Rumble 20541 Batman (Nolanverse) vs. Judas Breed
MATCH SCORE
Batman: 2
Judas Breed: 0

Tournament - MST3K vs. Athena (Tomorrowland)
MATCH SCORE
MST3K: 4
Athena (Tomorrowland): 0

Rumble 20540 Oroku Hiroto vs. Samael vs. Kim Minsu
MATCH SCORE
Oroku Hiroto: 0
Samael: 1
Kim Minsu: 3

Rumble 20539 Whitespikes vs. The Xenomorphs
MATCH SCORE
Whitespikes: 0
The Xenomorphs: 3

Cameron Poe vs. Castor Troy
MATCH SCORE
Cameron Poe: 3
Castor Troy: 0

Match 18809 Booster Gold vs. Hippety Hopper

broadwaybeyonder

Jaime Reyes, the Blue Beetle, flew in the air over the docks of Metropolis harbor.  Normally he would enjoy the thrill of flight, even with the Scarab constantly notifying him of potential threats.  But at this moment, he would have preferred the Scarab to what he was facing at this moment. 

“And then I fired a blast at Grodd just as he was creeping up on Ted from behind,” bragged Booster Gold.  “Which is pretty impressive.  Not just because it was a heck of a shot, but because not even I knew a 500-pound gorilla could creep like that.”  Jaime sighed as Booster and his robot Skeets flew alongside him.  “Another fantastic, heroic exploit, sir!” Skeets chirped. 

“The Booster Gold is becoming tiresome,” the Scarab hissed in Jaime’s mind.  “Recommended tactic: obliterate the drone, project an EMP to disrupt the Booster Gold’s armor, then continue our mission!” 

“Uh, yeah, thanks.  Cool story, man,” said Jaime.  Booster put his arm around Jaime’s shoulder.  “Yeah, me and Ted were a great team.  He saved me, I saved him more.  So, if you ever need anything, just let me know.” 

“What we need is for the Booster Gold to cease talking!” muttered the Scarab.  “Quiet, ese!”  whispered Jaime. 

“What’s that, kid?” asked Booster.  “Err, nothing, Mr. Gold,” said Jaime.  Booster chuckled and slapped Jaime on the back, causing the Scrab to give an electrical whine of discomfort.  “No need for mister, kid.  Just call me Booster.  I don’t want you to just see you as a mentor or a partner.  You can see as a friend.  A father figure!” 

“Um, really?” asked Jaime. 

“Sure!  Think of it!  A hero from the 25th century and the League’s newest, youngest hero!  Heroes of the Future!  I’m smelling reality show, maybe even a movie deal!  What do you think?” 

Jaime was about to Booster Gold what the Scarab thought until Martian Manhunter’s voice came over their comms.  “Booster Gold, Blue Beetle.  Do you read me?” 

“Loud and clear, J’onn!” said Booster.  “Skeets and I have been scanning the docks and there’s been no sign of Krolotean activity.  That tip we got must’ve been a dud.” 

“The Watchtower’s scanners are detecting a force field around a warehouse 10 miles from your position,” Manhunter said gravely.  “Did you program your drone to scan for all known Krolotean signatures, not just for their robots?”  Booster coughed as Jaime smirked.  “Yeah, J’onn, but Skeets has been on the fritz lately.” 

“But, sir!” protested Skeets.  “I’m sorry, but you didn’t tell me to…” 

“No worries, J’onn!” interrupted Booster.  “We are on our way to investigate!  Booster Gold out!”  He turned to Jaime.  “It’s showtime, kid!  Let’s go!”  Booster Gold zoomed off in the direction of the warehouse as Jaime followed after him.  “The Booster Gold is not fit to lead this offensive,” grumbled the Scarab.  “Now, Scarab,” Jaime said sarcastically.  “Don’t say that about our ‘father figure’.” 

When the pair reached the warehouse, both Skeets and the Scarab scanned it.  “Martian Manhunter was correct, sir!  The force field is in place.  Consistent with Krolotean energy signatures!” 

“Confirmed, Jaime Reyes,” said the Scarab.  “Unable to detect number of hostiles inside the structure.  Suggested tactic: obliteration of the structure!” 

