Tournament - MST3K vs. Athena (Tomorrowland)
MATCH SCORE
MST3K: 4
Athena (Tomorrowland): 0

Rumble 20540 Oroku Hiroto vs. Samael vs. Kim Minsu
MATCH SCORE
Oroku Hiroto: 0
Samael: 1
Kim Minsu: 3

Rumble 20539 Whitespikes vs. The Xenomorphs
MATCH SCORE
Whitespikes: 0
The Xenomorphs: 3

Cameron Poe vs. Castor Troy
MATCH SCORE
Cameron Poe: 3
Castor Troy: 0

Raphael (Mirage) vs. Ken Masters
MATCH SCORE
Raphael (Mirage): 4
Ken Masters: 6

Match 18754 Katniss Everdeen vs. Bella Swan

broadwaybeyonder

Two Peacekeepers dragged Katniss Everdeen through the sublevel below the Arena.  Katniss struggled to free herself, but the armored soldiers held firm as they opened the sliding doors to the Launch Room.  They shoved her into the glass cylinder in the center of the room and quickly sealed it shut.  Katniss glared as a white-haired man in a suit strode into the room, flanked by the Peacekeepers.  “My dear Miss Everdeen,” said President Snow.  “It has been so long since we’ve been able to speak face to face.”  Katniss slammed her fist against the wall of her tribute tube.  “I swear I will make you pay, you murderer!  For what you did to my home!  To my sister!  To Peeta!” 

Snow approached the tube and smirked.  “Ah, yes.  That is the fire I’ve come to expect from the fabled Mockingjay.  Unfortunately, your little rebellion will be in need of a new poster child.  For I have managed to arrange a final Game for you.  A Game that will put an end to this insurrection you started.” 

“The Districts have already turned against you, Mr. President,” said Katniss coldly.  “You can hide in the Capitol, kill me.  But you can’t stop what’s coming for you.” 

“You understate your importance, Miss Everdeen.  You are the symbol these traitors have chosen to rally behind.  Their resolve will surely be shaken when word reaches them that their Mockingjay is dead.” 

Katniss glanced up at the roof of her tube then back to Snow.  “So.  Who have you brought in to kill me for you?  More Careers?  Peacekeepers?” 

Shaking his head, Snow started walking around the tube.  “No, Miss Everdeen.  For this Hunger Game, you will be competing against one opponent.” 

Katniss turned in the tube to follow Snow.  “One?  Did you capture Peeta too?”  

“Unfortunately no.  This Tribute is a rather… unusual case.  Tell me, Miss Everdeen, what do you know of the world that was before Panem?”  Katniss quietly groaned.  “I don’t need a history lesson from you, Snow.” 

“Oh, I’m sure you would find this interesting.  Very little of the old world remained when Panem began setting up the Districts.  But as Panem expanded it’s reach, they made an incredible discovery.  A secret commune that had managed to survive the devastation.  Capitol forces attempted to annex this tribe, only to be forced back.  Rumors began to swirl of a group of beings stronger and faster than normal men.  It was even whispered that these creatures couldn’t even be killed.”  Katniss looked on in disbelief as Snow continued.  “But, as is always the case, we found a way.  Capitol scientists were able to determine the weaknesses of these abominations, and thus informed, they were quickly eradicated.” 

“Another glorious chapter in the history of Panem,” Katniss said sarcastically.  Snow’s eyes narrowed.  “Indeed it was, my dear Miss Everdeen.  I know you and your allies look at me as a monster, but there are real monsters in this world.  I have done what was necessary to continue the existence of our society.  And those creatures were more of a threat than your rebellion could ever hope to be.” 

“What does this have to do with this other Tribute?” 

“Because, Miss Everdeen, that as threatening as these creatures were, there was also great potential.  It was decided by the Capitol that some of them would be saved for further study.  And one proved to be more resilient than the rest.  She seemed quite focused on avenging the death of her husband and daughter.  She has been imprisoned and kept drugged ever since.” 

“For over 80 years?” Katniss asked.  “She’d have to be older than Mags by now.” 

Snow turned away from the tube and walked to the door with the Peacekeepers.  “I assure you, Miss Everdeen, that this woman is just as full of surprises as you are.  But you will soon see for yourself.”  He turned and smirked.  “Oh.  And Happy Hunger Games.  May the odds be ever in your favor.” 

Katniss slammed her fist on the glass wall of the tube as the platform she stood on began to rise.  She yelled in anger at Snow as the tube sealed under her and the hatch above her slid open.  Blinking she covered her eyes as the glare of the sun shone through the glass canopy overlooking the arena.  In front of her Katniss could see the Cornucopia and it’s cache of weapons and supplies.  And to her right, standing on a similar platform to her, was Katniss’ competition. 

It was a girl who didn’t look older than Katniss herself.  Her skin was pale and her hair long and brown.  But Katniss was particularly drawn to the Tribute’s piercing gold eyes that glared laser focused at the Cornucopia. 

An electronic voice counted down the seconds as Katniss readied herself to run.  There was no point in talking to the girl.  Only one of them was walking out of the arena alive. 

“10.  9.  8.  7.  6.  5.  4.  3.  2.  1.  0.” 

The two women leapt off their podiums and dashed to the Cornucopia.  As Katniss ran she was amazed at how fast the Tribute was going, reaching the Cornucopia before she did.  The Tribute drew a sword and swung it at Katniss, who ducked and rolled out of the way.  Katniss quickly grabbed a bow and a quiver of arrows before racing into the forest that surrounded the glade. 

