Tournament - MST3K vs. Athena (Tomorrowland)
MATCH SCORE
MST3K: 4
Athena (Tomorrowland): 0

Rumble 20540 Oroku Hiroto vs. Samael vs. Kim Minsu
MATCH SCORE
Oroku Hiroto: 0
Samael: 1
Kim Minsu: 3

Rumble 20539 Whitespikes vs. The Xenomorphs
MATCH SCORE
Whitespikes: 0
The Xenomorphs: 3

Cameron Poe vs. Castor Troy
MATCH SCORE
Cameron Poe: 3
Castor Troy: 0

Raphael (Mirage) vs. Ken Masters
MATCH SCORE
Raphael (Mirage): 4
Ken Masters: 6

Match 18778 King (Art Of Fighting) vs. Tifa Lockhart

JohnnyChany

THE NEXUS BAR PART 1

image.jpeg.77c04b3c5d7943e40864665c21907509.jpeg

Dave and Dan, co-owners of the brand-new Nexus Bar, had finally narrowed down their bartender opening position to two final candidates. They laid out the files for both candidates on a round table in the back room.

“Ok, let’s go over this one more time and just make a call,” declared Dave.

“Yeah, it’s time,” Dan agreed. “We are going to be opening soon and we need a premier bartender. First of all, the basics. Both ladies have extensive experience tending bar. Tifa ran the Seventh Heaven bar in Midgar and King owned and operated the Illusion Bar in Southtown.”

“Being business owners of their own bars is definitely a plus. No clear experience edge for either. Why are they looking for work again?” asked Dave.

“King is looking to get out of Southtown, which has a large criminal underground, and Tifa’s bar was flattened by a sector plate from the city above its location,” Dan reminded.

Dave shrugged. “Yeah I would say it’s a reasonable move for both of them to want a fresh start. What’s next? Oh yeah, overall appearance."

Dan furrowed his brow as he looked at his partner.

“Don’t look at me like that. I’m not trying to objectify them or anything. I’m thinking strictly from a business perspective. A bartender that is easy on the eyes is good for business, simple as that,” insisted Dave.

This time Dan shrugged, and he glanced at their respective pictures. “Well, there is no denying that Tifa is a bonafide knockout. So, she has that in her favor.” Dan then picked up the picture of King. “But I think it would be a mistake to discount King. She is stunning, she really rocks the tomboy look and there is an elegance about her that you just don’t find in many bartenders.”

Dave considered this for a moment before he continued. “Ok what about personality? This is the service industry, and we want our premier bartender to display exceptional customer service.”

Since King’s picture was still in Dan’s hand, he went with her first. “King is very sophisticated and professional. Her presence alone would no doubt classy up our establishment and project a cosmopolitan aura that could really do well for us.”

“And Tifa?”

Dan sighed. “She is the kindest, sweetest and most loving person I’ve ever interviewed. We would never have to worry about repeat business with her because I’m fairly certain all our patrons will fall in love with her.”

Dave groaned in frustration. “We aren’t getting any closer to a definitive answer with the traditional categories. Let’s switch it up to some out of left field qualities.”

“Such as?”

“Well, being at a nexus, we don’t know what kind of patrons this place is going to attract, and we are a little strapped for cash until we really get going, so we won’t be able to hire security for a little while. A bartender that can defend herself in a fight would be great get,” Dave explained.

“If that’s the case, then again, we are in good hands either way,” stated Dan. “King is an unorthodox Muay Thai fighter who has been participating in world martial arts tournaments for years. Tifa is also a martial artist who has taken down scores of soldiers and monsters. She has access to some strange magic called materia and apparently she helped save the world from some crazy powerful psycho named Sephiroth.”

“Both very impressive, although Tifa slightly more so. Do you think one or the other would be better at promoting our bar?” Dave inquired.

“Off the top of my head I would have to say King. She would be able to promote our bar whenever she travels the world for her King of Fighters tournaments….” Dan hesitated.

“But?”

“But from what I’ve been told Tifa already has a huge built-in following of loyal customers who will follow her wherever she goes. It would be foolish to go against a built-in base.”

Dave placed his palms on the table. “Ok they both can’t be perfect candidates. There has to be some drawback. What potential disasters would each candidate bring?”

“Tifa was part of an ecoterrorist organization called Avalanche. They fought against the Shinra Electric Power Company, which was powerful enough, no pun intended, to…let me see here…” Dan checked Tifa’s file for clarification. “Yeah, powerful enough to own politicians and even have its own military. Tifa used her old bar as Avalanche’s headquarters. If we hire her here, we have to make sure she understands that is not an option in this establishment.”

“So King is definitely the safer choice,” Dave concluded.

“Not necessarily,” Dan countered. “Before she became a bar owner, King worked as a bouncer for the very same criminal underworld she is trying to put in her rear-view mirror. There is no guarantee that they won’t follow her here looking for trouble.”

Dave lifted his arms in exasperation. “That’s it. I give up.  I can't make this decision.”

“I thought talking it through would help, but I’m still stumped too,” said Dan.

“You know what, let’s give the decision over to our other partner,” Dave suggested.

“They have been strangely quiet this entire time. I’m content to go in whichever direction they choose,” stated Dan.

Dave and Dan turn toward you and say in unison, “Pick us a bartender for the Nexus Bar!”

I this the Dan and Dave from the Olympics waaaay back in the early nineties and then one of them didn't even qualify?  Do you remember that? Are you that old enough to even know about those two?

This doesn't seem like a fight but instead the best person to hire as a bartender. Good points for King but a brotha going to try to get served by Tifa all night.

I go with Tifa. 🥰

Anyway, I give the setup a 5.0.

2 hours ago, leroypowell3 said:

I this the Dan and Dave from the Olympics waaaay back in the early nineties and then one of them didn't even qualify?  Do you remember that? Are you that old enough to even know about those two?

This doesn't seem like a fight but instead the best person to hire as a bartender. Good points for King but a brotha going to try to get served by Tifa all night.

It is not the Dan and Dave from the olympics although they were 100% the random inspiration for the names when I was putting it together. I'm old enough to have very vague memories of seeing all the hype commercials as a kid but not old enough to know anything else about them.

The conceit of the matchup is absolutely not a fight between the two but a choice on who people would want to be the bartender of a cross dimensional bar I want to use a setting for future fights and contests.

13 minutes ago, Venom 2009 said:

I go with Tifa. 🥰

Anyway, I give the setup a 5.0.

Thanks Venom.

• Like 1

Match Final Results

Member Ratings:
5.00 - patrickthekid
4.70 - Boratz
5.00 - Venom 2009

FPA Calculation:
3 Total Votes cast