“And nuking anyone that’s inside?” said Jaime.  “How are we supposed to know if the Krolotean’s have hostages in there?” 

“Who are you talking to, kid?”  Jaime turned to see Booster and Skeets looking at him.  “Uh, nobody, Mr… Booster.  What’s the plan?”  Booster adjusted his gauntlets and checked his reflection in Skeets.  “The plan is I’ll use my suit to cut a hole through that forcefield and check out what’s inside.  Then when I shut down the field, you can come in for back up.” 

“Why does the Booster Gold feel the need to lead the attack?  We are far more technologically advanced and skilled than this fool!” 

“Are you sure, ese?” asked Jaime, ignoring the Scarab’s ranting.  “Maybe I should go in with you.  We have no clue how many of these Krolotean things are in there.” 

“Don’t you worry, kid,” said Booster.  “You just guard the perimeter and let the pro show you how it’s done.  Is the suit ready, Skeets?” 

“Ready to fire the pulse, sir!  The gap in the field will stay open for 5 seconds before closing again.  Your timing must be perfect!” 

“And is the camera recording?” 

“Rolling, sir!” 

“Okay then!  Let’s go for the gold!” 

Jaime and the Scarab groaned as Booster fired a blast from his gauntlets at the force field.  The energy crackled as an oval opening appeared over a skylight.  Booster Gold and Skeets dived through the hole and crashed through the skylight.  Booster landed in a three-point stance in the center of aisle with crates and cardboard boxes on either side.  He glanced up at Skeets.  “Did you get that?  I’d hate to have to do a second take.” 

“A perfect take, sir.  But now, perhaps we should be on the lookout for any Kroloteans?”  The gadgetry of Booster’s suit began to give a series of beeps.  “I really hope that isn’t bad news, Skeets.” 

“Nothing major, sir,” said Skeets nervously.  “It just took more power than expected to break through the force field.  The suit is going to need to time to recharge it’s weapons systems.” 

“Swell,” Booster groaned.  “Going into battle with aliens and all I have is my good looks.” 

Suddenly Booster heard a strange noise.  It sounded like a spring bouncing from around the corner.  Grabbing Skeets, Booster ducked down behind a large crate.  He peeked up to see a small kangaroo hopping down the aisle, a look of contentment on it’s face.  “Um, Skeets?” asked Booster.  “Are kangaroos native to Metropolis?” 

“Not in this time period, sir,” replied Skeets.  “Which begs the question what it is doing here.” 

Booster Gold perked up.  “Unless it’s not a kangaroo!  Remember, Skeets?  J’onn was telling us that the Krolotean’s make robot suits to disguise themselves.  Maybe that’s one of the Kroloteans!” 

“Disguised as a kangaroo, sir?” 

“Why not?  Ok, here’s the plan!  I catch this guy, and make ‘em tell us where the rest of the Kroloteans are hiding!” 

“But, sir…” 

But Booster wasn’t listening.  He leapt out from behind the box and grabbed the kangaroo by the arms.  “Ok, buster!  Time to come along quietly!” 

The kangaroo gave a leap that broke it loose from Booster’s grip, then delivered a kick that sent him crashing into a pile of boxes.  Booster tried to shake the cobwebs as Skeets hovered over to him.  “I was trying to tell you, sir.  A kangaroo, even a robot kangaroo, is particularly strong.” 

“Just tell me I’ve at least got flight back online,” Booster grunted as he threw a box off of him. 

“Flight systems are go.  Weapons systems will take approximately 5 minutes to be operational.” 

“I’m not going to need them for this guy!”  Booster took to the air and zoomed down to face the kangaroo. 

Outside the force field Jaime and the Scarab listened over their comms to the sound of Booster Gold engaging the supposed Krolotean, along with the noises of smashing crates and breaking glass.  “The Booster Gold seems to be having difficulty,” the Scarab said smugly.  “Que lastima,” smirked Jaime.  “Our ‘father figure’ is having a problem dealing with one, little Krolotean.  Oh, the shame of it.” 

OK:

Booster Gold thinks that Hippety is actually a Krolotean in a robotic suit. 

