Lori Quaid: 3

Rumble 20533 Demoman vs. Ogra
MATCH SCORE
Demoman: 0
Ogra: 3

Match 18772 Captain America vs. Darth Vader

Boratz

Prt. III

From all directions, the world started to crack with violent quakes. The sound of that dreadful grandfather clock had faded away, and the souls of the workers were freed from their imprisonment. Brother Voodoo looked over the men while the souls returned to their physical bodies. As this Upside-Down realm started to collapse on itself, the Houngan Supreme knew that he would have to return to his world soon. There was a laughing that he could hear amongst the ensuing chaos. Drumm turned his head and glanced back at the enemy that he had just faced. The mutilated and burning body of Henry Creel had rested itself upon a series of vines. With a steady movement, the Sorcerer turned back to face the evil creature that he had just defeated.  

"Why do you laugh? You have lost!" Brother Voodoo hissed while watching the life fade away from Vecna.

"My death is but the beginning of the end of your world." Vecna laughed. "Your suffering is coming soon!"

In a final breath, the wicked creature's life quickly faded and his body had turned to ash. The sky above had turned to flame, and Jericho quickly made his way back to his own world. Waking up in his physical body, Brother Voodoo took a deep breath and opened his eyes. The cold air pressed against his skin as he glanced in all directions. He saw Kate Bishop walking over to the logging company workers. Each one appeared to be shaking and vomiting. Their skin color was slowly returning back to its normal state. Brother Voodoo had stood before everyone and gazed up at the stars above. There was a sense of dread that filled his chest while he heard laughter returning to the men that he had rescued. 

"We must go now!" Brother Voodoo yelled while feeling his hands tremble. 

Lights shined down from the cold dark skies above while quinjets and helicopters circled the area. Steadily moving through the thick forest, Kate Bishop could see the S.H.I.E.L.D. logo painted on the side of the helicopters. The young archer smiled and let out a sigh of relief. She glanced back at the Houngan Supreme and the group of survivors. Kate then turned back and saw the logging company in the distance. The workers cheered as they saw the lights beaming out of the building. They dashed through the snow and made their way through the thick cold forest. 

Surrounded by S.H.I.E.L.D. operatives, Kate and Jericho watched while the survivors were loaded into a large medical helicopter. Both heroes glanced at each other and Kate could not help but smile. She felt relief for being able to help rescue these men from the horrors that were beyond this world. One of the strike team leaders had told both Kate and Brother Voodoo that Director Fury wanted them back at base as soon as possible for a detailed description of what had just occurred. 

"I must stay!" Brother Voodoo insisted. "This is not over!"

"Orders are orders!" The strike team leader yelled. "Captain Steve Rogers is on his way with reinforcements! We got this covered, Drumm!"

Brother Voodoo sighed while he and Kate loaded up into one of the quinjets. Both of them started their briefing over a computer. The Houngan Supreme felt uneasy about not staying behind, but he was not certian what was about to come. There was something about what Henry Creel had said that haunted the Sorcerer. Brother Voodoo knew that once he arrived at the S.H.I.E.L.D. base, he would need to seek out the Sorcerer Supreme. 

One of the S.H.I.E.L.D. satellites had picked up an unusual energy signature deep within the woods. Director Fury had sent orders to the strike team to investigate the source of the energy and recover it if possible. The team of highly trained operatives had started to make their way through the cold thick forest. Over the radio, they listened to Kate Bishop describe the hostile that she had faced on a cliff. They thought they were prepared for anything in that forest. They thought they would be prepared to face the dark wraith.

While heading toward the Appalachian Mountains, Steve Rogers listened carefully to the short briefings of both Kate Bishop and Jericho Drumm. After listening to Voodoo's words, he also started feeling uneasy about the mission. There was a part of him that wished he would have called in support from the Avengers, but most of them were busy with events all over the world. Steve's blue eyes gazed over the screens within the quinjet that he was in and realized that he would need to be ready for whatever threat may present itself. That uneasy feeling in his chest soon turned to worry after hearing that there was a disturbance in the radio communications. The satellite had soon started to malfunction and that energy signal had been distorted. Captain America realized that the strike team was in grave danger. 

In frigid cold air, the faint sound of mechanical breathing could be heard. There was a chill that ran down the spines of the operatives of the S.H.I.E.L.D. strike team as they steadily moved through the thick forest of the Appalachian Mountains. After meeting with Kate Bishop and Brother Voodoo, the strike team had their sights set on the mysterious hooded figure that Kate described to them. Through the snow-covered trees, they could not find their prey. Brother Voodoo warned them that the Witch-king was cunning and ruthless. This strike team of highly trained S.H.I.E.L.D. operatives had seen some of the worst scenarios known to man, but this threat was beyond the limitations of man. With each faint sound of that breathing, they soon realized that they were being watched by something hidden in the shadows. One of the strike team members tried to use a Stark satellite in the atmosphere to get a layout of the land, but something was interfering with his equipment.  

They soon realized that they were not only being watched by something deep within this forest, but they were also being hunted. A line of sweat dripped down the face of the strike team leader as he told his team to head back to the logging company. Their search would start at sunrise when they could get a better view of the world around. As they started their trek back to the logging company, they heard bone cracking snap that echoed through the forest. One of the operatives unleashed a painful cry as his limbs twisted in all directions. The strike team turned and saw a large mechanical figure emerging under the light of the moon. Their eyes widened as they saw lights shining off the chest of the large figure. They could hear that same mechanical breathing coming from the figure. The strike team leader screamed, “FIRE!”. Shots rang out as the operatives fired upon the dark figure. 

