Killjoy: 2
The Leprechaun: 0

Rumble 20545 Team Fortress 2 vs. Inhumanoids
MATCH SCORE
Team Fortress 2: 0
Inhumanoids: 3

Match 18710 Kylo Ren vs. Reva Sevander

broadwaybeyonder

*THE FOLLOWING BROADCAST IS BEING PRESENTED BY THE TRANSDIMENSIONAL COMBAT COMMISSION THROUGH THE BENEVOLENCE OF THE 9.  ALL COMBATANTS MUST AGREE TO FOLLOW TCC GUIDELINES AT ALL TIMES.  VIOLATION OF GUIDELINES WILL RESULT IN PUNISHMENT, DEATH, AND SUSPENSION.  SAFETY OF ATENDEES IS NOT GUARANTEED.* 

Maximillion Pegasus: Oh, hello, boys and girls!  It’s your old pals, the 9, giving you another thrilling match up!  And joining me in the booth today is none other than the most revered Time Lord of Gallifrey, 9 member Lord Rassilon! 

Rassilon: I trust that this contest will be worthy of our greatness, Pegasus.  I’ve found some of these battles to be rather… disappointing. 

Maximillion Pegasus: Oh, Rassy boy, don’t be like that!  I for one got a kick out of seeing LeBron play against Michael. 

Rassilon: Children’s games.  We are the sole providers of combat to the multiverse.  Surely, we are capable of more than pathetic displays of human athleticism. 

Maximillion Pegasus: Hmm.  Maybe I should gotten someone else to do commentary with me today.  But not to worry!  Today’s crowd is filled with hooded and cloaked fans anxious to see a battle of the Dark Side.  It’s Kylo Ren vs Third Sister Reva Sevander! 

Rassilon: Really?  I have been meaning to see practitioners of the Force in action.  And unencumbered by the codes of these Jedi, I have no doubt we will see their full powers on display.  

Maximillion Pegasus: Oh yes!  One driven by a desire to kill Darth Vader, the other determined to be the next Darth Vader!  The makings of a classic!  Let’s send it down to the battle terrain and…

Rassilon: Pegasus.  Isn’t this where you show footage of the combatants getting interviewed by that group of imbecilic women? 

Maximillion Pegasus: The Misfits, yes.  Normally yes, but err… we’ve had a little difficulty. 

Rassilon: What difficulty?  Those fools have managed to bungle every interview they’ve tried to give.  What could have stopped them this time? 

Maximillion Pegasus: Weeeeell, it turns out that when the girls tried to get comments from Kylo and Reva, both of them were in the middle of meditation sessions.  When they snapped them out of it, the two were apparently so enraged they proceeded to take their lightsabers and eviscerate the lot of them. 

Rassilon: Good.  Perhaps we can get some capable interviewers next time. 

Maximillion Pegasus: Sorry, Rassy.  They are already getting put back together by Dr. Stockman and …ahem Davros. 

Rassilon: Hmm. 

Maximillion Pegasus: …With that said, let’s throw it down to Mongul for the introductions! 

Mongul: TONIGHT!  WE BRING YOU THE BATTLE OF THE DARK SIDE!  THE BATTLE TERRAIN HAS BEEN SELECTED!  OUR TWO FORCE USERS WILL BE DOING BATTLE IN THE MUSTAFAR FOUNDRY MAP! 

Maximillion Pegasus: Ooh!  With the Vader connection this should prove most entertaining!  Platforms, equipment, streams of lava.  Probably the most hazardous map we have devised! 

Mongul: OUR FIRST COMBATANT!  REPRESENTING THE KNIGHTS OF REN: KYLO REN! 

Rassilon: Walking out onto the landing platform, wearing his helmet.  He ignites his lightsaber and holds it at the ready. 

Mongul: AND HIS OPPONENT!  REPRESENTING THE INQUISITORIUS:  THIRD SISTER REVA SEVANDER! 

Maximillion Pegasus: An astonishing entrance as Reva uses her double-bladed lightsaber to fly over the battle terrain and land on the platform across from Kylo!  She closes it to crescent mode and points the blade at him! 

Reva Sevander: Once I defeat you, it will prove that I will be ready to take my revenge on Vader! 

Kylo Ren: Such arrogance.  I will make this quick. 

Maximillion Pegasus: The crowd is clapping and stomping the ground in anticipation! 

Rassilon: The official is in place!  Let the battle commence! 

Referee: Combatants ready?  3!  2!  1!  Commence combat! 

OK:

Kylo Ren (Force Awakens) vs Reva Sevander (Obi-Wan Kenobi pre-Vader fight)

Both are at full strength. 

They are fighting on a map made to resemble the Anakin/Obi-Wan fight scene from Revenge of the Sith. 

This is a fight to the death. 

Game On! 

Interesting match up!

For me, Kylo was about the only thing that I enjoyed from the sequels. I don't want this to be a sequel bashing thread so I'll just leave that opinion out of it. I think some of the comics and tie in material showed that he was pretty powerful and skilled up to TFA. He even displayed some pretty decent skills and power in TFA. I know that he was overshadowed in the end battle, but that will lead me to criticizing the sequels. I will say the sequels did not really display much skill when it came to lightsaber combat.

Reva also proved to be quite skilled. With that said, she was one of my least favorite aspects of the Obi Wan show. It was nothing against the actress or character. I liked her character and the actress did a wonderful job, but Obi Wan is my favorite character so I felt like her story did not fit well in the show. For me, it took away from Obi and Vader. With all that said, she did not seem very powerful compared to the other inquisitors and she got absolutely wrecked by Vader. 