Booster starts with flight but no weaponry for the first 5 minutes of the fight. 

Game On! 

THE BOTTOM LINE

Booster Gold was crashing through a window and landed on the dock outside of the warehouse.  Skeets quickly hovered to his side.  “Are you alright, sir?”  Booster Gold groaned in pain as he rose to a knee.  “I thought you said I’d have my weapons back in 5 minutes!” 

“I’m sorry, sir.  But your suit has taken damage.  That animal is particularly strong for it’s size.” 

“Yeah, yeah, whatever!  Do I have weapons or not?” 

Skeets glanced down at Booster’s gloves as they began to glow.  “You are fully powered, sir, but…” 

“But nothing!  I’m about to show this Krolotean what Booster Gold can do!” 

“But, sir!  We’re outside the building!” 

“So what?!” 

“If we’re outside the building, what happened to the forcefield?” 

“We happened to it, ese!” 

Booster and Skeets turned to see Blue Beetle gliding down to earth, holding a Krolotean by the scruff of it’s neck.  The alien chattered and snarled angrily as Jaime explained.  “Our friend here was trying to make a run for it.  He was trying to load some stolen tech into a skiff south of here.  Put up a fight, but lucky the robot suits these Kroloteans have are more for disguise than for battles.”  Booster Gold looked at the Krolotean, then back to Skeets.  “If that’s the Krolotean, then what was…” 

Hippety Hopper happily bounced out the door of the warehouse.  He gave a cheery wave to the heroes before hopping off into the night.  “That, Booster,” said Jaime, barely containing his amusement.  “Was a kangaroo.” 

“The Booster Gold has failed as a team leader,” said the Scarab.  “Recommended course of action: obliterate and seek out new commanding officer.” 

J’onn J’onnz voice came over the heroes’ comm units.  “Booster Gold, Blue Beetle.  We have heard reports of weapons fire in your area.  What is your status?”  Booster Gold could only stand with his mouth opening and closing as he stared off where the kangaroo had disappeared. 

“We’re all good, J’onn,” said Jaime.  “We found the source of the signal.  It was just one Krolotean though.  Booster found him and brought him in.”  Booster could only stammer.  “Good work, Booster Gold,” said J’onn.  “You and Beetle can bring the prisoner to the Zeta-tube and to Watchtower for questioning.  Manhunter out.” 

Booster looked at Jaime in shock.  “What… why’d you say that for?”  Beetle shrugged.  “Just having the back of my father figure.”  Booster laughed in relief and held out his fist.  “Yeah!  I knew we’d work great together!  Pound it!  Er, people do still pound it in this decade, don’t they?”  Blue Beetle instead handed over the Krolotean to Booster.  “How about you show your appreciation by taking our friend up to his nice, warm cell?  I have a party back home that I was hoping to get to.”  Blue Beetle turned to lift off as Booster Gold shouted after him.  “Hey!  Why should I get stuck with all the paperwork?”  Blue Beetle’s wings projected out as answered.  “Yeah, that is true.  Maybe I could help with the report.  Say how Booster Gold dove headfirst into a fight with a kangaroo and lost.”  Booster thought for a moment then sighed.  “Have a nice party.” 

Giving a cheeky salute, Blue Beetle launched into the air.  “An excellent stratagem, Jaime Reyes,” the Scarab said approvingly.  “Thanks, ese,” said Jaime.  “I thought so too.”  Booster watched as Blue Beetle disappeared into the night sky.  “That kid is smarter than I thought.  Weird but smart.” 

“And don’t worry, sir,” said Skeets as Booster lifted off the ground with the Krolotean.  “I am sure we can do something with the footage of the battle.  If you would like me to do some clever editing I’m sure I can make it look like you were battling a vicious monster as opposed to a…”

“Skeets?” 

“Yes, sir?” 

“Shut up.”  

“Yes, sir.” 

• Like 1

Sorry I missed out on this one, broadway. You had Booster Gold and Hippety Hoppity as their usual egotistically inept and powerful, slippery selves, respectively. 

This was probably the right outcome, too. I don't think Booster had anything that could hurt or contain Hippety, and Hippety probably couldn't, or even try to, seriously hurt Booster. 

• Like 1