75bb562389.jpeg

Elsewhere, the last remaining Night Guard, Maya, wandered around the jungles of South America in a confused state. The area appeared familiar to the home that Maya once knew, but there was something that was inherently different. Something was wrong. Maya’s suspicions were confirmed when she arrived close to a village that was starkly different from the one that she had known all her life. Something had happened. Maya was in the middle of a battle against the evil sorcerer, Kan-Ra, when a white flash of light had interrupted them. That flash had teleported Maya to a world similar to her own, but not the same. She wondered if it was some dark magic performed by Kan-Ra or some weapon unleashed by Ultratech. Whatever the cause, Maya was determined to find the answer.

Suddenly, screams from the village echoed through the trees. Maya made haste to get to the origin of the screams. The village was under attack. A vicious harpy creature named Lavia was terrorizing all of the village’s inhabitants. Lavia was also from a different world, blinked into this dimension from the land of Gora. Confused by her sudden displacement, Lavia fell back on the one thing she had been modified to do by the wicked sorcerer, Scion, and that was to destroy everything in her path. Despite being in a strange new land, Maya felt an obligation to uphold her Night Guard tradition. She was, after all, a monster hunter.

MAYA: Prepare yourself, beast! You are now my prey!

I'm thinking the characters from Bloody Roar and Eternal Champions will probably face the most uphill challenges when faced with the other franchises, similar to the Virtua Fighter characters in the first arc, but I try to match them all up in a way that makes sense in at very least a thematic way.

Also, after looking at all the characters I had picked for this I realized I had a huge disproportionate amount of Mortal Kombat characters compared to all the other franchises (partially because they have so many freakin' characters) so I scaled their representation back and added some Guilty Gear characters.

Match Final Results

Member Ratings:
5.00 - Boratz
5.00 - patrickthekid
4.70 - Mercenaryblade
4.60 - DSkillz

FPA Calculation:
4 Total Votes cast
19.30 Total Combined Score
19.30 / 4 = 4.83 Final Rating on the match

MATCH SCORE
Maya (Killer Instinct): 1