The mechanical being lifted his hand, and suddenly the wounded strike team member levitated off the snow-covered ground. His body became a barrier between the mechanical being and the bullets that were being fired. The other operatives ceased firing after watching their bullets rip through their comrade. Suddenly, the lifeless body of their fallen comrade was thrown in their direction. The rest of the team started to scatter in all directions as a bloodlust started flowing through their veins. After watching the brutal murder of their friend and comrade, the strike team had every intention of destroying this mechanical monster. A bright crimson blade ignited from a hilt that the dark figure was carrying. With the bright red light of the blade, they could see the figure more clearly. The dark lenses that covered his eyes had that crimson light reflecting off it as he slowly moved through the snow. With each step, the snow crunched beneath the mechanical beast.

"It would be wise for you to surrender." Vader said with an emotionless voice.

"Light 'em up!" The strike team leader screamed while shooting at the mechanical being. 

With calculated movements, the ruthless being cut through one of the operatives with ease. He snapped his hand with the flick of his wrist, and the echo of a cracking neck from one of the agents filled the air around. A swift movement of his hand caused another operative to fly through the air and get crushed against a tree. The ruthless beast cut through more of the operatives. After the deaths of several more of the agents, the surviving members retreated back through the trees. They hoped that they could make it back the logging company. If only they could make it back, they could flea in the quinjet back to the S.H.I.E.L.D. helicarrier. While racing through the forest, the strike team leader tried to radio command for help but something was blocking their signal. 

They could see the lights from the logging company through the trees ahead. Their arms and legs burned while pushing themselves through branches and thorns. Before they could reach the quinjet, they watched in horror as it rose high above them. The aircraft crashed against the trees and an explosion pierced through the night sky. Their hearts raced as they heard that same mechanical breathing from behind them. With what strength and courage that they had left, the strike team turned around and fired upon the dark armored foe. The fiery red crimson ignited and the armored warrior finished off the rest of the S.H.I.E.L.D. operatives. 

Flying overhead, the armored warrior saw another aircraft approaching. He slowly put away his crimson lightsaber and lifted his hand. Through the Force, Vader took hold of the ship and started bringing to the frozen ground below. The ship unleashed a couple missiles before it crashed on the ground. An explosion shook the ground beneath Vader and a cloud of black smoke filled the air. Before the ship crashed, the pilot let out a distress signal. 

Approaching the coordinates of the logging company, the dark blue eyes of Steve Roger's gazed upon the distress signal. His blood started to boil once he realized that the lives of all those men were lost. He clinched his fists and gritted his teeth. The Captain ripped his shield off the wall and started gathering his equipment. With everything he heard from Kate Bishop and Brother Voodoo over the short briefing, he made sure that he would be well equipped to take on whatever threat that slaughtered those men. Rogers stormed over toward the back of the quinjet and punched the controls for the doors to open into the cold winter night. One of the other S.H.I.E.L.D. operatives pleaded for him to stay behind, but Steve did not give it a second thought. He jumped out of the ship and dived into the darkness below. 

After landing in the thick snow that covered the world below, Captain America stood up high. He steadily made his way toward the location of the logging company. Director Fury attempted to radio him, but Steve ignored his orders. For Captain America, he had to see if there were any survivors. He was not going to leave a man behind in this battle. Approaching the smoke and flames outside the facility, the Avenger gazed upon the horror in disbelief. He saw the bodies of those S.H.I.E.L.D. agents and sighed. While walking through the carnage, he heard a faint sound from within the facility. It was a mechanical breathing sound that waited within the walls of the logging company. 

The Avenger sauntered past trees and heavy equipment. He then saw that dark armored warrior standing on a mezzanine within the facility. His blue eyes adjusted to the light of the crimson blade that the dark armored warrior carried as he started walking toward the steps of the mezzanine. A rage started to burn within Steve Rogers once he realized that this was the enemy that slaughtered all of those men. These were men that Steve had trained himself, and now they were all dead. 

"Your thoughts betray you, Captain Rogers." Darth Vader said while glaring upon the super-soldier.

"Who are you?" Captain America growled.

"You will not live long enough to know." Darth Vader responded.

"I will stop you!" Captain America roared.

"You will die!" Darth Vader hissed while pointing his lightsaber at the Avenger.

Captain Ameirca has his shield, a grenade, a smoke bomb and a concussion grenade

Darth Vader has his lightsaber 

12 hours ago, leroypowell3 said:

Cap may be more than the clone soilders but he's still outmatched by Vader.

Yeah he doesn't really have anything to stop the force.

Great read though.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, leroypowell3 said:

Cap may be more than the clone soilders but he's still outmatched by Vader.

6 hours ago, IKA said:

Yeah he doesn't really have anything to stop the force.

Great read though.

Thank you for commenting 

I do think Cap may put up a bit of a fight since he has experience with some pretty powerful heavy hitters. 

Great setup.  I think it would be a visually cool fight and I could see Steve Rogers pulling it out. Like if it were narratively necessary for him to win you could do it in a way that doesn't come across as ludicrous or improbable. That said, I think Vader should win so I'm going with ol' Anakin.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, JohnnyChany said:

Great setup.  I think it would be a visually cool fight and I could see Steve Rogers pulling it out. Like if it were narratively necessary for him to win you could do it in a way that doesn't come across as ludicrous or improbable. That said, I think Vader should win so I'm going with ol' Anakin.

Thanks Johnny

Match Final Results

Member Ratings:
4.00 - IKA
5.00 - StormChaser
4.80 - JohnnyChany
5.00 - patrickthekid

FPA Calculation:
4 Total Votes cast
18.80 Total Combined Score
18.80 / 4 = 4.70 Final Rating on the match

MATCH SCORE