Rumble 20541 Batman (Nolanverse) vs. Judas Breed
MATCH SCORE
Batman: 2
Judas Breed: 0

Tournament - MST3K vs. Athena (Tomorrowland)
MATCH SCORE
MST3K: 4
Athena (Tomorrowland): 0

Rumble 20540 Oroku Hiroto vs. Samael vs. Kim Minsu
MATCH SCORE
Oroku Hiroto: 0
Samael: 1
Kim Minsu: 3

Rumble 20539 Whitespikes vs. The Xenomorphs
MATCH SCORE
Whitespikes: 0
The Xenomorphs: 3

Cameron Poe vs. Castor Troy
MATCH SCORE
Cameron Poe: 3
Castor Troy: 0

Match 18925 Kesuke Miyagi vs. Grandpa Mori

JohnnyChany

image.jpeg.e9b1d866fe7fe8c3de6b6bb6f1a98bff.jpeg

It was finally the day of the Reseda Invitational Senior Tournament and Daniel Larusso was excited. His mentor, Kesuke Miyagi, was less so, but Daniel-san had enough enthusiasm for the both of them.

“Oh, this is going to be great, Mr. Miyagi. Just you wait and see,” said Daniel.

“I don’t know, doesn’t seem right,” stated Miyagi.

“What do you mean? The community is doing this big outreach thing to its older citizens, you get to get out of the house and be active, and most importantly we are trying to open a dojo,” Daniel reminded. “Students are going to be lining up around the door once they see you in action.”

“Someone could get hurt,” noted Miyagi.

“It won’t be you. I’ve seen you take down much younger guys. None of these old guys are going to be able to touch you,” Daniel boasted.

“The seeds of cockiness blossom when soiled in ignorance,” Miyagi chided. “Do not assume anyone’s skill level based on their age, Daniel-san.”

Daniel immediately repented. “Of course, Mr. Miyagi. I apologize. I didn’t mean to disrespect anyone here.”

Daniel glanced over at the large bracket displayed nearby. There was still a couple of names still needing to be filled out, but what Daniel was looking for was Mr. Miyagi’s placement in the bracket. There was a retired former sensei of Cobra Kai also competing and Daniel had met with the tournament organizers a few days earlier to help ensure that he and Mr. Miyagi would be on opposite ends of the bracket. Due to the buzz surrounding Daniel’s tournament victory the year prior, it was an easy sell to make. Daniel was convinced the finals would again spark the entire community.

image.jpeg.1243d7e6359d551df3f26f22a33fa7ba.jpeg

Elsewhere, another competitor for the tournament arrived with his three grandsons.

“When I said I was willing to do a family outing, this wasn’t the destination I was expecting,” Mori Tanaka remarked.

“C’mon grandpa, you said you would give me anything for my birthday. This is what I want,” said his youngest grandson, Tum Tum.

“It’s what we all want,” the middle grandson, Colt, added. “So you can look at it as the birthday present for all of us this year.”

Rocky, the oldest, nodded in agreement.

Mori scoffed. “You all want to see your grandfather embarrassed.”

“There is no way you’ll get embarrassed. You beat that Snyder guy last year and he was like half your age,” stated Tum Tum.

“You’re the best ninja around, we all know that,” Rocky proclaimed. “When you win this tournament, all these people will know it too.”

“The techniques that I taught you are to be used for self-defense and the defense of your family,” said Mori. “Not to be shown off in some tournament.”

“You may not admit it, but I bet you’re going to have a lot of fun, grandpa,” predicted Colt.

Tum Tum grabbed Mori's arm. “Hurry, Hurry, we need to get you registered,”

Soon after he was registered, it was quickly time for Mori’s first round match. He wore his traditional ninja garb that Rocky had brought with them and quickly dispatched his opponent. Despite the raucous cheering from his grandsons, Mori quietly felt some disappointment by the skill level of his opponent. This continued when Mori watched the second match and his misgivings that he didn’t really belong there were reinforced. This lasted until the third match when he witnessed the skill of Kesuke Miyagi and felt a sudden burst of competitiveness and a desire to match up with Miyagi down the line. For his part, Miyagi took notice off Mori during the next round, the semi-finals. He was impressed by Mori’s technique, he said nothing to Daniel, but he internally had already deduced his biggest challenger in this tournament.

Mori Tanaka matched up with the former Cobra Kai sensei in the semifinals and defeated him much to the dismay of Daniel.

“Oh no, he lost,” Daniel lost.

“The better man won,” Mr. Miyagi observed.

“Yeah I guess, but I was really looking forward to that showdown. I was actually counting on it,” Daniel admitted.

“Are you not looking forward to the finals now?” Miyagi asked.

“No, I am. And Mori Tanaka has been doing great and all.. He’s just kind of….goofy. He’s not even wearing a gi, he looks like he is dressed up for Halloween.”

Daniel’s disparaging comments fueled disappointment in Mr. Miyagi and he silently left Daniel to get ready for the final match.

“Good luck Mr. Miyagi, you got this,” Daniel called out.

“One more, grandpa, just one more!” screamed out Tum Tum.

Kesuke Miyagi and Mori Tanaka stood a few feet from each other and bowed respectfully to one another.

“I have been looking forward to this since the second round,” said Miyagi.

“I would be lying if I didn’t say that I too was hoping for this match,” Mori informed.

Match Final Results

Member Ratings:
5.00 - Boratz
5.00 - StormChaser

FPA Calculation:
2 Total Votes cast
10.00 Total Combined Score
10.00 / 2 = 5.00 Final Rating on the match

MATCH SCORE
Kesuke Miyagi: 3
Grandpa Mori: 0