Bella Swan, the last surviving vampire of the Cullen clan, watched the other girl flee.  Her senses had been dulled and her body weakened by the drugs that her captors had pumped into her.  But it was no matter.  She would find her opponent, kill her, then drink the blood of the rest of these butchers that had killed her husband and daughter. 

OK:

The battle is set in the arena, a battleground made to resemble a forest terrain.

Katniss Everdeen: Between Mockingjay Part 1 and 2.  Full strength.  Armed with her bow and arrows. 

Bella Swan: Post Twilight series.  A vampire but starts in a weakened state due to being drugged by Snow.  She starts at peak human strength, speed, and durability, but the longer the fight continues, she regains her vampiric powers. 

Last woman standing, wins. 

Game On! 

THE BOTTOM LINE

Katniss tore through the underbrush with her bow at the ready.  Her opponent had managed to dodge every arrow she had shot at her.  No one Katniss had faced in the Hunger Games had moved as fast as that.  Maybe Snow’s talk of monsters was more than just another mind game. 

There was the crack of wood from above Katniss and she quickly spun upward to take aim.  She could see a figure moving along the branches and fired.  Bella leapt off the branch, eluding the arrow and dived down to earth on top of Katniss.  Bella quickly had her hands around Katniss’ throat, her eyes blazing with rage.  She bared her fangs and drew closer to Katniss’ neck, only for Katniss to pull out a hunting knife and slash it across Bella’s arm.  Bella shrieked and fell back, allowing Katniss to jump to her feet and pick up the bow.  She was down to only one arrow.  She pulled back the bow and aimed at Bella, only for the vampire to lunge forward, knock the bow aside, and deliver a strike that sent Katniss flying backwards into a tree. 

Bella heard the snap of Katniss’ neck, and watched as the body crumpled to the ground.  As she struggled to catch her breath, Bella began to finally think clearly.  She had been fighting on instinct.  The drugs that Panem scientists had pumped into her had reduced her to little more than an animal.  But now she could see the results of her anger. 

Bella hurried to Katniss’ side and knelt down next to her.  Her breathing was ragged, and Bella could hear her heart struggling to beat.  “I’m sorry,” she whispered.  “Please know that I’m sorry.  They’ve killed my family, my friends.  Now they’ve made me kill for them.  I don’t…”  Bella was cut short as she felt Katniss’ hand grasp hers.  She looked at Hunger Games winner’s taut face as she struggled to speak.  “Don’t… let… them… own you.”  With a last shuddering breath, Katniss Everdeen fell still.  Bella listened as her heart beat it’s last.  She looked down at what Katniss had pressed into her hand.  It was a gold pin in the shape of a bird.  Closing her fist around the pin, Bella gazed down at the brave, young woman who had challenged her.  Maybe this wouldn’t have to be the end of her fight. 

Bella suddenly spun around at the sound of a rifle being cocked.  She saw five armed Peacekeepers in white body armor surrounding her.  “Steady, men!” the leader shouted.  “You heard the President!  Take her down!”  In the brief instant before triggers could be pulled, Bella gave one last look to Katniss, bared her fangs, then dived snarling into the Peacekeepers. 

A few weeks later in District 13, Peeta Meelark opened the door of a unused garage and walked in.  He looked around the dimly lit room and stepped around damaged vehicles and parts.  The mood among the Rebellion was at an all time low.  The Capitol had aired the footage of Katniss’ death on every screen in Panem.  Some had wanted to counterattack the Capitol, others had said that if the Mockingjay was dead, there was no more Rebellion.  Peeta only felt the emptiness of not being there for her. 

“Haymitch?” he called.  “Are you in here?”  The longhaired mentor stepped out from behind a burned-out wreck.  “Yeah, I’m here.  Are you sure no one followed you?” 

“Yes, I’m sure.  What’s this all about?  Why’d you want to meet here?” 

“Because I didn’t want everyone in the District to know about this.  But I figured you should be the first.” 

Peeta scowled and looked around the garage.  “Know what?”  Haymitch Abernathy looked to speak then sighed and turned around to call behind the wreck.  “You might as well come out now.”  Peeta’s eyes widened at the sight of Bella stepping into the light and next to Haymitch.  Peeta stormed toward Bella until Haymitch got in between them.  “Peeta!  Stand down!  Listen to me!” 

“I’m through listening to you!” Peeta snapped.  “This… thing killed Katniss!”  Bella bowed her head then focused her eyes on Peeta.  “Please, Mr. Meelark.  I know you are upset.  But I believe I can help.” 

“Help?” Peeta laughed ruefully.  “Like you helped Snow murder Katniss?!” 

“Well, she did, and she didn’t,” said Haymitch. 

“What the hell is that supposed to mean?” 

Haymitch took a deep breath.  “After… the fight was over and the Capitol cut off the feed, Snow sent his Peacekeepers to finish off Miss Swan here.  She used these powers of hers to take ‘em out and get herself and Katniss out of there.” 

“And what difference does that make?” interrupted Peeta.  “We don’t need her or her powers!” 

“I know you have no reason to trust me, Mr. Meelark,” said Bella.  “But after what Snow and decades of presidents before him have done to me and my family, I want to make him pay just as much as you and the others in this Rebellion do.  And to start, I have used my ‘powers’ to set right something else.”  Bella gestured behind her, and another figure walked out from behind the wreck.  Peeta gasped in shock at the sight of the woman he knew as Katniss Everdeen.  But her eyes now looked almost golden, and her skin seemed to shimmer in the sunlight coming through a cracked window. 

“Hello, Peeta,” said Katniss, two fangs showing as she spoke.  “We need to talk.”