I'm not saying Kylo would stand much of a chance against Vader, but from what we saw of him I'm TFA and in some of the comics leasing up to TFA, I feel like he should be able to defeat Reva. Reva may have the edge may lightsaber combat but Kylo would have the edge in raw power. 

• Like 1

THE BOTTOM LINE

Maximillion Pegasus: Both combatants charge forward screaming and swinging their lightsabers!  Blade meets blade as they duel across the platform. 

Rassilon: Such brute force on display.  Sevander activates her secondary blade and swings upward to force back Ren.  Sevander expertly pushes ahead with the rotating blades, but Ren is able to dodge that as well. 

Maximillion Pegasus: Kylo goes for a low thrust but is blocked, Reva knocks his blade away and…

Reva Sevander: ARGH! 

Rassilon: Impressive.  Ren managed to score a hit on Sevander with the smaller blades on the cross guard of his saber. 

Maximillion Pegasus: Oh dear.  Reva girl is looking more than a little upset about that!  Look!  She’s detached her lightsaber into two separate blades! 

Rassilon: With a roar Sevander engages with Ren again.  She is no longer looking to fight like as an Inquisitor.  She’s seeking Ren’s blood! 

Maximillion Pegasus: Kylo blocks one blade with the Force and the other blade with his lightsaber!  Lava explodes around the platform as the crowd howls in approval!  Reva adjusts her grip and OH MY! 

Rassilon: Sparks fly as Sevander’s blade slashes across Ren’s helmet!  Ren drops to a knee, looking up enraged at Sevander!  He extends his arm towards her!  He’s trying to use the Force to steal her lightsaber! 

Maximillion Pegasus: Reva has to leap away!  Trying to get some distance from Kylo!  She re-attaches her saber and goes into flight mode.  Maybe she’s trying to find a high ground! 

Rassilon: But now she’s just hovering in the air!  She’s just holding on to her lightsaber and gasping for breath! 

Maximillion Pegasus: Kylo boy has her in a Force choke!  Reva is desperately hanging on, but now she’s being pushed out from over the platform!  There’s nothing but lava below her! 

Rassilon: The crowd smells blood.  Ren clenches his fist, and Reva’s lightsaber turns off! 

Reva Sevander: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHH!!! 

Maximillion Pegasus: Kylo boy pulls Reva’s lightsaber to him as she falls to her fiery demise.  It’s always nice to get a souvenir from a battle. 

Referee: Winner: Kylo Ren! 

Rassilon: Ren did say he wanted to make this quick, and he was a man of his word. 

Maximillion Pegasus: Just as we, the 9, are men of our word.  We said we would crush that silly Bunker of Al and Andel’s and we did!  And now, as we head into the New Year…

KRAASH! 

Rassilon: What?!  Who dares…?! 

Chloe Bourgeois: VENOM! 

Maximillion Pegasus: Well, well.  If it isn’t Chloe girl dropping in to say hello. 

Chloe Bourgeois: Stuff it, Pegasus!  Al and Andel might be okay with just being in hiding, but Queen Bee doesn’t hide from anybody! 

Rassilon: Impudent brat! 

Maximillion Pegasus: Now, Rassy, no need to be rude.  What can we do for you, dear? 

Chloe Bourgeois: First off, don’t call me ‘dear’ unless you want a taste of my Miraculous!  Then, you and the rest of these old creeps of the 9 get out of here and give it back to Al and Andel!  This place was working just fine until you weirdos took over!  And I’m not spending another day hiding out in clammy Bunkers! 

Maximillion Pegasus: Hmm.  Strong words, Chloe girl.  The 9 appreciates such gumption.  But no one said you have to stay in hiding.  Why not come back to TCC Arena as one of our special combatants? 

Chloe Bourgeois: I don’t care what you… special combatant? 

Maximillion Pegasus: But of course!  The 9 would be happy to have you on board.  All we would need from you would be to turn off your Venom, and tell us just where Al and Andel are hiding. 

Chloe Bourgeois: I… I mean…

Maximillion Pegasus: Face it, Chloe girl.  You belong with us, not with those naïve fools.  Just tell us what we want to know. 

Chloe Bourgeois: I…I…. No!  I saw what you did at the Bunker!  You would have killed everybody in there if we didn’t get away!  I’ll never work for you losers!  Ridiculous!  Utterly Ri…

KSSSSSSSH! 

Chloe Bourgeois: Ahhhhhhhh! 

Maximillion Pegasus: Well done, Miss America.  ‘Ice’ work. 

Miss America:  Thank you, Mr. Pegasus. 

Rassilon: Is the whelp dead? 

Maximillion Pegasus: Oh no.  Just frozen.  We still will need to have a long talk with her to find out where Al and Andel’s band of rebels are.  And if she still wishes to be uncooperative, well.  Then I guess our next battle here at TCC Arena will feature a special attraction: the execution of Chloe Bourgeois! 

Well, that’s all the time we have for today!  This is Maximillion Pegasus, speaking for the 9, saying “So long!” 

Al Rossi: This is bad!  I told Chloe we needed to lay low and she does this! 

Andel Sanap: Calm yourself, Al.  We need to accelerate our plan.  And we need someone to save Miss Bourgeois. 

Al Rossi: Sheesh.  You’re right.  I just hope she’s up for it.  After all that Chloe did to her. 

Andel Sanap: Yes.  But if we’re going to get Miss Bourgeois out of there, we have no choice.  Computer, open a channel to Angel Grove.